Why many Thai girls go with tomboys? Your opinion

My daughter-in-law, after two failed relationships with two guys, decided to start a new relationship with a tomboy.

What do you think is the reason why many Thai girls choose tomboy? Tired of men, afraid of getting pregnant or something else?

Interested to know your opinion about this phenomenon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

All of that sounds about right from a typical (modern) Thai young woman's perspective...

Plus (though I confess to NOT having any personal experience with this) there's a line of thinking that says a woman is more likely to best know how to please another woman in bed.

So, why don't choose a beautiful lesbian woman?

Do they believe that short hair really can make them think they are engaged to a feminine guy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The tomboys here tend to be more aggressive and assertive (man-like) than regular women or lesbians, giving them a more masculine aura for their partner. It's about much more than just their hair cut.

It's like decaffeinated coffee, it has the black aura, but it has no caffeine?

Or like lactose-free milk, you can drink it with cornflakes in the morning and it doesn't make you run to the toilet 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Cos most guys are total losers that a girl can definitely live or do without. And yes, I guess I'm speaking for myself, though I think there's life in the old crock yet. Toms are real tough, and provide a lot of stability I think. I've met girls who have a tom boyfriend. It seems quite natural. Makes a lot of sense in a place like Pattaya. Many girls will tell you how sympathetic ladyboys are too. Always lend a helping hand, a few quid or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Some Tom's will even take on the father figure roll, providing house, money, etc for a single mom.  I do agree with some other posts, they can be angry and edgy, give their Dee a looking over and watch the Tom's face :D 

• Like 1

I still get pangs of lust when i picture this lovely, innocent beauty i saw on the ferry to Koh Samui.  I sat a few rows back and could hardly stop glancing her way.  She was in a dress so I could only imagine how perfect that figure must be to match that angelic face.  She dressed like marry poppins or Dorothy from wizard of oz.  With a CFM  face.     She sat and moved so prim and proper.   She was with a Tom, dressed well who looked like  the pickpocket Oliver.  Maybe even had a hat on.  I was with a Thai lady and she explained this Tom, Dee thing to my naive mind.   Not sure how I could fit in the bedroom, if asked, but i would give it a go. 

• Confused 1

On 2/26/2024 at 6:15 AM, zhounan said:

So, why don't choose a beautiful lesbian woman?

Do they believe that short hair really can make them think they are engaged to a feminine guy?

It seems you're the type of male that they are avoiding.
Who cares what people do sexually, or any other way, if it doesn't directly affect you?

I think the OP answered his own question.

After a pattern of failed relationships, or a disasterous marriage, many Thai woman get friendly with a Tom, try to meet a farang or want to travel overseas and (hopefully) start a new life.

• Agree 2

On 2/26/2024 at 8:54 AM, NativeBob said:

TBH, I've heard this "excuse" since last century: manifesting own inabilities to someone's faults.
The "secret" beyond this is simple: all good guys are engaged with good and decent girls, good, humble and sweet girls are taken too. What's left is (sorry) leftovers. Dumb office bimbos, mommy little boys, boys2girls and vicious toms. kinda natural selection.

I would believe all women would run from you and your attitude.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevemercer said:

I think the OP answered his own question.

After a pattern of failed relationships, or a disasterous marriage, many Thai woman get friendly with a Tom, try to meet a farang or want to travel overseas and (hopefully) start a new life.

Yes i met several divorced thai women who had sworn off thai men. 

• Agree 1

It was only when I mentioned years ago to my b/f that I thought so many Thai girls but particularly older women (such as his mother) look awful with their straggly long hair hanging down that I learned that short hair on a woman in Thailand is a sure sign of a tomboy.  I still got him to cut his mother's (then in her early 70s) long straggly & thin hair and give her a more Western matronly look. She looked so much better and she liked it, but it still got grown out and back to straggles ...

On 2/26/2024 at 10:17 AM, zhounan said:

My daughter-in-law, after two failed relationships with two guys, decided to start a new relationship with a tomboy.

What do you think is the reason why many Thai girls choose tomboy? Tired of men, afraid of getting pregnant or something else?

Interested to know your opinion about this phenomenon.

To my knowledge it's quite normal that young Thai girls have relationship with toms, as they are still "virgins" when they find a boyfriend or a fiance. Furthermore a tom-relationship might be less difficult than a boyfriend. And of course, they likely won't get pregnant with a tom.

• Agree 1