Why many Thai girls go with tomboys? Your opinion

On 2/26/2024 at 9:17 AM, zhounan said:

My daughter-in-law, after two failed relationships with two guys, decided to start a new relationship with a tomboy.

What do you think is the reason why many Thai girls choose tomboy? Tired of men, afraid of getting pregnant or something else?

why not just ask you daughter in law? instead of a bunch of middle aged to old foreign guys... 🤣

Edited by it is what it is

On 2/26/2024 at 8:17 PM, zhounan said:

What do you think is the reason why many Thai girls choose tomboy? Tired of men, afraid of getting pregnant or something else?

Maybe the men don't go south ?

I think they get asked out and it moves on from there Thai style. The Dee's rarely seem into it or emotionally engaged. Always just looks like .. a date.

The thing I've noticed over the years is how aggressively the Tom's physically manage the women it's obvious they are manipulative, lack confidence. If a man, especially foreign did something like that eyes would roll. I see this behavior a great deal on MRT. Anyone else notice?

There are still a lot of all boys, all girls schools in Thailand although there are no public schools that are built these days because the government has realized how dysfunctional it makes the children. There's already quite a separation of between sexes in younger years here. Students are a great disadvantage not mixing with the other gender.

The Dee's just into it for the companionship, attention. Paid dates?

I think this whole homosexual relationship thing is just fashionable. After young people grow and mature they fall out of that nonsense. If it's not a lifestyle you're living then it's just fashionable. Trendy.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, mfd101 said:

It was only when I mentioned years ago to my b/f that I thought so many Thai girls but particularly older women (such as his mother) look awful with their straggly long hair hanging down that I learned that short hair on a woman in Thailand is a sure sign of a tomboy.  I still got him to cut his mother's (then in her early 70s) long straggly & thin hair and give her a more Western matronly look. She looked so much better and she liked it, but it still got grown out and back to straggles ...

I don't know where you live bro but on the BTS MRT I see scores of milfy women. Lately, I've just been thinking how well many Thai women hold up I to late 40s even into 50s all things considered. My wife is 48 and not unattractive

Edited by Sluglord

There have been Thai movies made about this very subject.  Typically, it's the "Tom" who makes the first move.  They'll start out as friends and may (or may not) evolve into something more.  It's the "Dee" who decides whether they can proceed into something physical.  For the "Dee," it's mostly a deviant adventure and they'll eventually return to men. 

Interestingly, I've actually spoken to several farang/western women who have said that they too wanted to experiment with a lesbian when they were younger but didn't because of the western stigma/bigotry.  At least in Thailand, Thai society has more of a live and let live mentality.    

• Agree 1

On 2/26/2024 at 5:48 PM, zhounan said:

She said she's tired of men. Men like to flirt, men are not honest, men take no responsibility and things like these. 

I gather she is referring to her fellow country menfolk!!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I think every girl in the world enjoys Cunnilingus more than just being banged, I can't imagine Thai men being good lovers. 

I believe I've seen commentary from Thai woman suggesting that the common Thai man's approach is a quick "wham, bam, thank you Ma'am,"  whereas the ladies feel in dire need of more foreplay and warming up, so to speak, including oral.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 2/26/2024 at 10:17 PM, zhounan said:

My daughter-in-law, after two failed relationships with two guys, decided to start a new relationship with a tomboy.

Interested to know your opinion about this phenomenon.

Can't get pregnant with a tomboy and they probably do oral better than guys.

1 minute ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

How exactly is it better? I have a very good friend who's partner is a tomboy. They haven't had sex in 3 years - just cuddle and such. Sex is definitely not the motivation.

Guys are IMO usually useless when it comes to the cuddling, preferring to just do it.

IMO it may not have occurred to some of the guys on here that most men are useless at making love as opposed to sex. Women can actually survive quite nicely without a bit of the 5 minutes of grunting before going to sleep, and leaving them to lie on the wet patch.

1 hour ago, proton said:

Toms want to look and act like men but many appear to dislike real blokes intensely, sexual abuse in the past?

Agree 100%. There is some hatred, negative vibe toward men. I don't want to "go Freud" on the subject, but I noticed that it is quite general attitude. Friend of mine somehow manages to "shmoink" tom and it was worst experience for him.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I can tell when a lady is a tom in thailand. They have a particular look and attitude that I pick up on right away.

Are you referring to a "dee". Tom's are pretty obvious as they try to look like males, to a certain extent. Dees would be more problematic, though all the ones I saw with Toms were DDG.

On 2/28/2024 at 2:19 PM, proton said:

Toms want to look and act like men but many appear to dislike real blokes intensely, sexual abuse in the past?

That's like saying gay men hate women.  I don't think that's the case at all.  But perhaps some Toms get tired of certain men hitting on them, with said men getting offended when they're rejected.  Yes, some men can be real jerks.