Domestic violence

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I agree with you, not too long ago a very ugly wee woman rode up the wrong side of the road on her motorbike and forced me while riding my pedal bike on to face oncoming traffic, I shouted at her and she came after me with a big stick, I dismounted and faced her, she then attacked me with the stick and I easily disarmed her.

There could be a time when you may have to use violence on a woman if it was to save yourself from serious injury. I mean what if that woman had been taller and fitter?

If you look back, you initiated the confrontation by shouting, which is bad manners for Thais. Combined with almost never admitting they are wrong.

Be that as it may, I am not saying you can't restrain a woman, e.g. by holding her by the wrists. Not that I have ever been put to the test.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you look back, you initiated the confrontation by shouting, which is bad manners for Thais. Combined with almost never admitting they are wrong.

Be that as it may, I am not saying you can't restrain a woman, e.g. by holding her by the wrists. Not that I have ever been put to the test.

It is a natural reaction to shout when some halfwit puts you in immediate danger no matter what country you are in, or what is bad manners or not.

18 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

It is a natural reaction to shout when some halfwit puts you in immediate danger no matter what country you are in, or what is bad manners or not.

Agreed, but where did it get you?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

1  why does it  have to get him anywhere

2  she  initiated it by driving on the wrong side

I don't believe in wasted effort, although I do sometimes respond to posters when I should know better.

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

DV and Child abuse I bet are rampant here.  Mostly unreported for various reasons.

They are reported but the RTP are very slow if at all, to respond, the victims have to go to support groups who help them get the cops to act accordingly.

There are a thousand reasons to hit your wife, but only one...You Just Don't!

I have a really sad situation at work with one of my employees right now. Came to work horribly black and blue. Not the first time, and she still goes back to him....because he's 'sorry'

I told my Boss, and she took her to Urgent Care, where even though she didn't want to press charges, the abuse was documented and recorded

Domestic violence isn't restricted to any culture it's mainly some Neanderthal male thing which maybe lurks in all of us!

But at least in the West it's accepted as wrong, and if, unlike my co-worker, the woman accepts the fact, the law will intervene.

In Thailand not so much, I don't think Thai police would even dream of intervening

Edited by GinBoy2

15 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

In Thailand not so much, I don't think Thai police would even dream of intervening

The Thai police are quite happy to stand by while she packs her stuff, drive her to the bus station and even pay for her ticket.

But they'll only do it once!

• Agree 1

As already said, Domestic violence is one of the mainstays of Thai TV - and only the most serious events make it to TV.

I was subjected to Domestic violence by my ex-wife in the UK, mainly verbal. I put up with it because she also subjected my daughter to it and to a lesser degree my son. No way was i going to leave them alone with their mother to raise them alone. She Tried to stab me once and also grabbed the steering wheel of the car and tried to crash the car once (while the kids were in the back). Eventually while listening to yet another verbal assault about my relatives, i finally slapped her. Fight ensued, it was a draw. But she realised i was not going to be her punch bag any more.

A few years later, once my son left home for University, I left and came to Thailand.

• Love It 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, rickudon said:

As already said, Domestic violence is one of the mainstays of Thai TV - and only the most serious events make it to TV.

I was subjected to Domestic violence by my ex-wife in the UK, mainly verbal. I put up with it because she also subjected my daughter to it and to a lesser degree my son. No way was i going to leave them alone with their mother to raise them alone. She Tried to stab me once and also grabbed the steering wheel of the car and tried to crash the car once (while the kids were in the back). Eventually while listening to yet another verbal assault about my relatives, i finally slapped her. Fight ensued, it was a draw. But she realised i was not going to be her punch bag any more.

A few years later, once my son left home for University, I left and came to Thailand.

Absolutely DV is all genders not just a man being the offender 

I even seen it in Thailand same sex violence among farang guys and their Thai boyfriends ,farang guys and ladyboys 

Edited by georgegeorgia

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Absolutely DV is all genders not just a man being the offender 

I even seen it in Thailand same sex violence among farang guys and their Thai boyfriends ,farang guys and ladyboys 

I think male on male and male to female abuse tends to be physical

Female to male abuse is very verbal and mind games, not so much physical but abuse all the same

On 2/28/2024 at 2:24 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Nowadays...I don't agree 

Girls can just be as bad as men especially when intoxicated and I have sent them innocent assault men eg security guards at hotels etc 

Why don't you stick to domestic cleaning?

• Thumbs Up 1