Foreign man caught on CCTV stealing Thai flag in Phuket

snoop1130

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai netizens urged the police to take the case seriously as the Thai flag is highly respected by locals.

The seriousness to which this will be taken will be inversely proportional to the net worth of the foreigner.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tomsi said:

Stop crying old man 😂 there is no campaign against farangs but there is and should be a campaign against stupid and violent farangs. 

ve 

Why do you feel so threatened about Chinese and Indians? Because you are on a minimal pension and they come with more spending power? 

Where on earth did I write I was threatened by Indians and Chinese. I remember saying in very few words that Thai authorities were in the process of given them visa exempt stays. Stating a proven fact can lead to be accused of all sorts of things here. Ridiculous. 

As for the "campaign" I should have used "sentiment", English is my fourth language, even though it the one one I use most, these days. But yes, "growing anti Farang sentiment " would reflect what I observe.

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

The seriousness to which this will be taken will be inversely proportional to the net worth of the foreigner.  

Wouldn't that make sense, Uli, for instance has 63 employees. Many of which would be Burmese though.

5 hours ago, kimamey said:

Yes I've seen that as well. I think it's like a lot of national pride, both here and elsewhere, where it's important if you can use it against someone. 

Many times I've seen a 1 or 2 baht coin on the floor with Thais seeing it but just walking past. I pick it up as it has the king on it and could be trodden on. Plus if I collect enough I can buy myself something 😃

Not sure if i believe your story about coins having the kings head on them.I suspect like me you value the cash.

ps why for every 20 1baht coins i find i only ever pick 1 5baht up?

• Haha 1

the Thai flag is highly respected by locals.

Well, the Americans seem to have a different approach as more than once "
Stars and Stripes" were used for mini-bikinis in Bangkok's gogo bars by the dancers ...

On 3/6/2024 at 1:57 AM, Banana7 said:

Hosting the national flag of any nation comes with responsibilities.  It's not a decoration on or for a building, it is the proud symbol of a nation. The flag should be taken down at sunset and raised to top mast at sunrise. It can be at half or lower mast for extraordinary national events like mourning the death of a Minister, etc..

Watch a Police station, military base, or military ship and see the flag timing. It's disrespectful to leave the flag up overnight!

It seems like The Jootee Tin Dredging Company needs to show more respect for Thailand's flag by taking care of it seriously, properly and with honour and respect.

Maybe the foreigner was showing more respect than the company?

Very clearly, the souvenir hunter recognized this and grabbed it to take home. 

14 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

correct

Please make it your life's work to share your wisdom with the world.  Such brilliance, such insight... shouldn't be confined to aseannow comments and the call girls down at your local dive.

You're the hero we didn't know we needed.