If Thailand wants an economic boost

Dolf

16 minutes ago, Celsius said:

no it wouldn't. this would only help broke retired sexpats who can't afford to live here.

Thailand is doing perfectly fine managing tourist arrivals and lining up their own pockets. westerners are never going to be a big target for Thailand anymore due to cost of ticket and distance. Americans already have their own cheap destinations and hooker central like mexico and Latin America. Europeans have plenty of options in Europe with no visa worries and beautiful women from ex Russian states.

western in Thailand is a dying breed

The cost of a ticket seems cheap if you plan on staying 6 to 12 months.

5 hours ago, Dolf said:

The cost of a ticket seems cheap if you plan on staying 6 to 12 months.

Don't forget that while TAT may sound really stupid on surface with their hub of hubs weekly newsletters, they probably have a very good and knowledgeable staff working from them. They are really good at making profits from cheap products (tourists) just like CP ALL

• Haha 1

I think TAT only needs to consider opening up 30 days visa on arrival, for a fee, to almost all countries except those with known propensity for exporting criminals (i.e. Nigeria), and then, making two types of extensions available, 1 month for the normal fee, 3 months for a higher fee.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

I think TAT only needs to consider opening up 30 days visa on arrival, for a fee, to almost all countries except those with known propensity for exporting criminals (i.e. Nigeria), and then, making two types of extensions available, 1 month for the normal fee, 3 months for a higher fee.

Visa exempt is free. Adding fees will scare people away.

3 months or 6 months visa issued on arrival.

(With 6 months subject to showing proof of a basic level of financial means to stay in Thailand, eg: 50USD / day on account)..

Immigration to do a better job of filtering out and / or turning around criminals arriving on passenger flight lists.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Dolf said:

People talk about the Russians and how Thais like the extra money. What if Thailand had a 12 month visa no age restrictions for $500 for all the western nations. The country would have a huge increase in people going there and staying.

There's no Y in Thai. 

• Confused 1

Thailand Authorities should decrease visa fees and do not abolish visa control online system because Thailand will be converted "kingdom" of illegals from Africa and Arab States drug dealers and traffickers.

If Royal Thai Police Officers and Immigration Bureau Authorities personnel both have tablets connected per to peer with their Central Agensy to check on line tourists or illegals and everyone on streets there is no problem.

If I declare online to Authorites that I am going to stay longer 3-4 months its logical assumption that I should not pay any visa fees because the State (Kingdom of Thailand) will aquire their money from longest stay in the country.

If by any reason I depart sooner then I will have to pay visa fees to Immigration Authorities its very simple.

Αnyway Thai Authories it is criminal to abolish visa control online system to anyone without any excemption!

The motto will be we serve and protect our citizens and our visitors.

On 2/29/2024 at 4:41 AM, Dolf said:

People talk about the Russians and how Thais like the extra money. What if Thailand had a 12 month visa no age restrictions for $500 for all the western nations. The country would have a huge increase in people going there and staying.

Never going to happen without some provision for mandatory health insurance along with it. Thais are sick to the back teeth with foolish farangs that arrive without and end up being a burden for Thai hospitals.

As for your premise, it may be too late. 20 years ago absolutely, but Thailand just wasn't that good any more when I departed for the last time.

I'd still go back, but that's because of my history with the place.

TAT is only interested in Numbers of arrivals.  Arrivals are up       Visas for all                      revenue is down       cheap tourist but good numbers

There are many many retirees who are living poor in their home country;  who's income would be more than adequate to live in Thailand     ME for one          I seem to remember good expat numbers pre- covid

Cut the BS paperwork and there would be a monthly uninterrupted cash flow. 

My experience is that you cannot get into or leave a Thai private hospital without paying,  Don't know about Gov't places

On 2/28/2024 at 10:41 PM, Dolf said:

It already exists, called an Agent....