Rochdale by-election: Controversial left-winger George Galloway wins after chaotic campaign

Social Media

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

He had a glass eye. But after retirement he has done good things and not gone for enriching himself.Turns out he was one of the better guys in the swamp.

Err, far as I know people mainly smile with their mouths, but it's good that he did good things post election. Pity he didn't do good things when in power.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Err, far as I know people mainly smile with their mouths, but it's good that he did good things post election. Pity he didn't do good things when in power.

Imo Brown wasn't a very good PM - although he compares favourably with those that have followed him - but a very good Chancellor.

On 3/1/2024 at 7:04 PM, soi3eddie said:

Of which there were 24,000 Postal votes requiring no ID verification. Only a name, signature and date of birth needed to register for postal votes. No limit per household. 

This is worth a listen to understand how flawed allowing postal votes could be. Only voting in person with valid photo ID ahould be allowed IMO for free and fair elections.

off topic, but does that count for the US ones.... i mean, they Were fair right 👌😄

9 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The Mother of All Talk Shows arrives at the Mother of All Parliaments.

GH1W31SXIAAw_qq.png

And then in a subsequent press conference he makes a comparison to the Holocaust by uttering the following words:

"If the by-election had been in February of 1940 or 41, would anyone seriously have condemned me for putting the crimes of the Holocaust at the centre of my election campaign?"

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-politics-sunak-starmer-general-election-labour-tories-budget-politics-hub-12593360

Supreme irony, I think, coming from the lips of a man who appears to believe that the only way of securing lasting peace in the Middle East would be through the eradication of not just the Isreali State but also Judaism as a whole from the face of the planet.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, OJAS said:

And then in a subsequent press conference he makes a comparison to the Holocaust by uttering the following words:

"If the by-election had been in February of 1940 or 41, would anyone seriously have condemned me for putting the crimes of the Holocaust at the centre of my election campaign?"

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-politics-sunak-starmer-general-election-labour-tories-budget-politics-hub-12593360

Supreme irony, I think, coming from the lips of a man who appears to believe that the only way of securing lasting peace in the Middle East would be through the eradication of not just the Isreali State but also Judaism as a whole from the face of the planet.

Can you provide the quote where he says that about Judaism? 

And also dispute his point about Israel? He has been quite clear 1 secular state democratic with equal rights for Jewish, Muslim, Christian, everyone

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, OJAS said:

eradication of not just the Isreali State but also Judaism as a whole from the face of the planet.

I assume you can provide some proof of that statement? If you can't it's not true.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Dubai.

Malaysia's not bad.

I had the opportunity to work in Dubai, but I turned it down because they are just mean. They expected me to buy my own airconditioner and the wages were not great. I stayed in Saudi where they provided the air conditioner and the wages were great. As long as I could escape to LOS regularly I could tolerate the BS.

Malaysia is boring and has no fun at all. It's also expensive.