Phuket Motorbike Taxi Rider Allegedly Sexually Assaults German Tourist

webfact

At that time in the morning. Still walking alone.

The taxi driver certainly just thought of giving her the attention that she seemed to be unsuccessfully looking for.

This will now give him a bad impression of German girls...😊

But more seriously, this lady is ready to lose all that time to make a complaint, about an attempt, unwanted, in Thailand...

Perhaps she should simply have learnt from the event, and hopefully the taxi driver as well...

9 minutes ago, sambum said:

"neither of which you have demonstrated."  In your opinion!

And to repeat myself as you obviously didn't get it first, or indeed second time round, so I won't be doing it again - I did not say that Pattaya was responsible for 95% of the crime committed in Thailand, but you seem to be obsessed with trying to say that I did, in the same way that you claim that I was disparaging Pattaya.

My comment re the motor bike taxi driver was meant to be humorous, and obviously at least 3 people thought that it was (going by the emoticons) and nobody except you took offence. And going by the lack of interest shown in your diatribes, it would appear that comparing me to "Donald Trump staffers" is neither true or appropriate to this thread - what did I say again? :- " ......it would "seem that" 95% of the crime in Thailand is committed in Pattaya" - I didn't say that it was!"

So I think that "Fail" should apply to yourself in the misinterpretation of what people say - don't read between the lines too much - read what is written and comment on that by all means, and you might even get a 👍!!!

Keep dancing.

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

<snip>

In this particular case, the German woman should have taken a proper taxi not a motorcycle taxi. My guess is she is a cheap Charlie backpacker who would rather save 100 Baht by taking a motorcycle instead of a proper taxi, but this decision cost her some dignity. 

Better pay more and be safe than be stingy and regret it.

Plenty cases with taxis where driver goes to a quiet spot and rapes. The woman is contained in the vehicle.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

Back of the bike,he was driving it and yet able to do many things.she jumped off the bike .Just a few questions to be cleared up on what she said

Perhaps he actually stopped momentarily at a red light ? Almost feasible ?😁

• Agree 2

Highlandman

I deelply argue with your assumption because Moroccan -British and Israel criminals in a foreign country do not belong of Thai origins.

You reffered (4) crimes and I pay attention that one crime commited from Thai origin (before years on a deserted beach) and another three recently crimes from foreigners and much more foreigners crime that are not declared or published from Thai Authorities.

I am not Thai citizen but a southern European citizen and my point is that isolated incidents of violences and crimes do not reflect the excellent picture of Thais.

Edited by Paris333

On 2/27/2024 at 6:07 AM, 4MyEgo said:
On 2/27/2024 at 3:11 AM, webfact said:

According to the tourist, along the way the taxi rider asked the German tourist’s name before suddenly kissing her cheek without warning.

Just wondering how he would do that if she was at the back of the bike ?

Perhaps by turning around and taking her by surprise if she was leaning towards him as they were talking when he was asking her name.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 2/27/2024 at 9:18 AM, kingstonkid said:

I do not condone sexual assault, BUT I have to ask what the hell a woman by herself is doing walking the streets of Phuket by herself at 1 in the morning.

Where was it reported that she was "walking the streets", an expression that has obvious derogatory connotations?  

12 hours ago, Highlandman said:

No, she shouldn't. Why are white people obsessed with walking late at night? Ever heard of a car? I own two and I drive everywhere. It wouldn't occur to me to walk around at night when I can drive. Only losers walk around at night. 

Or people that have been out drinking, or do you prefer them driving as well?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:
12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you read the full OP you'd know.

Not really.  The article doesn't state if she paid the taxi fare or if she didn't pay.  You should go back and re-read the full text of the article.

You should go back and re-read the full text of the article.  It does state that she escaped off the bike, injuring herself, and the rider turned to come back to her but when he saw that she had assistance he bugggered off.   You really think that it likely that she volunteered the fare or that the rider asked for it?!   

Where did it say that it was a stock photo?

This site is famous for using stock photos for pics

Where was it reported that she was "walking the streets", an expression that has obvious derogatory connotations?  

unless this lady was running in the streets or knew levitation and could fly along the streets, she had to walk.

It is only you that took it to a different meaning.  

Also, it is not a lady that is walking the streets 

it is a street walker that has the connotation of a lady of the evening

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

You forget Koh Tao?

Not at all - that's another place I wouldn't want to return to! I think that what happened there was inhuman, and the way that it was dealt with was despicable - from "No Thai could have done this" to the incarceration of the 2 Burmese boys.

43 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did it say that it was a stock photo?

This site is famous for using stock photos for pics

It does happen, yes, but every time there is a notation that it is a stock photo.  There is no indication that the photo in the OP is a stock photo.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You should go back and re-read the full text of the article.  It does state that she escaped off the bike, injuring herself, and the rider turned to come back to her but when he saw that she had assistance he bugggered off.   You really think that it likely that she volunteered the fare or that the rider asked for it?!   

Actually it states that she jumped  off  the bike. slightly  injured herself and he stopped  and  walked back to her.  😁

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mancub said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Actually it states that she jumped  off  the bike. slightly  injured herself and he stopped  and  walked back to her.

That's what I said, if not in those exact words.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Probably not.  Just wondering if he had the balls to ask after all that.  It's inconclusive in the article which just leads to speculation.

On 2/27/2024 at 6:07 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Just wondering how he would do that if she was at the back of the bike ?

Thai women sometimes sit side-saddle! 

Edited by jacko45k

On 2/27/2024 at 3:00 PM, Cabradelmar said:

Not at all surprised. In addition to Thai men being emotionally reactive, they also lack self control. 

With the emotion intelligence of a 5 year old thats all they can manage. Lucky he didn't stab her when rejected or maybe he was just intimidated by the 'Good Samaritan' who turned up? (Didn't say if it was a Farang or a Thai?).

• Agree 1