Anyone had mail from the DWP recently?

Last year, a number of people reported delivery time for mail from DWP to Thailand of 16-20 weeks, using the postnl service. Has this now improved? I ask as they're currently sending me a document to claim a foreign state pension and if it's going to take 20 weeks to arrive that's far too long. I asked them for a printable electronic copy but they ignored my request. Has anyone had a Proof of Life certificate from them recently, or an invitation to claim your UK state pension, and if so did you notice how long it took to arrive here?

Alternatively, if anyone happens to have DWP form CFN 901 I'd be very grateful for a copy.

I already asked this question on the UK& Europe forum, but only received one reply, I doubt if that forum's anything like as popular as the Pattaya local forum, so I'm hoping I might get more responses here where I know a lot of Brits check every day.

Unfortunately that 16-20 weeks involves mostly the time taken to answer your request in the first place because of backlogs

I had reason to contact them last year and it was 4 months until I got a reply within the UK (along with apology).....The post itself to Thailand would take no longer than 5 days at most

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Unfortunately that 16-20 weeks involves mostly the time taken to answer your request in the first place because of backlogs

I had reason to contact them last year and it was 4 months until I got a reply within the UK (along with apology).....The post itself to Thailand would take no longer than 5 days at most

When I read about the long delays last year I was already in contact with a lady at DWP via e-mail about another issue, which she was very helpful with, so I mentioned the problem to her. She hadn't heard anything about it and passed the info along to her manager who was supposed to look into matters. Apparently, they regard 8 weeks as an acceptable delivery time, but 16 weeks is not. If the form they're sending me now is likely to take north of 10 weeks to arrive then I'll hassle them some more about sending me an electronic copy.

On 2/25/2024 at 2:07 PM, Guderian said:

I asked them for a printable electronic copy but they ignored my request.

How have you been making your unsuccessful attempts to contact DWP? Personally I have experienced success through using their online enquiry form to contact them on matters relating to the State Pension:

https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/ipc/personal-details

• Thanks 1

They have a built in ten day delay to answering Emails.

Forget the phone, they don't answer it.

Eventually after repeated Emails they accepted that the mail system is hopeless, and (their suggestion) sent the letters to my brother in the UK, for him to open, scan and send to me by Email. That rather torpedoes their claims that they can't use Email for security reasons!

Mind you, my pension has been delayed by over two months. Friday my brother received letters from DWP and City Bank to tell me that the money would be in my account by the 4th of March.

It wasn't. It isn't. Oxygen thiefs. They lied.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thanks 1