Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Modify your claim........lol Your link points to a claim of 70% of civilian buildings, your original claim was 85% of the whole of Gaza leveled. That is not modification that is a weak attempt at covering up a lie.

The actual figure is 35% remember that for the future

If the IDF does not stop soon, it will be 70%.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Modify your claim........lol Your link points to a claim of 70% of civilian buildings, your original claim was 85% of the whole of Gaza leveled. That is not modification that is a weak attempt at covering up a lie.

5 to 10% is not a material number and does not alter my point.

Bear in mind that the figure includes Rafah which is still intact so that means a far greater percentage of northern Gaza infrastructure - that part which has been bombed - has been destroyed.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I provided independent links that said 70 to 80% and even higher for medical infrastructure. Your links don't trump mine.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

5 to 10% is not a material number and does not alter my point.

Bear in mind that the figure includes Rafah which is still intact so that means a far greater percentage of northern Gaza infrastructure - that part which has been bombed - has been destroyed.

Poor deflection, your unattributed claim that 85% of Gaza was leveled to the reality that I provided which is 35%

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Poor deflection, your unattributed claim that 85% of Gaza was leveled to the reality that I provided which is 35%

Your cherry picked link does not overwhelm several links which state 70%. If Israel invade Rafah that figure will inevitably skyrocket. You obsession with the actual numbers belays the point.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Your cherry picked link does not overwhelm several links which state 70%. If Israel invade Rafah that figure will inevitably skyrocket.

Cherry picked? its the latest analysis by UN satellite..lol

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Cherry picked? its the latest analysis by UN satellite..lol

Did you not notice you linked to a paywalled site which is not allowed under the rules? Got another link?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Some Reuters link paywall free

Satellite images show 35% of Gaza's building destroyed, UN says

https://archive.ph/Tz81E

Not the one you linked. Regardless, you are not permitted to link to Reuters at all so consider removing this one as well. Linking to the same article via archives on a different site is devious.

Edited by ozimoron

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Not the one you linked. Regardless, you are not permitted to link to Reuters at all so consider removing this one as well.

Not permitted to link Reuters? Where can you see a list of all these rules? 

• Agree 1

Thousands rally in Tel Aviv demanding prisoner exchange deal with Hamas

According to the Israel Broadcasting Authority, a large crowd gathered in Kaplan Square, central Tel Aviv to protest against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government and urge for a hostage exchange with Hamas.

“We announce the death of the Zionist captive Yejiv Bukhattaf, 34, due to shortages of medicine and food,” Al-Qassam stated via Telegram.

“We previously warned that enemy captives suffer from the same conditions as our people; hunger, deprivation, shortages of food and medicine, and that illness now threatens the lives of many of them,” the armed wing added.

Commenting on the video, Al-Qassam said: “What the people of Gaza suffer from, the siege and shortages of food and medicine, your captives will also suffer from (referring to Israel and the families of captives).”

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/israeli-hostage-dies-in-gaza-due-to-lack-of-medicine-food/3173101

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I posted a link yesterday from November, which says that 70% of Palestinian homes (not buildings) had been destroyed. Current estimates of buildings as a whole stand at 35%, which is massive in any case.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

I posted a link yesterday from November, which says that 70% of Palestinian homes (not buildings) had been destroyed. Current estimates of buildings as a whole stand at 35%, which is massive in any case.

I posted a link yesterday from November, which says that 70% of Palestinian homes (not buildings) had been destroyed.

Yes I know you did, you posted that to me, so why are you doing the same thing yet again?

• Confused 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

I posted a link yesterday from November, which says that 70% of Palestinian homes (not buildings) had been destroyed.

Yes I know you did, you posted that to me, so why are you doing the same thing yet again?

I was clarifying the issue as I see lots of arguing on this page about figures and it seems there is confusion between buildings and homes. So yes, in November, already 70% of Palestinian homes had been wiped out, it is sufficiently serious to be repeated once.

"so why are you doing the same thing yet again?"

What do you mean by that?

• Agree 1

Among the items rejected during inspections are oxygen cylinders and anaesthetics for hospitals, which are vital for those injured in airstrikes, including the 10 children on average each day who are having to get one or both of their legs amputated. Stone fruit is being refused entry under the explanation that the stones could be used as bullets or used to plant trees, even while famine looms, and tent poles – which are key to providing shelter for Gaza’s 1.9million displaced people – are also being turned away, ActionAid has heard.  

https://actionaid.org/news/2024/essential-aid-including-food-and-medical-supplies-prevented-entering-gaza-23-million

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

I was clarifying the issue as I see lots of arguing on this page about figures and it seems there is confusion between buildings and homes. So yes, in November, already 70% of Palestinian homes had been wiped out, it is sufficiently serious to be repeated once.

"so why are you doing the same thing yet again?"

You know what I mean by that and yes its is just 35% of building that have been destroyed or damaged, not 85% as the poster claimed.

• Sad 1

Around 97 percent of the ground water in Gaza is reportedly unfit for human consumption.

As of 15 February 2024, over 46 percent of all cropland in the Gaza Strip was assessed to be damaged. Likewise, agricultural infrastructure has been devastated, with the highest levels of destruction to animal shelters, sheep farms, dairy farms, home barns and broiler farms.

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/gaza-briefing-un-security-council-fao-calls-immediate-cessation-hostilities-and-restoration-humanitarian-space-eliminate-risk-famine

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

That is 35 % of building have been destroyed or damaged by bombs

About half that 35 % of buildings have been completely destroyed , the other half have just been damaged 

The numbers of captured terrorists are huge for the Shifa Hospital operation, update just a few mins ago :clap2:

IDF: 480 of 800 detained suspects at Shifa Hospital are Hamas or Islamic Jihad members

The IDF’s nearly weeklong operation continues at Gaza City’s Shifa Hospital, with the military saying that among some 800 suspects detained by troops, 480 of them have been confirmed to be members of the Hamas or Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror groups.

Troops also located infrastructure belonging to terror groups and caches of weapons over the past, the IDF says.

Times of Israel

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You know what I mean by that and yes its is just 35% of building that have been destroyed or damaged, not 85% as the poster claimed.

I already said I'd accept that the figure is at elast 70% and relates to homes, not all buildings. I also said it includes Rafah which has not been bombed yet. My point is made. Nitpicking over the actual number doesn't materially alter the fact that this is a war crime of horrific proportions. I don't obsess over the actual numbers, only the broader point which is the war crimes perpetrated by Israel.

The Wall Street Journal reports that almost half of Gaza’s buildings have been damaged or destroyed in the war there, a figure that also accounts for almost 70 percent of its 439,000 homes.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/some-70-of-gaza-homes-damaged-or-destroyed-wall-street-journal-analysis/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That is 35 % of building have been destroyed or damaged by bombs

About half that 35 % of buildings have been completely destroyed , the other half have just been damaged 

Just for a comparison, when the US dropped an atomic bomb on Nagasaki in 1947, 40% of Nagasaki's buildings were destroyed...
what percent of nagasaki was destroyed - Search (bing.com)

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I already said I'd accept that the figure is at elast 70% and relates to homes, not all buildings. I also said it includes Rafah which has not been bombed yet. My point is made. Nitpicking over the actual number doesn't materially alter the fact that this is a war crime of horrific proportions.

The Wall Street Journal reports that almost half of Gaza’s buildings have been damaged or destroyed in the war there, a figure that also accounts for almost 70 percent of its 439,000 homes.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/some-70-of-gaza-homes-damaged-or-destroyed-wall-street-journal-analysis/

Such a huge discrepancy is not nit picking, its updated factual UN satellite analysis that is now the given credible figure and the one quoted by UN.

35% OF BUILDINGS AFFECTED IN GAZA STRIP

https://unitar.org/about/news-stories/press/35-buildings-affected-gaza-strip

• Thumbs Up 1