Asked to change my writing style: (I have no writing style. So, Mission Impossible!)

I was in agreement with you until I saw your writing style then 100% agreed with your secret admirer who privately tried to help you.  You are one of those people who type like you speak by using keyboard characters or spaces to indicate pauses and/or emphasis.  It's similar to people who overuse the word "like", which in the vast majority of cases can be omitted if not being used for comparative purposes, but instead carries over from their poor speaking habit and manifests into a poor writing communication.  To a reader of basically decently written information your posts are painful to read.  

• Agree 2

On 3/1/2024 at 6:48 AM, ABCDBKK said:

GammaGlobulin, the party crasher supreme,

Uninvited, yet determined to gleam.

No RSVP for you, no golden invite,

But here you are, causing a fuss despite.

You sneak in like a ninja, undetected by all,

A stealthy intruder, having a ball.

No matter the efforts to show you the door,

You stick around, wanting more and more.

We scrub, we clean, we try to evict,

But you laugh in our faces, your presence, a trick.

With a wink and a nod, you refuse to depart,

A stubborn houseguest, with a mischievous heart.

GammaGlobulin, the unwelcome guest,

We shake our heads at your persistent zest.

Though unwanted, you're here to stay,

A comedic twist in life's absurd play.

To be fair, he generally starts his own topics, and you can ignore them if you prefer.

6 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

I was in agreement with you until I saw your writing style then 100% agreed with your secret admirer who privately tried to help you.  You are one of those people who type like you speak by using keyboard characters or spaces to indicate pauses and/or emphasis.  It's similar to people who overuse the word "like", which in the vast majority of cases can be omitted if not being used for comparative purposes, but instead carries over from their poor speaking habit and manifests into a poor writing communication.  To a reader of basically decently written information your posts are painful to read.  

I agree with your points about his childish way of writing and by employing excessive and unnecessary spacing and pauses, but what I think upsets most people about his posts more than anything is that much of it is drivel and mostly it's the fact that he's trolling people.

The majority of his posts are fictional calamities he's constructed in hopes of getting people to write long responses that come to his rescue. He seeks attention in the form of empathy and has no real intention of creating meaningful dialogue. He gets off on wasting people's time by having them construct long, detailed responses to another fake tragedy of his. Maybe it's his way of getting back at other foreigners in Thailand in general, the majority of whom he doesn't seem to like.

In the end though he's probably lonely and lacks social interaction and borders on having some sort psychological disorder. Perhaps in the future we will see him change his approach in a positive way from reading some of this feedback. I'm not holding my breath, but I've decided to stop chastising him and will remain hopeful and wish him the best. 

Edited by ABCDBKK
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

I agree with your points about his childish way of writing and by employing excessive and unnecessary spacing and pauses, but what I think upsets most people about his posts more than anything is that much of it is drivel and mostly it's the fact that he's trolling people.

The majority of his posts are fictional calamities he's constructed in hopes of getting people to write long responses that come to his rescue. He seeks attention in the form of empathy and has no real intention of creating meaningful dialogue. He gets off on wasting people's time by having them construct long, detailed responses to another fake tragedy of his. Maybe it's his way of getting back at other foreigners in Thailand in general, the majority of whom he doesn't seem to like.

In the end though he's probably lonely and lacks social interaction and borders on having some sort psychological disorder. Perhaps in the future we will see him change his approach in a positive way from reading some of this feedback. I'm not holding my breath, but I've decided to stop chastising him and will remain hopeful and wish him the best. 

I think it is interesting that other peoples' alleged inadequacies excite so much ire against them.
I am not aware of him attacking or belittling anyone, he only occasionally intrudes onto other threads, he posts interesting alternative music videos.

He posts the way that he posts. 
If you are not happy with that, you can ignore him - your happiness is not his problem 

That GG is even on this relatively small forum is suggestive of a healthy breadth of participation.  I usually don't read him but ... so what?  Let him be.

If you look at the Etymology of the word - probably from German dialect nit not + English wit

So whilst I strongly disagree with insulting anyone on the forum I do perceive that some posters do display a distinct lack of a sense of humour or "wit"

Edited by Negita43
typo

11 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Why?

Gatling Gob only spouts out garbage!

Thank God "it" has been quiet for a short while!

Actually, I now agree.  GG has crossed the line with the frequency and content of his moronic posts.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/29/2024 at 5:50 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Before my first appearance as OCH....

I was ....

Daphne du Maurier

"Rebecca" was masterful writing so thanks for that

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Hitch loved my book.

So did I.

The film was quite amazing.

Hitch never made a bad film.

IMO, "Rebecca" was ol' Hitch's best movie. 🎥

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

IMO, "Rebecca" was ol' Hitch's best movie. 🎥

Likely.

Perhaps, something to enjoy on a Sunday, while supping on a Sunday morning brunch, with a bit of champagne, even...

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

Wait, what? 

I just assumed GG was the/our forum member that is really Really high most of time (no judgement GG).

forum archetypes? - examples only

• Shirley -  know's medical stuff about first-aid, our concealed rashes and heart surgery.
  • Mike Lister - the Quant - knows how much money Thailand has, understands the finance sector's sophistry bs, and probably the value of pi to, I don't know, 5 places?
  • The Other Mods  - I don't see as much but they do appear to have "specialities".  Or they just type good words and prevent us from being visited by the brown bling sausage patrol.
  • The  Rat Pack (not rats, think Sinatra) - the people who actually do know stuff and post accordingly. Some, allegedly, have wood fired ovens that make delicious pizza and are probably rich.
  • The  Smart Asses (I salute thee, doing the Lord's work helping the stiffs)
  • The  Visa Boys  (peace UbonJoe) (background music always playing - Holiday Road - Lindsey Buckingham)
  • Team Innuendo  (background music always playing - Benny Hill theme song)
  • The  Easily Confused & Sad Squad  (background music always playing -  Enya - Sail Away)
  • The  Everything You Just Typed is Wrong and Now You Must Be Shamed Enforcers - you know who you all are  (background music always playing -  Darth Vader's entrance - John Williams) 
  • Forum Fringe Dwellers (who just need to be heard/loved sometimes.)

Disclaimer 1:  I have no idea where I'm going with this.. just stop typing you fool!

Disclaimer 2:  This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this post are either the product of the author's (this idiot's) imagination or used in a fictitious/foolish manner.

Edited by fondue zoo