Jump to content

Phuket Motorbike Taxi Rider Allegedly Sexually Assaults German Tourist


webfact

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Nothing ever good happens in the wee hours of morning....

Midnight vs 4am? Proof reading required 

 

as to the victim’s blame game, because we live in a male  dominated world, women need to take extra precautions around time, where, alcohol consumption, group travel, attire etc…

 

it is the reality of our world of Neanderthals that dominate the landscape at every corner from boardrooms to dating apps to religious gatherings to public transportation to isolated nature spots to fraternity geeks masquerading as college students 

 

 

 

Edited by cardinalblue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NemoH said:

hahahaha... 0.45am is still wee hours for me.

Like I say - every city is safe if you go to bed by 9pm...  

But not everybody is a sad old git that gets tucked up in bed by 9pm, are they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sambum said:

No it didn't... if you care to scroll back to the post itself, "at 4.26 a.m" was part of the OP by Webfact, and Flying Tiger was merely commenting that" Nothing ever good happens in the wee hours of morning...." He didn't mention any specific time!

He was eluding to the later time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Midnight vs 4am? Proof reading required 

 

as to the victim’s blame game, because we live in a male  dominated world, women need to take extra precautions around time, where, alcohol consumption, group travel, attire etc…

 

it is the reality of our world of Neanderthals that dominate the landscape at every corner from boardrooms to dating apps to religious gatherings to public transportation to isolated nature spots to fraternity geeks masquerading as college students 

 

 

 

This has very little to do with male-dominated worlds.  The sad thing about Ilfe is that even if he had been a male, while, it would probably not have been sexual, there is the likelihood that he would have had an issue of some sort.

 

We read online all the time about this guy that had a fight with a ladyboy or the guy that got ripped by a hooker.

 

The challenge to the whole thing is that walking around alone at 1 am is not the safest thing to do no matter what country you are in.  Especially for a lady.

 

A fedw important things that were left out.  

 

Was she inebriated?  The insinuation by the time and fact that she was walking alone is yes but we do not know.

 

Did the guy try to kiss her while driving or molest her while driving?  Not the easiest thing to do.

 

Most of all, the thought was why was she walking around Old Phuket town at that hour? Surely all the shops were long closed.

 

Anyway I am not saying she was totally at fault but I have a feeling that male or female walking around at 1 am alone is only inviting issues be you male or female or LGTBQ

 

 

  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Thonburi-tales said:

Its possible considering shes a lonely 37 y/ old wandering around after midnight.

So, do you mean that she should not be able to walk alone at that time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, it is what it is said:

 

because such an incident would never happen in your own perfect country, where, may i ask, is this wonderful place?

Thailand. And next to India and the middle east, the level of disrespect for women, and sexual assaults on females of all ages, is off the charts. Pay attention and open your eyes. You will see. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

This has very little to do with male-dominated worlds.  The sad thing about Ilfe is that even if he had been a male, while, it would probably not have been sexual, there is the likelihood that he would have had an issue of some sort.

 

We read online all the time about this guy that had a fight with a ladyboy or the guy that got ripped by a hooker.

 

The challenge to the whole thing is that walking around alone at 1 am is not the safest thing to do no matter what country you are in.  Especially for a lady.

 

A fedw important things that were left out.  

 

Was she inebriated?  The insinuation by the time and fact that she was walking alone is yes but we do not know.

 

Did the guy try to kiss her while driving or molest her while driving?  Not the easiest thing to do.

 

Most of all, the thought was why was she walking around Old Phuket town at that hour? Surely all the shops were long closed.

 

Anyway I am not saying she was totally at fault but I have a feeling that male or female walking around at 1 am alone is only inviting issues be you male or female or LGTBQ

 

 

You are speculating…I was laying out the facts based on the evidence 

 

a crime of opportunity by one particular sex  due to their physicality over the other…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sambum said:

Makes a change for something of this nature to not happen in Pattaya? Maybe the motor bike taxi driver just moved to Phuket?

     Must have really fried your bacon to read about this crime incident that happened in Phuket.   You, with your stated 'impression', posted on several threads you started, that 95% of the crime in Thailand happens in Pattaya.   Since that is your warped, misinformed thinking, then I suppose the only way you can reconcile this crime happening in Phuket is by more warped thinking that maybe the 'motor bike taxi driver just moved to Phuket' from Pattaya.  Pathetic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The common characteristics among people of different continents. People from Asia continent adore western women and people from Western societies are curious about Asia or African women and finally African comuunity both people males -females adore to have relationships with "white" men or women.

Anyway Thailand is a safe destination for millions tourist who feel comfortable and safe in this beautiful Kingdom of Thailand and some parts of the country are very safe, while others are highly dangerous mainly in drug "red zone" districts.

😎Thailand is currently ranked #9 safest country for solo female travellers 😎

Source:

https://travelladies.app/safety/thailand

Furhermore  in Austria -Vienna in one day on Friday 23-02-2024 five women in total including a 13 year old girl were murdered and they called it "Black Friday with five dead women". 

Unfortunately is prohibited by moderators because of forum members complains to paste links but you can find it in Focus.de and also in Bild.de sites.

Did you hear anyone to complain that Vienna is unsafe destination and worst "cases" you can read daily in Munich or Hamburg -Nuremberg. (I have the links if anyone wants details to send him/her).

 

Edited by Paris333
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He was eluding to the later time.

 

Ahem! It's not "eluding" it's "alluding" (

e·lude evade or escape from (a danger, enemy, or pursuer), typically in a skillful or cunning way. "he managed to elude his pursuers by escaping into an alley"

And how do you know what someone else is "alluding to" anyway? Bit of a mind reader?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newnative said:

     Must have really fried your bacon to read about this crime incident that happened in Phuket.   You, with your stated 'impression', posted on several threads you started, that 95% of the crime in Thailand happens in Pattaya.   Since that is your warped, misinformed thinking, then I suppose the only way you can reconcile this crime happening in Phuket is by more warped thinking that maybe the 'motor bike taxi driver just moved to Phuket' from Pattaya.  Pathetic.

 

You don't do irony or humour, do you?

 

And from memory, I think I said that due to the daily postings on AN, it would"seem that"  95% of the crime in Thailand is committed in Pattaya - I didn't say that it was! 

Edited by sambum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, kwilco said:

Amazing in this day and age that some silly old men still think its rational to indulge in victim blame. 

you mean like when the ex  coup leader Prayut mentioned about foreigners  dressing in bikinis a few  years  ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

You are speculating…I was laying out the facts based on the evidence 

 

a crime of opportunity by one particular sex  due to their physicality over the other…

Our comments are sexist and justification based they are not based on any factual evidence from this case.

 

Mine are built on facts.

 

I have walked the streets of big cities late at night and can assure you that at that hour there are not that many truly safe places.

 

It has nothing to do with it being a male-dominated world.  

 

It is not the smartest thing for anyone, male, female, or LGTBQ, to be walking around late after the bar closes or at midnight when everything else is closed.

 

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, impulse said:

 

In a perfect world, I'd be safe walking down the street with $100 bills hanging out of my pockets, at any hour day or night.  In that world, I could leave my car running to keep the A/C cold while I'm inside a restaurant eating, and I could sleep with both my front and back doors wide open for that nice cross breeze.

 

But in the real world, those would be invitations to victimize me.  Same with a lone woman (especially a tourist) walking on the streets after midnight. 

 

Sucks, I know.  But that's the world I live in, where the wee hours are for sleeping.

 

I'm also curious whether she had traveling companions who also failed her...

 

QED!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Our comments are sexist and justification based they are not based on any factual evidence from this case.

 

Mine are built on facts.

 

I have walked the streets of big cities late at night and can assure you that at that hour there are not that many truly safe places.

 

It has nothing to do with it being a male-dominated world.  

 

It is not the smartest thing for anyone, male, female, or LGTBQ, to be walking around late after the bar closes or at midnight when everything else is closed.

 

 

 

So where are yor "facts"?

A good way of identifying someone who doesn't know what they are talking about is that they often end their statement with the phrase "...and that's a fac"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Paris333 said:

The common characteristics among people of different continents. People from Asia continent adore western women and people from Western societies are curious about Asia or African women and finally African comuunity both people males -females adore to have relationships with "white" men or women.

Anyway Thailand is a safe destination for millions tourist who feel comfortable and safe in this beautiful Kingdom of Thailand and some parts of the country are very safe, while others are highly dangerous mainly in drug "red zone" districts.

😎Thailand is currently ranked #9 safest country for solo female travellers 😎

Source:

https://travelladies.app/safety/thailand

Furhermore  in Austria -Vienna in one day on Friday 23-02-2024 five women in total including a 13 year old girl were murdered and they called it "Black Friday with five dead women". 

Unfortunately is prohibited by moderators because of forum members complains to paste links but you can find it in Focus.de and also in Bild.de sites.

Did you hear anyone to complain that Vienna is unsafe destination and worst "cases" you can read daily in Munich or Hamburg -Nuremberg. (I have the links if anyone wants details to send him/her).

 

The racist's perspective?

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, sambum said:

 

You don't do irony or humour, do you?

 

And from memory, I think I said that due to the daily postings on AN, it would"seem that"  95% of the crime in Thailand is committed in Pattaya - I didn't say that it was! 

     Love irony and humor--neither of which you have demonstrated.   Doubt many found any humor or irony in your crime in Pattaya part 1 and part 2 threads.  You do seem obsessed with disparaging Pattaya, for whatever reason, even when a news story isn't even about Pattaya--as your post that I referenced for this Phuket thread shows--you couldn't wait to make it about Pattaya, and, of course, not in a positive way.   Your final sentence above reminds me of those poor, long-suffering, grossly overworked Donald Trump staffers trying to come up with some explanation for yet another of his ridiculous, asinine pronouncements.  Fail.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2024 at 9:05 AM, it is what it is said:

 

In addition to Thai men being emotionally reactive, they also lack self control.

 

because such an incident would never happen in your own perfect country, where, may i ask, is this wonderful place?

 

Well thanks to all the unwanted "refugees" and "immigrants" in our countries, rapes and assaults have gone through the roof.

 

While Thailand is better than Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Sudan etc for single women travelers, and Thai men aren't as bad as men from the aforementioned countries, a sub-section of Thai working class males are perverts and can't be trusted to be alone with a woman that isn't a family member. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Paris333 said:

The common characteristics among people of different continents. People from Asia continent adore western women and people from Western societies are curious about Asia or African women and finally African comuunity both people males -females adore to have relationships with "white" men or women.

Anyway Thailand is a safe destination for millions tourist who feel comfortable and safe in this beautiful Kingdom of Thailand and some parts of the country are very safe, while others are highly dangerous mainly in drug "red zone" districts.

😎Thailand is currently ranked #9 safest country for solo female travellers 😎

Source:

https://travelladies.app/safety/thailand

Furhermore  in Austria -Vienna in one day on Friday 23-02-2024 five women in total including a 13 year old girl were murdered and they called it "Black Friday with five dead women". 

Unfortunately is prohibited by moderators because of forum members complains to paste links but you can find it in Focus.de and also in Bild.de sites.

Did you hear anyone to complain that Vienna is unsafe destination and worst "cases" you can read daily in Munich or Hamburg -Nuremberg. (I have the links if anyone wants details to send him/her).

 

 

Thailand is relatively safe for solo female travelers, but I seriously doubt the number 9 safest country ranking for several reasons.

 

Firstly, we have to distinguish between busy urban areas such as Bangkok and Chiang Mai, which are indeed quite safe for your average female local or traveler as these cities are always so busy, it would be difficult for anyone to get away with committing a crime against a female traveler. 

 

Most busy tourist precincts are generally safe as well, such as Bangla road in Phuket. 

 

However, murders of tourists and expats are sadly not uncommon on Koh Phangan and Koh Tao and often the murderers are fellow foreigners. Just the other day, a Moroccan killed an Austrian on Koh Phangan while a few weeks back, an Israeli attempted to kill an Englishman by glassing his neck with a broken bottle. The Israeli bribed the police and escaped to Singapore, while the Brit was hassled by the local police just to do their job. 

 

During Covid, a Thai man raped and murdered a Swiss woman about 25 years older than him at a Phuket waterfall. 

 

There are many more such incidents as well.

 

Overall, single female travelers shouldn't be out alone late at night in Thailand as its not as safe as many make it out to be. The same precautions as you would take back home, should apply to Thailand as well. Walk only in well lit areas with lots of people around and for God's sake, drive, take public transportation or a taxi if your destination is more than 500m away. It's what locals do. We should follow their lead. Walking everywhere is a stupid idea, particularly after dark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, do you mean that she should not be able to walk alone at that time?

 

No, she shouldn't. Why are white people obsessed with walking late at night? Ever heard of a car? I own two and I drive everywhere. It wouldn't occur to me to walk around at night when I can drive. Only losers walk around at night. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2024 at 9:18 AM, kingstonkid said:

Why do people think just because they are in a different country, they can do things they would not do at home?

 

I do not condone sexual assault, BUT I have to ask what the hell a woman by herself is doing walking the streets of Phuket by herself at 1 in the morning.

 

Also, what condition was she in?

 

If this was a guy getting mugged we would simply say he should not be wandering around drunk at that hour by himself.

 

I totally agree. 

 

Westerners often lose all their common sense when they travel to countries such as Thailand. Then they end up in trouble and wonder why.

 

I have no sympathy for idiots who put themselves in danger by doing things they wouldn't do back home.

 

I DO have sympathy for innocent victims of crime, who, despite trying their best to take precautions still end up as victims.

 

In this particular case, the German woman should have taken a proper taxi not a motorcycle taxi. My guess is she is a cheap Charlie backpacker who would rather save 100 Baht by taking a motorcycle instead of a proper taxi, but this decision cost her some dignity. 

 

Better pay more and be safe than be stingy and regret it.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newnative said:

     Love irony and humor--neither of which you have demonstrated.   Doubt many found any humor or irony in your crime in Pattaya part 1 and part 2 threads.  You do seem obsessed with disparaging Pattaya, for whatever reason, even when a news story isn't even about Pattaya--as your post that I referenced for this Phuket thread shows--you couldn't wait to make it about Pattaya, and, of course, not in a positive way.   Your final sentence above reminds me of those poor, long-suffering, grossly overworked Donald Trump staffers trying to come up with some explanation for yet another of his ridiculous, asinine pronouncements.  Fail.

 

 

"neither of which you have demonstrated."  In your opinion!

 

And to repeat myself as you obviously didn't get it first, or indeed second time round, so I won't be doing it again - I did not say that Pattaya was responsible for 95% of the crime committed in Thailand, but you seem to be obsessed with trying to say that I did, in the same way that you claim that I was disparaging Pattaya.

My comment re the motor bike taxi driver was meant to be humorous, and obviously at least 3 people thought that it was (going by the emoticons) and nobody except you took offence. And going by the lack of interest shown in your diatribes, it would appear that comparing me to "Donald Trump staffers" is neither true or appropriate to this thread - what did I say again? :- " ......it would "seem that" 95% of the crime in Thailand is committed in Pattaya" - I didn't say that it was!"

 

So I think that "Fail" should apply to yourself in the misinterpretation of what people say - don't read between the lines too much - read what is written and comment on that by all means, and you might even get a 👍!!!

 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...