Swiss retiree’s brutal attack on Thai woman sparks outcry in Trang

Just now, BritManToo said:

"This woman reported that on Sunday night, she was driving her car from Pattaya to her home in Huai Yai Subdistrict. She didn’t spot the foreigner riding his bicycle in the right lane while driving at high speeds, so she crashed into him violently. She drove home first, out of fear and shock, and then called the police and offered to surrender the next morning."

I was indicating that the charge, as reported, doesn't include that she fled and failed to provided assistance, which would amount to manslaughter, as someone else pointed out.

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

May he R.I.P. 

But no, they will either say it was a 'misunderstanding', or 'suicide' by the Swiss... - With all the publicity about Swiss citizens in Thailand, perhaps some Swiss will think twice before booking a holiday here in the near term.

That's a legitimate concern. It will be interesting to see if this case will trigger another anti westerners mob.

2 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

A clear case of certain plea of insanity by Straumann,

as no sane person raised in a civilized country would react this way.

Probably will claim he is on medication for an allerg🤔

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

I was indicating that the charge, as reported, doesn't include that she fled and failed to provided assistance, which would amount to manslaughter, as someone else pointed out.

So thats obviously the clear justification for Swiss Dick to belt the pi$$ out of the elderly thai woman whilstdoing the shopping. Now I see your argument makes sense. Also tells me a lot about his defenders on here! 

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

So thats obviously the clear justification for Swiss Dick to belt the pi$$ out of the elderly thai woman whilstdoing the shopping. Now I see your argument makes sense. Also tells me a lot about his defenders on here! 

Who is defending him? 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

I like how these brave Swiss warriors always choose women as their fighting opponents. Some go even further in their bravery and choose the old women.

Edited by Hellfire

1 minute ago, grain said:

A few useless pricks like these are going to stuff things up for the rest of us if this kind of behavior continues any further. 

Yes, at a minimum I think we'll all have to spend a week or two in an Attitude Adjustment Camp.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

I like how these brave Swiss warriors always choose women as their fighting opponents. Some go even further in their bravery and choose the old women.

Dont disregard the topicexpert opinion of 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

All Swiss.

Who would have guessed that Swiss men would win the competition for random attacks on women.

My guess would have been Russian or British!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, grain said:

A few useless pricks like these are going to stuff things up for the rest of us if this kind of behavior continues any further. 

Agreed, usually I’d argue that Thais are smart enough to treat us based on our own individual merits when interacting in person. 
However, on a National scale this behavior feeds the flames of nationalistic sentiment, which can be fanned with further stupid behavior by foreigners & the predictable nationalistic over reaction & netizen outrage. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Really displeased with this guy for the damage he's done to the retiree expat community's reputation. Those who have apparently come to believe that Thai warmth and hospitality can be taken for granted, and that Thailand is a safe haven for those lacking civility and nursing anti-social grievances need to be disabused of this notion forthwith.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let's hope the Thai woman who hit and run killed a 73 year old Swiss tourist in Pattaya last night gets similar attention.

it is right and correct to remind the public about this.

but what is it with Swiss guys lately ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there something I should know about eating Toblerone?? 

Habitual munchers of that nougaty chocolate seem to be a bit flaky on the outside.

So my Austrian mate told me

Over the years here I've met many long term expats that can't stand Thai people. 

I think this is what happened in this instance... Blew a fuse. Poor lady got all his frustrations put on her. Kick this twit out