31 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Just a reminder, Soi 5 will be one way starting (possibly) March 1st, from Jomtien 2nd Rd down to Beach Rd. Then you will be forced right at junction with Beach Rd, as Beach Rd will be one way from Chaiyapreuk all the way to Dong Tan police box.

Enjoy.

Woops. My bad. Beach rd will be one way from Dong Tan to Chaiyapreuk. Doh!

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, bradiston said:

Just a reminder, Soi 5 will be one way starting (possibly) March 1st, from Jomtien 2nd Rd down to Beach Rd. Then you will be forced right at junction with Beach Rd, as Beach Rd will be one way from Chaiyapreuk all the way to Dong Tan police box.

Incorrect, you will be forced left not right at beach road. Most Thai's on bikes will of course ignore this.

• Thanks 1

There's a U-turn on Second Road just after Soi 7 so, if you're coming from the Thepprasit/Thappraya direction, just continue along Second Road past Rompho market then take the U-turn back to Soi 5.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

There's a U-turn on Second Road just after Soi 7 so, if you're coming from the Thepprasit/Thappraya direction, just continue along Second Road past Rompho market then take the U-turn back to Soi 5.

That was always the way in from 2nd Rd, so yes, no change there.

On 2/29/2024 at 6:01 AM, bradiston said:

Soi 5 will be one way starting (possibly) March 1st, from Jomtien 2nd Rd down to Beach Rd

Yep, it seems to have started today. I just drove from Soi Wat Bun north along Second Road and it was very busy around the Soi 5 area, which had warnings about it being a one-way road but I'm not 100% sure that it had been implemented yet. Judging by the traffic snarl-ups and the general confusion, my guess is that it was. Enjoy the next 5-10 years of this endless SNAFU, lol.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

... another reason to use an agent 😉

Once a year? 90 days online, re-entry at the airport.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Totally irrevelant.

Totally NOT irrelevant. The humour was lost on you then?

Did you not see the red wiggly line under one of your words when you typed your post?

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Confused 1

The Line Groups posting about police checkpoints say there's many police in that area to keep an eye on traffic and those going the "wrong way".

Edit; why is this in the Visa section? Seems Jomtien traffic is more of a Pattaya general topic, there's more in Jomtien than just the IO.

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1

I'm out of Thailand at the moment. 

Back in June for annual Jomtien extension.

Soi 5 IO sounds like so much fun over the last 9 months.

It used to be so easy, walk in walk out.

Calling my agent or extending stay.🙃🙃

40 minutes ago, bbko said:

The Line Groups posting about police checkpoints say there's many police in that area to keep an eye on traffic and those going the "wrong way".

Edit; why is this in the Visa section? Seems Jomtien traffic is more of a Pattaya general topic, there's more in Jomtien than just the IO.

Yes, my fault I'm afraid. I originally posted it as a reminder for the Jomtien IO. It would be better in another group maybe.

Enjoy.

Its started. Beach rd one way south to north. Soi 5 entry from 2nd rd and 7 also from beach rd.

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

It's started. Beach rd one way and Soi 5 and 7 also.

Unfortunately not that simple. Beach Rd going south one way tonight Dong Tan to Soi 7. Traffic going north on Beach Rd forced right up Soi 7.

On 3/1/2024 at 5:52 PM, Lucky Bones said:

I'm out of Thailand at the moment. 

Back in June for annual Jomtien extension.

Soi 5 IO sounds like so much fun over the last 9 months.

It used to be so easy, walk in walk out.

Calling my agent or extending stay.🙃🙃

I just did my 90 day report at Jomtien last week.  Done and out in 30 minutes.  Jomtien is getting huge crowds simply because there seem to be a record number of tourists, especially Russian.  Considering the mobs that descend on the place daily, I think they do a pretty good job.  Too many here do not educate themselves about exactly what is needed and then when whatever deficiency stops the process, it's Immigrations fault.

The new buildings constructed late last year have helped relieve the congestion at the front entry.  Have your papers prepared and bring a book and you'll probably be done sooner than you expect.

5 hours ago, dddave said:

I just did my 90 day report at Jomtien last week.  Done and out in 30 minutes.  Jomtien is getting huge crowds simply because there seem to be a record number of tourists, especially Russian.  Considering the mobs that descend on the place daily, I think they do a pretty good job.  Too many here do not educate themselves about exactly what is needed and then when whatever deficiency stops the process, it's Immigrations fault.

The new buildings constructed late last year have helped relieve the congestion at the front entry.  Have your papers prepared and bring a book and you'll probably be done sooner than you expect.

You can do 90 day online. Really couldn't be simpler. They even send out an email well in advance letting you know when it's due.

On 3/4/2024 at 1:51 AM, dddave said:

Yes. But sometimes it doesn't matter if you have all your papers etc and have good planning.

A I Officer with a bad attitude will always want to exert their self perceived authority.

Personally, I have had poor results with online so I make Jomtien part of my quarterly day out.🙃🙃

• Like 1

Enjoy.

If roads do in fact become one way, I will do what the Thais do and ride from Beach Rd to Immigration on soi 5 the wrong way. It's stupid to make that soi one way when there's plenty of room for a 2-way street.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

If roads do in fact become one way, I will do what the Thais do and ride from Beach Rd to Immigration on soi 5 the wrong way. It's stupid to make that soi one way when there's plenty of room for a 2-way street.

Why not? Everybody else does. All the way round for Cheap Charlie's too!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Is it too difficult for you? everyone else handles it ok

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is it too difficult for you? everyone else handles it ok

Yes, soi 5 is supposed to be a one-way street heading due to the beach. But without constant police presence many vehicles are ignoring the one-way rule - - which, given the high volume of people currently attending the Immigration Office, makes a visit there even more difficult. 

1 hour ago, Goethe said:

Yes, soi 5 is supposed to be a one-way street heading due to the beach. But without constant police presence many vehicles are ignoring the one-way rule - - which, given the high volume of people currently attending the Immigration Office, makes a visit there even more difficult. 

Seemed to be working find the 3 days I've been down there