Bus From Mochit Bus Terminal to Pattaya.

NoshowJones

Last month I arrived at Mochit midweek at 2.00pm to go to Pattaya. There were no buses available till 4.30pm as they were all booked. Was this just a one off because of the High season, or was this normal?

I am arriving again at the same time next week and wondering if it will happen again. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Last month I arrived at Mochit midweek at 2.00pm to go to Pattaya. There were no buses available till 4.30pm as they were all booked. Was this just a one off because of the High season, or was this normal?

I am arriving again at the same time next week and wondering if it will happen again. Thanks.

A few trips down to Pattaya then? Ah yes, the music festival.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Were the buses full of white guys?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

A few trips down to Pattaya then? Ah yes, the music festival.

No, if I go to any music festival it has got to be music. Did you not get my PM?

• Thumbs Up 1

I was in Pattaya on Thursday and Friday last week.   Bus between there and MO Chit  wasn't full but only about 6 seats empty. 

Speaking of Indians... There were a couple on board the bus.  Now I don't know alot about their culture but bygeezus they talk loud. 

I don't think anyone on the bus couldn't hear them. Luckily after about 45 minutes they ran out of things to say. Not that we understood anything they said. 

I've been using the Ekkamai-Pattaya bus for 22 years and I have never seen such crowds as this year: weekends, weekdays, seems to make no difference.  I'm used to going there almost anytime and maybe having to wait for one bus in front.  My last few times this past month, both on Tuesdays, the blue bus ticket line has been doubled around and a 2 hour wait.  Both times I bit the bullet and took a van...I do not recommend it.

Pattaya has suddenly become immensely popular among the Instagram crowd and visiting Asians, most of whom seemed to be Korean. 

Edited by dddave
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, dddave said:

I've been using the Ekkamai-Pattaya bus for 22 years and I have never seen such crowds as this year: weekends, weekdays, seems to make no difference.  I'm used to going there almost anytime and maybe having to wait for one bus in front.  My last few times this past month, both on Tuesdays, the blue bus ticket line has been doubled around and a 2 hour wait.  Both times I bit the bullet and took a van...I do not recommend it.

Pattaya has suddenly become immensely popular among the Instagram crowd and visiting Asians, most of whom seemed to be Korean. 

I was there on Wednesday and noticed a "microbus" service. I wonder if it might be better than a van if the big bus is full? 

20240228_094603.jpg

20240228_094507.jpg

21 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Haven't been to Pattaya for many years but when I did travel there by bus, I always went from Ekamai and there were several options - maybe a better choice?

No, My bus from upcountry arrives at Mochit. Only need to change over, but thanks anyway.

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

No, My bus from upcountry arrives at Mochit. Only need to change over, but thanks anyway.

Usually, there are seats available but depends on the day and tourists lol

15 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I was there on Wednesday and noticed a "microbus" service. I wonder if it might be better than a van if the big bus is full? 

20240228_094603.jpg

20240228_094507.jpg

Is that in the Mini bus station across the road?

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Is that in the Mini bus station across the road?

Sorry boss, we went a bit off-topic and started talking about Ekkamai, that's where those pics are from.

23 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I was in Pattaya on Thursday and Friday last week.   Bus between there and MO Chit  wasn't full but only about 6 seats empty. 

Speaking of Indians... There were a couple on board the bus.  Now I don't know alot about their culture but bygeezus they talk loud. 

I don't think anyone on the bus couldn't hear them. Luckily after about 45 minutes they ran out of things to say. Not that we understood anything they said. 

In my 22 years in Pattaya I've never heard an Indian person say one word in English. Even most of the European tourist speak some English.

Edited by NONG CHOK
Typo

27 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Sorry boss, we went a bit off-topic and started talking about Ekkamai, that's where those pics are from.

No problem It's probably helped someone.

3 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Racist.Could have been worse,it could have been Yanks.

Yanks worse than Indians?? You are surely joking.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

In my 22 years in Pattaya I've never heard an Indian person say one word in English. Even most of the European tourist speak some English.

Thai is the language in Thailand. Do you speak Thai?

On 3/3/2024 at 6:48 PM, NoshowJones said:

Not so much. Mostly hairy faced Indians. I bought two seats so as not to have to sit next to any of them.

So next time a westerner meets a bargirl just think about the Indians that visited last week.

On 3/3/2024 at 3:48 PM, NoshowJones said:

Not so much. Mostly hairy faced Indians. I bought two seats so as not to have to sit next to any of them.

Good move, can't fault you, I would have bought up the two seats immediately behind  as well . 

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2024 at 3:48 AM, NoshowJones said:

If racism has a face, What a shame! Chinese, Indians and possibly Russians are here to stay. China and India accounts for 60% of Asia’s population and with a big middle income bracket, you would see them here or other touristy places a lot. I know you can’t accept them but blatant display of racism on public board doesn’t suit an upstanding expat like you. You are better than that.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 10:29 PM, dddave said:

Saw some tourists' instagram and the weekend air-conditioned Pattaya trains were packed with some standing all the way