New Visa fees beginning on 19th March 2024

44 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Ministry of foreign affairs (MFA) still publishes prices for Non-O single as 2000 Baht, multiple entry 5000 Baht.

From that the consulates worldwide calculate their local prices.

1900 Baht is not a visa fee. Fee for one year extension. Completely different topic.

I know about the 2000 Baht from own experience. Paid that in 2022 for a >visa!< issued by Khon Kaen immigration (a special case).

If this NZ price explosion would apply worldwide we would hear a lot about it. For now I put it on wait and see.

Yes, I should have said extension fee. It is about time for a 'cost-of-living' increase though - my barber has doubled his price to 60 baht over the past 20 years......

I'm more concerned about the 'minimum in the bank' being doubled again......

Edited by NotEinstein
words!
  • Like 1

If this comes true it's another kick in the ... for westerners.

Keep away!

90 days on a Non O for more than 400 Euro??

90 days for Russians: 0 Ruble.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

I don't recall all of the fee increases, I do remember that the amount of money to be kept in the bank for marriage or retirement doubled from 200K to 400K and (I think) 400K to 800K.  I think the actual visa fees at least doubled.  I'm sure that someone else who was around then will remember the exact figures.

in 99  retirement went from 200,000 ( or maybe 250,000) to 800,000

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Found this from the fee increases made on 1 January 2004.

Most went up by almost 4 times the then current amount.

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/Huge-increase-visa-fees-next-year

and been the same since

4 hours ago, george said:

Thai Embassy in Canberra, Australia, raised the visa fees last September 2022, was that not worldwide?

https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/fees/

No they didn't, that's an absolute lie. 

METV was and still is $300. It's been like that for a number of many years already.

SETV was and still is $60. It's been like that for a number of many years already too.

Edited by bbi1

5 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

It's been 20 years since the price of visas and extensions increased.  The last time this happened was after Thaksin was elected for his first term.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

Rubbish. They increased the visa prices maybe 6-7 years ago, at least they did for the tourist visas in Australia.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Keep away!

How can we all get Russian passports so we can avoid this visa fee increase? 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NotEinstein said:

Yes, I should have said extension fee. It is about time for a 'cost-of-living' increase though - my barber has doubled his price to 60 baht over the past 20 years......

I'm more concerned about the 'minimum in the bank' being doubled again......

If there is any increase in the bank requirements, and I am yet to be convinced there will be, I would hope that there are grandfathered rights in any new police order, like the current one.

IMG_2198.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert

7 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

If there is any increase in the bank requirements, and I am yet to be convinced there will be, I would hope that there are grandfathered rights in any new police order, like the current one.

IMG_2198.jpeg

This has now gone off topic. This topic is about increase of visa fees at Thai Embassies and Consulates abroad, and NOT about any changes in requirements regarding extension of stay or monetary requirements for visa extensions.

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, george said:

This has now gone off topic. This topic is about increase of visa fees at Thai Embassies and Consulates abroad, and NOT about any changes in requirements regarding extension of stay or monetary requirements for visa extensions.

Yes, sorry your right, as you said the announcement tomorrow is coming from MFA, it is not from the Immigration Bureau, so will only effect embassies.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Keep away!

This isn't just the Thais being mean to westernfolk, while granting visa free entry or reduced price visas to Chinese and Russians.

The fees are reciprocal and mutually negotiated.

Edited by NoDisplayName
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Yes, sorry your right, as you said the announcement tomorrow is coming from MFA, it is not from the Immigration Bureau, so will only effect embassies.

MFA is the head of embassies and consulates. Immigration Bureau has no power over Thai embassies and consulates. 

15 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

That's just dumb.  Fly to Vientiane and get a tourist visa for 1900 baht. 

That's just NZ$85

I knew things were expensive in NZ (and that's one of the reasons why I left Nov 2023) but I thought Thailand was suppose to be encouraging people to come visit. 

Crazy crazy crazy

Thai embassies and consulates around the world standardise the price of visas. So if a visa costs NZD 50, it will be around USD 30 in the USA, UK 25 etc which is about the same price as NZD 50. There will be slight differences due to fluctuating exchange rates but they work out to be roughly the same price. This is nothing to do with New Zealand being an expensive country.

Assuming these visa fee increases as posted at the Thai Embassy in New Zealand are for real, you can expect similar price increases in all Thai embassies and consulates around the world from the same date, March 19.

These price increases are very steep!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zzzzz said:

why?? arrive get a 30 day FREE visa exempt
30 day extension 1,900 baht ( $53)
or travel and get one in laos, malaysia, Cambodia for $40!
what is wrong with new Zealand? 

I would expect that the price to extend a visa in country of 1,900 baht will jump by a similar amount. Before it was 500 baht, it was 1,900 baht - so it increased by almost four x. Could that happen again? Could it become 7,500 baht or thereabouts to extend a visa?! Oh, this is going to hurt a lot of people!

13 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Sounds like a load of old b'llox or maybe a kiwi thing. Thailand would shoot itself in the foot if it started charging proper money for visas, while Vietnam would clean up. I mean, they've just been giving them away to the Chinese. 

I think it's simply a case that the Thai embassy in New Zealand jumped the gun and posted the new fees before it was officially announced. With forum moderator George coming out and saying the MFA will be announcing new WORLDWIDE visa fees on Tuesday, you can take these new fee rates as Gospel.

Edited by mstevens
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mstevens said:

Thai embassies and consulates around the world standardise the price of visas. So if a visa costs NZD 50, it will be around USD 30 in the USA, UK 25 etc which is about the same price as NZD 50. There will be slight differences due to fluctuating exchange rates but they work out to be roughly the same price. This is nothing to do with New Zealand being an expensive country.

Assuming these visa fee increases as posted at the Thai Embassy in New Zealand are for real, you can expect similar price increases in all Thai embassies and consulates around the world from the same date, March 19.

These price increases are very steep!

Looks like x6 at least, SE Tourist is £30, and SE non-O is £60 from London, going to £400+ perhaps? Luckily Dad just got his next TR SE approved. The next trip after that may be more for the Visa, than the taxes on the award flights :smile:

By the time I wake up in the UK tomorrow they, may have spilled the beans by then .....

The Elite to Privilege rises may have started the trend.

3 hours ago, mstevens said:

I think it's simply a case that the Thai embassy in New Zealand jumped the gun and posted the new fees before it was officially announced. With forum moderator George coming out and saying the MFA will be announcing new WORLDWIDE visa fees on Tuesday, you can take these new fee rates as Gospel.

I didn't say MFA will do an announcement by today, but I expect an answer from MFA press office by today, so we hopefully get some clarity.

Highly doubt NZ Thai Embassy is the only consular post which announces this huge increase in visa fees. Makes no sense at all.

• Agree 1

Thai visa from NZ and Aus are roughly the same (e.g. NZ$60 and A$60 for a single entry tourist visa). These new prices are insane, how can a single entry tourist visa be $300 and a multi-entry $1000

And a non-imm O going from $120 to $800. That means the non-imm O in Thailand could increase from 2000 baht to 13000. Crazy

Edited by Pattaya57

20 hours ago, Kiwifarang said:

I wonder if those prices will also increase. If visas outside the country are the same price as New Zealand, it would make sense to increase the extension prices inside the country at the same time.

Maybe, but only a matter of time anyway. They doubled the fees last time.

17 hours ago, bbi1 said:

No they didn't, that's an absolute lie. 

METV was and still is $300. It's been like that for a number of many years already.

SETV was and still is $60. It's been like that for a number of many years already too.

The first thing I noticed looking at the OP and a new price list is that it still has multiple entry tourist visas quoted.

If this is upto date, I thought that the METV are no longer available?

So I don't believe any of the new prices. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Boycie said:

The first thing I noticed looking at the OP and a new price list is that it still has multiple entry tourist visas quoted.

If this is upto date, I thought that the METV are no longer available?

So I don't believe any of the new prices. 

Since when have METV become no longer available? This is brand new news to me!!

I can now confirm that the visa fee increase at Royal Thai Embassy in Wellington, New Zealand is correct. See email attachment below.

Now I'm waiting for more info from MFA if this is a worldwide visa fee increase or not. 

nz-visa.jpeg

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1