Thai Prime Minister’s Surprise Airport Inspection Unveils Slow Services, Vows Improvement

webfact

17 hours ago, orchidfan said:

True. But 90+% I fly Emirates, they email me about 48hrs ahead with a link to online checkin.

So I was mainly referring to my experiences with them....and the OP photo appears to be at Emirates checkin counters (?)

Well, that's just personal opinion that has nothing to do with reality.

I never fly that airline and have never flown that airline despite having flown ... no idea.. a million miles perhaps?

23 hours ago, ChipButty said:

He should try the immigration offices and see what we have to go through, 

Couldn't agree more,  4 hours to make my marriage extension & that was from when I got the forms to fill out, 61 signatures, having to take our witness along (lost wages to her), almost 1 hr. to get all the copies and photos printed (12), Bank & Amphur the quickest say 1hr all up.

So 6 hrs. all up.

And then the immigration officer had the Audacity to tell me it's to much paper work, as if it was my fault. 🙄 I still don't understand why they can not just scan all docs. into their system, it makes no sense, since once they have all the copies they then scan and upload into their system Thailand 0.0000004   

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Sluglord said:

Well, that's just personal opinion that has nothing to do with reality.

I never fly that airline and have never flown that airline despite having flown ... no idea.. a million miles perhaps?

Yes, personal opinions and experiences tend to form the major part of this "open" forum.

On 2/26/2024 at 3:20 AM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

On February 24th, 2024, Thai Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin posted a message on X regarding an unofficial evening visit to Suvarnabhumi Airport without prior announcements to inspect airport services.

Srettha stated that he visited Suvarnabhumi Airport in the evening when there are many passengers. Srettha reportedly timed the airport service time from the checking-in system to the immigration checkpoint and thoroughly inspected all the services which were still reported as slow by many visitors and tourists.

In response to the airport services, Srettha instructed relevant agencies to find solutions for spending less time in the checking-in process. Srettha also stated that he would perform a surprise inspection again by himself.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

So he's now done 2 surprise inspections and not happy at all with what he observed.

Seems to me the minister should be sacked immediately and replaced by a person who previously had no connection to this area, and should be a person who is not easily intimidated by people / gangs who don't want any disruption to their gravy trough, not forgetting these folks will likely have no hesitation to be ruthless / violent if needed. 

Perhaps a very detailed corruption investigation is also needed to gain total proof of where every budget Baht is being spent and why? 

Edited by scorecard

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Couldn't agree more,  4 hours to make my marriage extension & that was from when I got the forms to fill out, 61 signatures, having to take our witness along (lost wages to her), almost 1 hr. to get all the copies and photos printed (12), Bank & Amphur the quickest say 1hr all up.

So 6 hrs. all up.

And then the immigration officer had the Audacity to tell me it's to much paper work, as if it was my fault. 🙄 I still don't understand why they can not just scan all docs. into their system, it makes no sense, since once they have all the copies they then scan and upload into their system Thailand 0.0000004   

Many other countrie are now close to paperless, it can be done, Singapore is a good example. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Many other countrie are now close to paperless, it can be done, Singapore is a good example. 

Many other countries also have a good education system, and intelligent cops/immigration with staff that actually know the set rules/laws that aren't made up on the spot or are different from office to office. Thailand well sadly they are very backward in coming forward on almost every level.