Thai Embassy in New Zealand increases visa fee 600%

52 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It's either legal or it isn't. 

Tell that to the IO who is using his discretion to deny entry. Just before covid I was pulled aside and questioned for an hour because I had used METVs too often even though it was completely legal. He told me I should be using the "correct" long term visa. Luckily I was let in that time and because of covid it was more than 2 years before I went to Thailand again so my "too frequent" METV entries might have got reset.

Edited by Dexxter
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dexxter said:

Tell that to the IO who is using his discretion to deny entry. Just before covid I was pulled aside and questioned for an hour because I had used METVs too often even though it was completely legal. He told me I should be using the "correct" long term visa. Luckily I was let in that time and because of covid it was more than 2 years before I went to Thailand again so my "too frequent" METV entries might have got reset.

yeah, lucky

• 2 weeks later...

March 19 has come and will be gone in New Zealand in less than an hour.

Looking at the website of the Thai embassy in Wellington just now, I see the single-entry tourist visa still listed at NZD 300, which corresponds to roughly THB 6,500

I meant to upload a screenshot but can't do it from the phone. The URL is

https://wellington.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/17622-tourist-visa

but the content may of course change at any time.