Trump One Week To Pay $83.3 Million To E. Jean Carroll She’s Expressing ‘ Serious Concerns'

Social Media

The deadline for Trump posting bond is approaching. 

I don't think he will.

Instead, as Ms. Carroll's attorneys file court requests to grab Trump's assets, he will object, because he has an appeal for the first verdict. And that issue will be litigated.

• Like 1

Trump is practically begging the judge to reduce or delay his bond payment.

This is the same judge who Trump repeatedly insulted during the trial. I guess it never occurred to Trump to be nice to the judge.

A reporter researched his properties and found there is one NYC building that he owns that's value is close to the size of the judgement.  He only lost because he was so exhausted from all that winning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trump requests a new trial in E. Jean Carroll defamation case
Trump's attorneys argued that the jury’s compensatory and punitive awards are out of proportion and should be cancelled.

March 6, 2024, 4:18 AM +07

Donald Trump’s attorneys on Tuesday filed a motion for a new trial in writer E. Jean Carroll's defamation case and asked a judge overseeing the case to cancel the judgment of $83 million dollars against the former president

Trump attorneys Alina Habba and John Sauer argue that “a district court may grant a motion for a new trial if the verdict is against the weight of the evidence.” Habba also contended that the jury’s compensatory and punitive awards are out of proportion and motivated by sympathy rather than evidence and should be canceled. 

Carroll’s attorney Roberta Kaplan declined to comment.  

This is a developing story.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-requests-new-trial-e-jean-carroll-defamation-case-rcna141935

Trump again seeks to delay $83M judgment in E. Jean Carroll case  -- March 5, 2024, 1:49 AM

Last month, (Judge) Kaplan declined Trump's initial request for a reduced bond or a delay, but asked for a reply from Carroll's lawyers. In a filing last week, her attorneys argued that the reasoning in Trump's request relief "boils down to nothing more than 'trust me.'"

Trump's lawyers responded by arguing that Carroll's concern about Trump's limited finances is contradictory, highlighting that at trial her lawyers emphasized Trump's wealth to convince the jury to reach a higher damages award.

"Plaintiff's current position -- that President Trump's ability to satisfy a judgment of $83.3 million is in doubt -- is 'clearly inconsistent' with her position barely one month ago that President Trump has $14 billion in assets and can thus easily satisfy an enormous punitive award," defense lawyers wrote.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-seeks-delay-83m-judgment-jean-carroll-case/story?id=107782842

Edited by jerrymahoney

I believe that Judge Kaplan has said she will make a decision on the stay today. As it stands, E J Carroll's lawyers can start working on seizing assets from Friday if there's no delay granted or bond payment made to permit an appeal.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

Lots of disgruntled people on here.  Of course the fact the unanimous decision of the Supreme Court had nothing to do with it.

I keep hearing the same comments from the same disgruntled people about Trump this, Trump that for years now, not only this forum.

He slaughtered Haley and the best is yet to come.  Bye, Bye Biden.  You can fool each other here, but the majority of the American people see through the BS.  

The Teflon Don has struck again.  But do continue with your dreams.

Hey WALKER,  everyone is waiting for your thesis on the rigged outcome of the unanimous decision of the Supreme Court in the appropriate thread, of course.  

No doubt you have a valid excuse for the unanimous, repeat unanimous decision.  The secret squirrel file cabinet at Langley must have this privileged information.

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Walker88 said:

What are you rambling on about, old man?

What unanimous decision? The ballot? Let trump run. Democracy ruled against him in 2020, though he has whined like a petulant child for nearly 4 years, and many of his goobers are too stupid to see through his lies. Maybe you still believe trump's lawyer Sydney Powell's claim that dead Hugo Chavez rose from the grave and wrote code that he uploaded to an Italian satellite that then altered voting machines? Maybe you think the Pillow Guy, any time now, is finally going to produce his proof?

If you mean "immunity", yes the SC will hear it beginning 25 April. If not immune, SC Smith will get down to prosecuting trump for trying to overthrow the govt. Never heard your excuse for why the loser trump called goobers like you to DC and sent them to the Capitol to 'fight like hell'. Do you have an excuse, or do fat old guys like you live vicariously through trump? Some of his goobers shat on the floor of the Capitol and rubbed it on the walls. Was that you? Others beat cops. Hate law and order?

I can see you love the bloated one. What are his policies? Do you even know? His "Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it" resulted in 52 miles of wall along a 1800 mile border in 4 years, and this much from Mexico: $0.00...and that despite having an R Senate and House for his first 2 years. His "unbelievable healthcare plan" to replace the Affordable Care Act turned out to be that, unbelievable, as in another trump lie. His Infrastructure Week never happened.

Now he claims he can end the Ukraine War in an afternoon. How? The same way he got Mexico to pay for his wall?

His goobers have to be 3 std devs left of the mean on the IQ Bell Curve to still believe any of trump's claims or lies.

You do seem obsessed with me. I guess I understand how someone who had an exciting and successful life would get under the craw of someone who has known only mediocrity since birth.

Maybe you can answer this question I can never figure out: how does someone with spare tires that could fit an A380 fit in an economy seat all the way back to southern California? To me it seems like a square peg into a round hole sort of puzzle.

Another deflection.  Getting to be the new normal.

I guess you haven’t been keeping up.  Unanimous, yes Unanimous decision by the Supreme Court which allow Trump to remain on the ballot and ensure his re election.    

I suppose being bitter about being a desk jockey in the secret squirrel department, cloak and dagger division of the CIA versus a field operative can cause resentment.

Or it could have been the fact that you were not hand picked to be the CIA liaison officer by DEVGRU on the OBL mission.  

Does the CIA know that you “out” yourself on public forums, talk shop and post photos?

Real secret squirrels don’t do that.

Maybe that’s the reason for your termination.

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, G_Money said:

I guess you haven’t been keeping up.  Unanimous, yes Unanimous decision by the Supreme Court which allow Trump to remain on the ballot and ensure his re election.

The SCOTUS ensuring Trump’s re-election?

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

Another deflection.  Getting to be the new normal.

I suppose being bitter about being a desk jockey in the secret squirrel department, cloak and dagger division of the CIA versus a field operative can cause resentment.

Or it could have been the fact that you were not hand picked to be the CIA liaison officer by DEVGRU on the OBL mission.  

Does the CIA know that you “out” yourself on public forums, talk shop and post photos?

Real secret squirrels don’t do that.

Maybe that’s the reason for your termination.

IMG_1388.jpeg

I loved that post, especially the bit

"I suppose being bitter about being a desk jockey in the secret squirrel department, cloak and dagger division of the CIA versus a field operative can cause resentment.

Or it could have been the fact that you were not hand picked to be the CIA liaison officer by DEVGRU on the OBL mission.".

Absolutely classic 

IMO Trump should just give her the finger and ignore her whining, He has 91 or something court cases from those with perpetual TDS so what's another going to matter? It's not like the judge will order him arrested or anything like that, as I doubt he wants to go into protective custody.

If he does, his base will love him for it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2