Bus From Mochit Bus Terminal to Pattaya.

NoshowJones

On 3/3/2024 at 10:29 PM, dddave said:

I've been using the Ekkamai-Pattaya bus for 22 years and I have never seen such crowds as this year: weekends, weekdays, seems to make no difference.  I'm used to going there almost anytime and maybe having to wait for one bus in front.  My last few times this past month, both on Tuesdays, the blue bus ticket line has been doubled around and a 2 hour wait.  Both times I bit the bullet and took a van...I do not recommend it.

Pattaya has suddenly become immensely popular among the Instagram crowd and visiting Asians, most of whom seemed to be Korean. 

Agree, early March I waited 2 hours. Then the bus took 2 1/2 hours same as it did in 1997. That was including the stop to fill the tank, I thought they'd stopped that years ago.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Agree, early March I waited 2 hours. Then the bus took 2 1/2 hours same as it did in 1997. That was including the stop to fill the tank, I thought they'd stopped that years ago.

The fill-up stop is new and is really annoying.  I suspect the bus company has an interest in the nearly useless food shop.  Adds 25 minutes to the trip.

52 minutes ago, dddave said:

The fill-up stop is new and is really annoying.  I suspect the bus company has an interest in the nearly useless food shop.  Adds 25 minutes to the trip.

The other week there wasn't even a shop open, nothing, everything was empty. Except the toilets. But the stop this time was only 15 minutes, some kind of record.

21 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

You are right, that stop is very annoying, and another just outside Bangkok at the terminal there