Manchester United thread (2024)

RickG16

Premier League clubs to hold vote on SCRAPPING VAR from the start of next season... after Wolves put forward the proposal following fury at multiple decisions this term.

Former Manchester United stars Wayne Rooney, Roy Keane and Andy Cole were united in their desire to see Wolves' motion to scrap VAR next season succeed.

What do you guys think? 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Premier League clubs to hold vote on SCRAPPING VAR from the start of next season... after Wolves put forward the proposal following fury at multiple decisions this term.

Former Manchester United stars Wayne Rooney, Roy Keane and Andy Cole were united in their desire to see Wolves' motion to scrap VAR next season succeed.

What do you guys think? 

I can't see it being scrapped. All the rest of the top leagues world who have enough the finances are using it. Why would we want to be the only ones not using it? How do we go on in the CL for instance? We'd have to have it installed for European matches or we wouldn't be allowed in

VAR is not the problem , the problem is down to the humans looking at the screens.

If the rules were followed to the letter then I think 99% of the errors would be eradicated.

The problem appears to be , the main man in the VAR hot seat is a referee ,  and all referees have a different tolerance/leniency level and Interpret the rules differently.

What is hand ball and a penalty in one game is not given in another .

There is no consistency. That is the problem.

What I think is ruining our game :-

Week in week out we see wrestling matches in the penalty box at corners and free kicks and no penalties given , players not even looking at the ball , just trying to block the run of the attacker.

Shirts pulled , bear hugs etc.

and outside the box , fouls are given for minimal contact.

Not sure if ten Hag is the man for Manchester United who can turn things around and make the club good enough to compete for the top 4 spots in the premier league. I don't see him as the manager of the club at the start of next season. The 8th place finish shouldn't be good enough to keep him as the club's manager.

49 minutes ago, EmmaH said:

Not sure if ten Hag is the man for Manchester United who can turn things around and make the club good enough to compete for the top 4 spots in the premier league. I don't see him as the manager of the club at the start of next season. The 8th place finish shouldn't be good enough to keep him as the club's manager.

Although you might be right, but who do you see that can take over? right now Im not convinced with anyone

12 hours ago, EmmaH said:

He'll be sacked soon enough.

Latest United manager odds

As we head towards the end of a busy evening, MEN Sport has taken a look at the latest next manager odds at United according to Bet365.

Pochettino - Evens

Southgate - 11/2

De Zerbi - 13/2

Tuchel - 7/1

Frank - 10/1

Potter - 10/1

McKenna - 12/1

Pogba, Lingard, Martial and now Rashford, all with the same poor attitude, poor work ethic and ultimately not making the most of the ability they all had. As a fan it's sad to see them not fulfil their potential. I hope Rashford finds another team and does well for them, but he will, or should always regret, not playing well enough to make him the main man at United.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Latest United manager odds

As we head towards the end of a busy evening, MEN Sport has taken a look at the latest next manager odds at United according to Bet365.

Pochettino - Evens

Southgate - 11/2

De Zerbi - 13/2

Tuchel - 7/1

Frank - 10/1

Potter - 10/1

McKenna - 12/1

No mention of Big Sam?

21 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Pogba, Lingard, Martial and now Rashford, all with the same poor attitude, poor work ethic and ultimately not making the most of the ability they all had. As a fan it's sad to see them not fulfil their potential. I hope Rashford finds another team and does well for them, but he will, or should always regret, not playing well enough to make him the main man at United.

Indeed.

Overpaid and poor work ethic.

• Agree 1

Arsenal fans- Supporting Man City.

Chelsea fans- Supporting Man City.

Liverpool fans- Supporting Man City.

Newcastle fans- Supporting Man City.

Man City fans- Supporting Man City.

Barcelona fans- Supporting Man City.

Man United against the world today and I wouldn’t have it any other way

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, champers said:

Congrats - good to see all the trophies shared around again.

So who do you want as the next manager? My guess is it will be McKenna.

ETH is staying all media talk, all the polls say to keep ETH and by a large margin, I am ETH in

Edited by ChipButty
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

ETH is staying all media talk, all the polls say to keep ETH and by a large margin, I am ETH in

But what does Big Jim think?

BTW, his records at Nice FC and with the Ineos Grenadier cycling team (ex Sky) are not writ large with success.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, champers said:

But what does Big Jim think?

BTW, his records at Nice FC and with the Ineos Grenadier cycling team (ex Sky) are not writ large with success.

United is whole different ball game, I'll put my neck on the line and say ETH is staying I listened to Jonny Evans hw knows what's going on, I'll agree some big decisions to be made, with Varane going IS Casemiro also going? maybe.

They should keep Amrabat it's taken a while for him to settle in but he has been played out of position in the right position he is a warrior and to replace him United would have to pay double that.

On the game, the first half they dominated the game could have been 3- nil, both goals they sliced citys defense wide open, over the season were was this United team? 

Over the 2 season ETH has gained some valuable experience also so in his defense that is worth considering, get rid of the plonkers that need to be gone, 

I think it was a brilliant all round game, and a mention for Hojland around the 95th minute he picks the ball up and runs at citys defense still going for goal, 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Senior executives at Manchester United are conducting a season review covering many topics around the club — including the performance of manager Erik ten Hag.

We at The Athletic asked subscribers to conduct a review of their own and the results were overwhelming...

444500313_969974428462824_229303369868908158_n.jpg