Trump One Week To Pay $83.3 Million To E. Jean Carroll She’s Expressing ‘ Serious Concerns'

Social Media

20 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump really, really wants to avoid having to post a bond for the appeal. He's even offering to testify again in a new trial.

He was such a gracious gentleman at his first trial what reason could they have for not giving him another?   :clap2:

It's not just a matter of stalling on the payout, but would also give him more opportunity to flap his hands and whinge about political persecution and, of course, beg for $$$.  He's tapping his fans dry, I'm waiting for him to say stuff like "sell some of your guns and send me the money."

And those poor, poor kids.  Ivanka has hubby to make with the $$$, but the two eldest sons must be distraught at watching the fortune they have been waiting all their lives to inherit frittered away on lawyer fees and settlements that Pop needlessly multiplied by acting like the spoiled 10 year old he seems to be mentally stunted at.  When Lara says she's out to get "every penny" she's talking about her own future.  I've always been suspicious of the circumstances regarding Don Jr and his divorce -- could there be some sort of ploy involved to preserve part of the fortune in the event of something like these settlements coming to pass?  He's been engaged to Guilfoyle for 4 years, maybe that is part of display. 

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If Trump avoids the judgment, his assets will be taken from him.

Federal judgments are no fun.

And Trump is broke, so there is that.

If the "government" takes his assets off him he'll just use it to become even more popular. It'll be a classic case of Biden assets using their power to try and suppress a political opponent. 

There is always the option of declaring bankruptcy, and using that to lambast the opposition with. 

In either option, Trump gets more popular and she doesn't get anything.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In either option, Trump gets more popular and she doesn't get anything.

Watch and learn.

If Trump declares bankruptcy,  all his outstanding loans become due, and he loses everything. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Watch and learn.

If Trump declares bankruptcy,  all his outstanding loans become due, and he loses everything. 

but he'll become more popular, and he'll get to live in the White House and have the tax payer feed him.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but he'll become more popular, and he'll get to live in the White House and have the tax payer feed him.

This may be a surprise you out there in New Zealand, but there are a lot of voters who aren't crazy who consider bankruptcy a disqualification for the office of President.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This may be a surprise you out there in New Zealand, but there are a lot of voters who aren't crazy who consider bankruptcy a disqualification for the office of President.

In NZ we don't have political parties that inflict 91 court cases on an opponent to try and keep them out of politics.

IMO every time they try some more political BS on Trump it just makes him more popular.

Next.

• Confused 2

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In NZ we don't have political parties that inflict 91 court cases on an opponent to try and keep them out of politics.

IMO every time they try some more political BS on Trump it just makes him more popular.

Next.

In the USA, nobody is supposed to be above the law, but Mr. Trump thinks that he should be. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't count his Big Macs before they hatch.

He isn't running to eat.

He isn't running to help the American people.

He's running to stay out of prison. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I loved that post, especially the bit

"I suppose being bitter about being a desk jockey in the secret squirrel department, cloak and dagger division of the CIA versus a field operative can cause resentment.

Or it could have been the fact that you were not hand picked to be the CIA liaison officer by DEVGRU on the OBL mission.".

Absolutely classic 

IMO Trump should just give her the finger and ignore her whining, He has 91 or something court cases from those with perpetual TDS so what's another going to matter? It's not like the judge will order him arrested or anything like that, as I doubt he wants to go into protective custody.

If he does, his base will love him for it.

His base are a minority and they worship him like a God. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

In New Zealand, you don't have politicians who commit 91 felonies.

There, I fixed it for you.

You are wrong there. I can think of a few that IMO are guilty of a few or more. Unfortunately they escaped without being charged.

• Haha 1

Trump denied stay on E. Jean Carroll verdict — judge cites 'his own dilatory actions'

"Mr. Trump's current situation is a result of his own dilatory actions," he wrote in his order. "He has had since January 26 to organize his finances with the knowledge that he might need to bond his judgment, yet he waited until 25 days after the jury verdict — and only shortly before the expiration of Rule 62's automatic 30-day stay of any judgment — to file his prior motion for an unsecured or partially secured stay pending resolution of post-trial motions."

• Like 2

On 3/6/2024 at 6:45 PM, G_Money said:

Lots of disgruntled people on here.  Of course the fact the unanimous decision of the Supreme Court had nothing to do with it.

I keep hearing the same comments from the same disgruntled people about Trump this, Trump that for years now, not only this forum.

He slaughtered Haley and the best is yet to come.  Bye, Bye Biden.  You can fool each other here, but the majority of the American people see through the BS.  

The Teflon Don has struck again.  But do continue with your dreams.

Hey WALKER,  everyone is waiting for your thesis on the rigged outcome of the unanimous decision of the Supreme Court in the appropriate thread, of course.  

No doubt you have a valid excuse for the unanimous, repeat unanimous decision.  The secret squirrel file cabinet at Langley must have this privileged information.

23 hours ago, G_Money said:

Another deflection.  Getting to be the new normal.

I guess you haven’t been keeping up.  Unanimous, yes Unanimous decision by the Supreme Court which allow Trump to remain on the ballot and ensure his re election.    

I suppose being bitter about being a desk jockey in the secret squirrel department, cloak and dagger division of the CIA versus a field operative can cause resentment.

Or it could have been the fact that you were not hand picked to be the CIA liaison officer by DEVGRU on the OBL mission.  

Does the CIA know that you “out” yourself on public forums, talk shop and post photos?

Real secret squirrels don’t do that.

Maybe that’s the reason for your termination.

I appreciate that by sitting on a Pattaya barstool getting more plump by the day, one doesn't know much of anything, except the pains of Type II Diabetes...

In the agency one can leave/retire under cover or ask that cover be removed. I chose the latter. You're belief in what 'real squirrels' do is based on watching movies, not reality. Then again, reality is not something with which trump fluffers are familiar.

I suppose your obsession, and feeling some need to call me a desk jockey, is simply a way to project you own abject cowardice, as you know full well you'd disgrace your Depends with a motherload (sic) if you ever faced personal threats. Call of Duty vid games are as close as you would dare come to actual danger....and I suspect even that gives you nightmares.

Typical trumpfluffers (I am borrowing that from Danderman123) can only attack, because on their own they have nothing and know nothing. Not once has any trump fluffer on this Forum given an adult excuse for all of trump's behavior that rightfully earned him 91 felony indictments.

---calling his goobers to DC for 6 Jan?  Crickets

---demanding GA SecState Raffensperger "just find me...11,780 votes"  Crickets

---Going into partnership with Arif Tevfik of Bayrock Group, convicted in abstentia for, inter alia, human trafficking  Crickets

---stealing thousands of classified documents rated TS, SCI, SITK, SAP, Codeword, HCS and RD, then lying about returning them   Crickets

---trump's involvement in the fake elector scheme   Crickets

Because you have no excuses, you boast about "owning the libs" or whatever other childishness gives your miserable life meaning between adding on yet more adipose tissue and spare tires like other trump fluffers

Please drop your obsession. You are incapable of ever coming even remotely close to the man I am. You lost the Birth Lottery, and unless there actually is reincarnation, what you have is all you'll ever get. Stick with your <deleted> bank images of women you will never have, except on your hard drive.

And maybe forego that next beer and send the money to your love muffin trump, as Ms Carroll is waiting.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump posted a bond for his appeal

The logic behind this is that Trump thinks he will lose the appeal on the first verdict (although he can reduce the $5 million judgment), but he thinks he can reduce the $83 million judgment via appeal.

From the RawStory link above:

The Federal Insurance Company secured Trump’s bond Friday in the New York defamation case brought by E. Jean Carroll, the writer the former president has been found liable for sexually abusing and defaming, court records show.

Address of the bonding company:

FEDERAL INSURANCE COMPANY
202B HALL'S MILL ROAD
WHITEHOUSE STATION,   NJ 08889
800-252-4670

which is about 5 miles from Bedminster, NJ. home of Trump golf course and Ms. Habba's NJ offices.

Edited by jerrymahoney

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

From the RawStory link above:

The Federal Insurance Company secured Trump’s bond Friday in the New York defamation case brought by E. Jean Carroll, the writer the former president has been found liable for sexually abusing and defaming, court records show.

Address of the bonding company:

FEDERAL INSURANCE COMPANY
202B HALL'S MILL ROAD
WHITEHOUSE STATION,   NJ 08889
800-252-4670

which is about 5 miles from Bedminster, NJ. home of Trump golf course and Ms. Habba's NJ offices.

So not the $400 million in cash he claimed to have on hand, or perhaps he saving that as part payment of his next bond.

• Haha 1

via NY Times March 8, 2024, 11:04 a.m. ET:

Chubb, in a statement, said it did not comment on “client-specific” information, but that it provided appeal bonds in the normal course of business. “These bonds are an ordinary and important part of the American justice system, protecting the rights of both defendants and plaintiffs,” the company said.

https://archive.is/nZZwn

I wouldn't pay either.

The amount was ridiculous and politically motivated to weaken Trump.

If Dave the plumber did the same thing it would have been about 20,000 dollars.

But with Trump we get this obscene amount. The Dems trying to win via dodgy judges rather than the electorate. Much like a banana republic. Shame on them.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

via NY Times March 8, 2024, 11:04 a.m. ET:

Chubb, in a statement, said it did not comment on “client-specific” information, but that it provided appeal bonds in the normal course of business. “These bonds are an ordinary and important part of the American justice system, protecting the rights of both defendants and plaintiffs,” the company said.

https://archive.is/nZZwn

yeah, sure. This is a politically motivated decision or he's going to rape Trump on interest charges. "quid pro quo" leaps into my imagination.

Insuring Russian oil drillers is also a "business decision", LOL. 

Edited by ozimoron
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So not the $400 million in cash he claimed to have on hand, or perhaps he saving that as part payment of his next bond.

Seems that $400 million claim was made under oath, possibly if that statement was proven to be untrue some additional legal jeopardy might be forthcoming.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, LosLobo said:

Seems that $400 million claim was made under oath, possibly if that statement was proven to be untrue some additional legal jeopardy might be forthcoming.

Trump's been unloading property as fast as he can. That statement, if true would not have meant "cash on hand" and probably wasn't true by COB on the day he said it.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I wouldn't pay either.

The amount was ridiculous and politically motivated to weaken Trump.

If Dave the plumber did the same thing it would have been about 20,000 dollars.

But with Trump we get this obscene amount. The Dems trying to win via dodgy judges rather than the electorate. Much like a banana republic. Shame on them.

The original jury did not find him guilty of rape....and it awarded 2million in damages for defamation. This is a Toal political witch-hunt.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

yeah, sure. This is a politically motivated decision or he's going to rape Trump on interest charges. "quid pro quo" leaps into my imagination.

Insuring Russian oil drillers is also a "business decision", LOL. 

Federal Insurance Company, subsidiary of Chubb, is licensed in the State of Indiana.