Swiss retiree’s brutal attack on Thai woman sparks outcry in Trang

11 hours ago, geisha said:

Agree with you. I have rarely seen a nasty Westerner in Thailand in all my 38 years. A  few drunks, a few idiots , a few delusional yes, like all over the world. And I don’t hang around where crooks/ thieves/ or criminals are likely to be.  I always remember arriving in Patong, years back, and my French neighbour warned me off a French bar I’d mentioned. There are always a few , everywhere , just avoid. I was very proud of us foreigners during the Tsunami, and also during Covid..Plenty doing good work in Thailand.

I remember meeting so many nice folks just after the Tsunsmi in Bangkok giving blood at the Red Cross. I was in Phuket 6 days earlier. 

On 3/6/2024 at 7:16 AM, BritManToo said:

Let's hope the Thai woman who hit and run killed a 73 year old Swiss tourist in Pattaya last night gets similar attention.

Like your own case, it will be swept under the rug by Thai officials and the foreign victim blamed by compassionate AN expats.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2024 at 12:16 AM, josephbloggs said:

Sorry if this affects the chip on your shoulder, but "alien" isn't a uniquely Thai term, it is standard.

The UK has an "Aliens Act" about immigration, and most countries refer to non nationals as "aliens".

Noted, but here we talk about linguistic manners, politeness - without resorting to all that political correctness BS. Thailand needs foreigners as tourists, investors and high skilled labour contributions - unlike the UK. 

And, as a non-native English speaker, I always understood "alien" as those little green men from Mars with antennas and suction cups at the end of their three fingered/-toed arms and legs ......... whatever, but by all means not "human" 😉 

On 3/6/2024 at 8:20 PM, Startmeup said:

Probably doing the right thing by not driving home drunk has cost him his life?

If you look at the picture he had a light on the back of the bike.
Lady maybe on her phone or more than likely at her age half blind and shouldn't be driving at all. 

Maybe old guy was drunk

On 3/8/2024 at 9:19 AM, josephbloggs said:

What bad luck to fall over like that.

swiss-trang3.jpg

have you never seen the damage to a drunk when he/she falls over...lol... the blood soaked bandages do make it look worse than it probably is.

• Sad 1