Jomtien Beach Road One Way

D M G

37 minutes ago, StandardIssue said:

probably the 5th time they have replaced drain pipes on Jomtien beach road. Was walking Dong Tan beach the other day. Clearly the so called "upgrade" done several years ago had little to no effect and actually magnified the problem in sections where the water now gathers to a clear channel and streams focused directly in two places completely washing away the 50 foot sections of beach! Who's Hi-so nephew who cheated on his engineering exams got the contract ??

Engineers? They would be lucky to get their shoes tied every morning. This endless retro construction is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. All over Pattaya too. And soon as this bogus Jomtien project clogs up the pipes with muck ...IMG_20240517_111839.thumb.jpg.54af644f7ce2885c903b285f65383506.jpgIMG_20240517_133009.thumb.jpg.4a6e0e828fd43be5d9e1055ab444fa6a.jpgIMG_20240517_133938_1.thumb.jpg.29da1be92a6b63b7d683621a318774a9.jpg

• Agree 1

So is part of the plan to cut down all of those wonderful trees along the beaches iin jomtien ....that would be a damn right shame ....we all know that thais don;t like to sit in the sun and also more and more farangs also don't want to fry like a slice of bacon with no shade....please please leave the trees alone...

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

So is part of the plan to cut down all of those wonderful trees along the beaches iin jomtien ....that would be a damn right shame ....we all know that thais don;t like to sit in the sun and also more and more farangs also don't want to fry like a slice of bacon with no shade....please please leave the trees alone...

Dont worry they will be taking care of the beach trees good....Real Good...Look what a great job they did on Pattaya beach...

man chansaw big smile cutting tree  walkway

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

seems that a lot of the trees at jomtien are pretty far out on the beach away from the road whereas in pattaya they were much closer to the road and got wacked...to me part of what makes jomtien beach attractive is all the nice shade out on the beach from the various big shade trees...i don't ever recall big shade trees in pattaya being so close to the water and away from the road as in jomtien.......but of course i don't expect the powers that be in jomtien to care one bit what me or all the people who seeem to enjoy the shade and big old trees create a very pleasant environment...much better than having to sit in the crowded umbrella covered beach chair vendors where you are packed in like sardines....

Edited by pomchop
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Screenshot_2024-05-24-17-15-44-084_jp.naver_line.android.thumb.jpg.b6368f391fb558ba29e4dfbb924e93e8.jpgIMG_20240524_143116.thumb.jpg.7dad90750ceb2fa6f15fd0ace0f472c5.jpg

On 5/23/2024 at 4:40 AM, pomchop said:

This the plan. "These people" are just running rough shod on what was a quaint seaside town. Massive drain pipes left over from the Colorado River aquaduct, concrete and palms, parking lot, contract/kickbacks sh*tshow.

• Agree 1

On 5/22/2024 at 8:44 PM, pomchop said:

seems that a lot of the trees at jomtien are pretty far out on the beach away from the road whereas in pattaya they were much closer to the road and got wacked...to me part of what makes jomtien beach attractive is all the nice shade out on the beach from the various big shade trees...i don't ever recall big shade trees in pattaya being so close to the water and away from the road as in jomtien.......but of course i don't expect the powers that be in jomtien to care one bit what me or all the people who seeem to enjoy the shade and big old trees create a very pleasant environment...much better than having to sit in the crowded umbrella covered beach chair vendors where you are packed in like sardines....

Jomtien & Pattaya Beaches are in the same city with the same authorities responsible for them 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 8:44 AM, pomchop said:

seems that a lot of the trees at jomtien are pretty far out on the beach away from the road whereas in pattaya they were much closer to the road and got wacked

As a historical note, maybe some old timers can remember, more than 2 decades ago, a wonderful grove of big trees once arching over a section of Jomtien Beach Rd. Very pleasant to drive through.

It was an early casualty of the property boom.

2 hours ago, pegman said:

Jomtien & Pattaya Beaches are in the same city with the same authorities responsible for them 

Same contractors (Nong Nooch) - who love planting palm trees. 

• Agree 1