Foreign man caught on CCTV stealing Thai flag in Phuket

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

problems with Indians nor Chinese, I was just underling the clear preference for Asians tourists.

Don't Indians have to pay for a visa?

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Hosting the national flag of any nation comes with responsibilities.  It's not a decoration on or for a building, it is the proud symbol of a nation. The flag should be taken down at sunset and raised to top mast at sunrise. It can be at half or lower mast for extraordinary national events like mourning the death of a Minister, etc..

Watch a Police station, military base, or military ship and see the flag timing. It's disrespectful to leave the flag up overnight!

It seems like The Jootee Tin Dredging Company needs to show more respect for Thailand's flag by taking care of it seriously, properly and with honour and respect.

Maybe the foreigner was showing more respect than the company?

"the [US] flag may be displayed 24 hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness"

https://www.legion.org/flag/faq#:~:text=The Flag Code states it,during the hours of darkness.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A CCTV camera caught a foreign man stealing a Thai flag from outside an office in Phuket. Thai netizens urged the police to take the case seriously as the Thai flag is highly respected by locals.

Souvenir hunter strikes again.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I was an enlisted sailor on the USS ENTERPRISE (CVN 65). Before pulling in to any foreign port, we were gathered and the fear of gawd was impressed upon us. We were reminded we were ambassadors of the US and any aberrant behavior would result in double jeopardy. The host country would enforce their punishment then the Navy would enforce THEIR punishment on top.

How would YOU feel if folks came to your home country and behaved like this?

First thanks for your service,I installed many cofferdams on her back in the day heck she was berthed at nas alimeda there was a shark swimming around her we thought the annodes on the electrolliss system were giving it a tickle when it swam by the officers quarter deck I jumped on its back and absolutely freaked the ood out lol we got steaks and Ice-cream for that stunt lol good times!!anyway the flag thief is bucking for the Darwin Award and or just another quality tourist idiot 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

51 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It's happening in the Canary Islands also

Also in Catalonia, And Basque Country..Spain is broken.

Edited by Tarteso

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I was an enlisted sailor on the USS ENTERPRISE (CVN 65). Before pulling in to any foreign port, we were gathered and the fear of gawd was impressed upon us. We were reminded we were ambassadors of the US and any aberrant behavior would result in double jeopardy. The host country would enforce their punishment then the Navy would enforce THEIR punishment on top.

How would YOU feel if folks came to your home country and behaved like this?

They do and they show utmost disrespect for the country in more ways than one, with protests every few days and appearances in the media decrying our country and it's history. I think there should be severe penalties for disrespecting someone's flag, it's an insult to the people of that nation and the penalty should be deportation at least.

11 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Maybe the foreigner was showing more respect than the company?

You're joking right?

8 minutes ago, Incobart said:

I have a bit a problem with generalisation, there arrive maybe every day 5000 tourists in Phuket, 1  or a a few misbehave something, meaning 4995 are good for the country, and isn't that  on any place, school, factory, concert ... that 1 or 2 do something wrong ?

you have statistics proving that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Incobart said:

I have a bit a problem with generalisation, there arrive maybe every day 5000 tourists in Phuket, 1  or a a few misbehave something, meaning 4995 are good for the country, and isn't that  on any place, school, factory, concert ... that 1 or 2 do something wrong ?

Exactly.

Just one more storm in a tea cup.

TIT. :coffee1:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Thats hilarious, who invents this stupidity, what happens if the lights go out one  night wonder if theres an emergency number to call?

Every house, boat, car and jacket seems to have one, they get nervous if they can't see the star spangled banner.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Every time I see news about some stupid farang 

acting like and idiot I feel ashamed and disgusted. I literally pray that it isn't an American.

Looking at the photo & video in the link; I'd guess he's British.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1