New Visa fees beginning on 19th March 2024

10 minutes ago, george said:

We now got confirmation from Royal Thai Embassy in Doha,  increase as of March 1 but not near so steep increase. 

Single tourist visa 1700.  

See attachment:Doha-Announcement_Consular_Fee-3.pdf

Nothing has change that I can see??

Announcement on Consular Service Fees (effective 15 August 2022 onwards) - Royal Thai Embassy, Doha

eg STV Aug 22 150, March 24 150 Qatar Ryyals, Single Non-I Aug 22 300, March 24 300,

Just added smart visas

Edited by digital
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

i very much doubt that, anyone who can't afford such an increase couldn't afford to holiday here. :coffee1:

I expect those coming for a holiday will likely just use visa exempt at the airport anyways. 

Most will holiday for 30 days or less. 

• Agree 1

UPDATE:

We are now waiting for price hike info from Royal Thai Consulate Penang and Royal Thai Consulate in Kota Bharu.

Also waiting for official response from MFA Consular section regarding possible worldwide fee increase details.

58 minutes ago, digital said:

Nothing has change that I can see??

Announcement on Consular Service Fees (effective 15 August 2022 onwards) - Royal Thai Embassy, Doha

eg STV Aug 22 150, March 24 150 Qatar Ryyals, Single Non-I Aug 22 300, March 24 300,

Just added smart visas

Also note than NZ has the Non Imm and Smart visas at the same price,
Doha has the smart visa more expensive than the Non I visa's (on march 24 prices)

NZ
Non I multi 1 year 2000NZ (44,000THB ish), 1 yr smart 2000NZ (44,000THB ish),
3 year Non I multi 3 year 3000NZ (66,000THB ish), 3 year smart 3000NZ (66,000THB ish).

Doha
Non I multi 1 year 750QAR, (7,000THB ish), 1year Smart 1,500QAR (15,000THB ish)
Non  I (B) 3 year 1500QAR (15,000THB ish), 3 year smart 4,500QAR (44000 THB ish)

(hope I've done this right, back and forth between documents?)

Edited by digital
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, george said:

I can now confirm that the visa fee increase at Royal Thai Embassy in Wellington, New Zealand is correct. See email attachment below.

Now I'm waiting for more info from MFA if this is a worldwide visa fee increase or not. 

nz-visa.jpeg

Wow, Thailand as a holiday destination just lost a few points. No way would I pay $300 for a 60 day visa to go anywhere (especially when 30 days visa exempt is free)

Vietnam US$25 for 90 days looking much better value

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 12:39 PM, Ben Zioner said:

The 800k deposit will go up inevitably, but let's be serious not to 3 million. Let's be serious, and these 800k aren't  a visa fee anyway.

The biggest problem with bumping up over 1 million baht will be leaving money in a Thai bank account without deposit insurance to cover it. They dropped the coverage amount to 1 million baht now, which is an issue if asking us to put above that amount in a Thai bank.

2 hours ago, george said:

We now got confirmation from Royal Thai Embassy in Doha,  increase as of March 1 but not near so steep increase. 

Single tourist visa 1700.  

See attachment:Doha-Announcement_Consular_Fee-3.pdf

METV - 750 Qatari Riyal is about $314 Aussie Dollars. So basically an increase of 5% only. No need for anyone here to get their panties in a twist over a 5% price increase, if that's all true. 

10 minutes ago, george said:

UPDATE:

Answer from Royal Thai Consulate, Sydney, Australia:

"Good Afternoon! Please wait for our official announcement regarding the visa fee."

Surprised you even got an answer from the Sydney office. They've always ignored any emails sent to them in the past. Never got a response back from them.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Wow, Thailand as a holiday destination just lost a few points. No way would I pay $300 for a 60 day visa to go anywhere (especially when 30 days visa exempt is free)

Vietnam US$25 for 90 days looking much better value

What happened with the previous talk that visa exempt was to be changed to 90 days visa exempt for all those 30 day visa exempt passport countries?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

The biggest problem with bumping up over 1 million baht will be leaving money in a Thai bank account without deposit insurance to cover it.

You can put the money in the Government Savings bank, where deposits have unlimited insurance, and even get a slightly higher interest.

I opened one a week ago, and get 1.61% on a 8 month deposit, and no withholding tax deducted either. Promotion changes every month,

UPDATE:

We have now checked most of the Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates in Scandinavia, Europe, US, Canada and Japan and none have replied to us or published notices on their websites yet.

Waiting for answers from Penang, Kota Bharu, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and Singapore and a confirmation from MFA. MFA has so far been very quite and don't want to talk so much "for now".

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

METV - 750 Qatari Riyal is about $314 Aussie Dollars. So basically an increase of 5% only. No need for anyone here to get their panties in a twist over a 5% price increase, if that's all true. 

I don't think the rates have changed at Doha, see my earlier posts.

METV @ Doha 15 August 2022 750 QAR, on the 'new' 1 March 2024 750 QAR. The only change I see is smart visa have been added.

August 2022 prices...

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 3:27 AM, zzzzz said:

why?? arrive get a 30 day FREE visa exempt
30 day extension 1,900 baht ( $53)
or travel and get one in laos, malaysia, Cambodia for $40!
what is wrong with new Zealand? 

IF IF IF it is only New Zeland

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

i dont see the problem:
arrive for most on a 30 day FREE visa exempt, pay 1,900 ( $53) for 30 day extension>
fly home

If ur worried about flying without a return ticket in 30 days use
https://onwardflights.com/

Usually if you are going to get a Non-B visa in country with a school then they require you to be on a tourist visa label rather than visa-free entry permit stamp. So for teachers that don't want to have to go to Laos that is not an option. 

use to get a 1 year multiple NON-O based on family from Qatar but now with the e-visa they only giving single entry valid for 3 months.

Only other options for multiple entry is either non oA/X but for the non 0X they want you to have 3,000000 bhat fixed deposit in Thai bank or the elite visa now

or multiple entry tourist visa valid for 6 months.

Dwindling options

I wish they would just charge a flat fee of say $1 per day for all visas with max of 1 year at $365.  As long as you do not get arrested or into any trouble of any kind (checked online against police/immigration data base)  allow extensions up to one year online and without all the drama and BS of having to go to immigration and fill out a zillion forms and stand around all day or be semi forced to pay an agent to take care of what could and should be a simple five minute online form and payment.

For those who have a history of overstaying or working without permits or  police records etc then let them go to immigration and deal with it in a different way but for the vast majority who cause no problems, follow the rules, and have a history of coming to thailand with zero problems then cut us some slack?  What a concept. 

• Agree 1

The general list of visa fees is on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, mfa.go.th

Thai embassies and consulates post their fees in local currency at irregular intervals when they feel that the change in the exchange rate makes it necessary. So that they don't have to adjust them daily, they build some buffer into the newly calculated fees.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Maestro said:

The general list of visa fees is on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, mfa.go.th

Thai embassies and consulates post their fees in local currency at irregular intervals when they feel that the change in the exchange rate makes it necessary. So that they don't have to adjust them daily, they build some buffer into the newly calculated fees.

Why doesn't the Thai embassies & consulates just accept payment in Thai baht instead of only the local currency? The local currency they charge is always inflated and in their favour to charge us just that extra bit more.

1 hour ago, bluuskii said:

use to get a 1 year multiple NON-O based on family from Qatar but now with the e-visa they only giving single entry valid for 3 months.

The Multi Non-O (from London) is the only visa I've used other than a SE Tourist visa. It went away June 2019, with the e-visa, came back after COVID, and now is no longer on the system. SE Tourist or SE non-O appears the only options remaining compared with the original plan. Hardly Ideal.  

Edited by UKresonant

57 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Well it's got me beat, either that or I can't see for looking.  Can you provide a link?

hi, sorry if i missed something. i am just wondering, when i renew my non-o marriage locally here in los will i be affected by a price hike? seems to me if they increase outside los they will also do it here.

if anyone discussed this, i missed it... 

Edited by Pouatchee

8 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

hi, sorry if i missed something. i am just wondering, when i renew my non-o marriage locally here in los will i be affected by a price hike? seems to me if they increase outside los they will also do it here.

if anyone discussed this, i missed it... 

This topic is regarding visas obtained from Embassy or Consulate outside of Thailand.