Domestic violence

I never see or hear this much in South East Asia

I was shocked this week to see a serving police officer in Australia murder  shooting his ex gay partner and his Bfriend  whilst on duty last Monday during his shift then went back to work 

I was shocked to see a lot of news taking about big domestic violence in western countries and police receiving call outs every day 

What makes someone take revenge on their ex partner?

Jealousy? Rejection ?

I never forget back in 1978 in Australia seeing a man  next door neighbour shoot dead his wife in front of me sad to see in front of his children 

Was you brought up.in a domestic violence house , this was very big in the 70's & 80's I know 

The 1970's police did not take DV 😒 seriously 

Does domestic violence exist in Thailand?

Are police involved in Thailand to do something? Are there program and services to be available

Is this common it's sad 

And hopefully times change 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

We all must change this , it's very sad 

Of course now all genders are involved in domestic violence not just men 

Not my fault, I won't be doing anything and neither will you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I never see or hear this much in South East Asia

I was shocked this week to see a serving police officer in Australia murder  shooting his ex gay partner and his Bfriend  whilst on duty last Monday during his shift then went back to work 

I was shocked to see a lot of news taking about big domestic violence in western countries and police receiving call outs every day 

What makes someone take revenge on their ex partner?

Jealousy? Rejection ?

I never forget back in 1978 in Australia seeing a man  next door neighbour shoot dead his wife in front of me sad to see in front of his children 

Was you brought up.in a domestic violence house , this was very big in the 70's & 80's I know 

The 1970's police did not take DV 😒 seriously 

Does domestic violence exist in Thailand?

Are police involved in Thailand to do something? Are there program and services to be available

Is this common it's sad 

And hopefully times change 

Take a look at Ch32 and Ch34 on Thai TV, starts at 6am.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

And this is the attitude of those back in the 1970's .shocking 

so what do you suggest we do. Protest? Become vigilantes? Farang action groups?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

And this is the attitude of those back in the 1970's .shocking 

What are you going to do about it? Nothing like you did the last 40 years. The cop went mad and shot 2 people. Nothing to do with Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Domestic violence, Its a mental health issue. 

You need to find a cure for this to change. 

Violence is due to stupidity and there's no cure for stupid.

36 minutes ago, Dolf said:

What are you going to do about it? Nothing like you did the last 40 years. The cop went mad and shot 2 people. Nothing to do with Thailand.

Domestic violence won't stop until all homes have at least one stable parent that teaches the value of life. Two of course are better, and having the other parent around to teach helps immeasurably. Children learn a lot from their peers, especially if the parents are absent or not involved. In this culture, and most Asian cultures, men dominate, looking at women as secondary. This posture leads to demeaning behavior and sometimes violence. Women looked at as equals by their men leaves less room for this demeaning behavior, and more communication. Every person that treats a woman good rubs off. Children see it in homes, and others see it in public, at least part of the time. People gossip, especially here, and that talk can be better if the men would do a better job treating the women equally. This has gone on for generations and won't change for a long time. These asinine lakorns make some men look like heroes and some as demons. It actually matches real life in many ways, with the exception of less heroes and more demons. Anyone can speak out against domestic violence. Not doing anything makes it easier to happen. Women should never take a beating. It only leads to more.  The same with men, as some are abused by women. Kids see mom , or dad, get hit, and they think it's normal, and they'll follow in their own relationships.

• Agree 1

This is the kind of thing that juvenile personalities, with very small minds engage. In a developed mind when a relationship is not working out do what you can to improve things, and if you cannot fix it you simply move on.

That's how real men behave. With dignity and care for others. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I was taught striking a woman is the act of a moral coward.

I have never hit a woman, never will.

Nowadays...I don't agree 

Girls can just be as bad as men especially when intoxicated and I have sent them innocent assault men eg security guards at hotels etc 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JackGats said:

Striking a man is ok though.

Laccesitt with respect to him is in the old school when times were different

Nowadays girls are not ladies anymore

And I watched a night club security person being slapped by a drunk female and couldn't do anything as other patrons were telling him not to hit women so she kept slapping his face 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Laccesitt with respect to him is in the old school when times were different

Nowadays girls are not ladies anymore

And I watched a night club security person being slapped by a drunk female and couldn't do anything as other patrons were telling him not to hit women so she kept slapping his face 

Your posts seem to be a little in uneducated side to be honest. Starting with you never see domestic violence in SE Asia which is truly a laughable observation. 

Security in the west is trained not to use physical violence. The other day I walked with my Thai wife here in Canada. Some mental case started following us and hurling obscenities. A rather young security guy saw this and instead of jumping him he simply said come talk to me. The druggie continued "talking to him" while the young security guy just stood there taking the abuse with his hand in the pocket. 

I thought it was a rather noble way of handling the situation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Your posts seem to be a little in uneducated side to be honest. Starting with you never see domestic violence in SE Asia which is truly a laughable observation. 

Security in the west is trained not to use physical violence. The other day I walked with my Thai wife here in Canada. Some mental case started following us and hurling obscenities. A rather young security guy saw this and instead of jumping him he simply said come talk to me. The druggie continued "talking to him" while the young security guy just stood there taking the abuse with his hand in the pocket. 

I thought it was a rather noble way of handling the situation.

Nothing to do with the situation I'm talking about.

But as that incident seems to have disturbed you enough to remember it.

And the psychology behind that is you are not used to it , if you are abused by  street drug addicts/ mental illness  every few days as I am it becomes the "norm" , 

I encourage you to walk in the late hours around that area rather than use "avoidance" but you won't 

Of  course you will blame that Canadian city when in reality you could walk in Sydney Australia and get the same thing in the early hours

You will continue to have that PTSD with that incident,there is no evidence he was of any harm to you ,just shouting abuse , it's you wernt used to that situation , you must get used to it and continue to walk to confront your fears !!!.

You thought it was noble because he saved your ass , what if he didn't get involved, you need to "man up " and handle situations like this yourself 

if you can't fight then keep walking , it shows your weakness in confronting these situations, learn Krav Maga or boxing !!  

Edited by georgegeorgia

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

And the psychology behind that is you are not used to it , if you are abused by  street drug addicts/ mental illness  every few days as I am it becomes the "norm" , 

I encourage you to walk in the late hours around that area rather than use "avoidance" but you won't 

Of  course you will blame that Canadian city when in reality you could walk in Sydney Australia and get the same thing in the early hours

You will continue to have that PTSD with that incident,there is no evidence he was of any harm to you ,just shouting abuse , it's you wernt used to that situation , you must get used to it and continue to walk to confront your fears !!!.

if you can't fight then keep walking , it shows your weakness in confronting these situations, learn Krav Maga or boxing !!  

even dumber post

8 minutes ago, Celsius said:

even dumber post

You sound like a weak man.

A guy with mental illness abuses you in the street 

A guy wearing a security uniform for some unknown reason gets involved and says to the guy with mental illness ,"buddy come talk to me " 

And his hands in his pockets as he is talking to him.

So in other words if this guy wearing a security uniform didn't get involved you would of Shat yourself not knowing how to deal with a guy following you shouting abuse !

Meanwhile you Scared Sammy notice this and think what a good security guard to do this 

Had it been me walking behind you I would of gone around you whilst the guy was abusing you 

It proves you have no confidence in your ability as a man.

Learn from this ,your a liability!!!

Edited by georgegeorgia

14 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

"... you must get used to it and continue to walk to confront your fears !!!. "

Not your business to be telling others how to conduct their lives / manage their thoughts etc.

You do this repeatedly, your arrogance seems to be limitless in telling others how they should think about life / how they should think about various situations in life.

After I submit this message I will immediately block you forever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

You sound like a weak man.

A guy with mental illness abuses you in the street 

A guy wearing a security uniform for some unknown reason gets involved and says to the guy with mental illness ,"buddy come talk to me " 

And his hands in his pockets 

Meanwhile you Scared Sammy notice this and think what a good security guard 

It proves you have no confidence in your ability 

Yes. I should have jumped a homeless druggie  and beat his azz. Yep, I would have been a really tough guy.

Meanwhile on the streets of Thailand you probably walked with your head down and wai every time a car tried to run you over so you could buy yourself another day in sex paradise.

Edited by Celsius
  • Sad 1