Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:
19 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

"...children, women and elderly people"

How about young men? Are they okay to hold as hostages?

No

As long as the "terrorsts" hide behind their own people (civilians), the IDF is happy to justify killing those people.

Why do you think the IDF is happy about? Did you watch cheering IDF-soldiers like the Hamas terrorists did in the streets of Gaza after raping and slaughtering Israeli civilians? Did you watch those videos?

Yes, the term used to mitigate the responsibility of killing non-combatants is "collateral damage." So you think "collateral damage" is okay, right? 

No. That might be one the differences between me and Hamas terrorists

I agree with all three of your responses above... I'd only add to the second that, yes, I did see photos of the IDF "cheering" when they killed Hamas terrorists in Gaza, and to the last, I'd add "....and the IDF."

Edited by WDSmart

31 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

But one Jewish child has value, is that what you are saying?

Have you got comprehension problems, this again is what I said. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

59 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

13,000 Hamas terrorists have no value in the slightest, only in your eyes Mr Smart, only in your eyes, the world will be a much better and safer place without them.

Of course one Jewish child has value, just the same as one Palestian child has value, Hamas terrorist have no value whatsoever, is this clear enough for you or have you any other words you would like to put in my mouth?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Of course one Jewish child has value, just the same as one Palestian child has value, Hamas terrorist have no value whatsoever, is this clear enough for you or have you any other words you would like to put in my mouth?

Do IDF war criminals have value?

A Palestinian boy is shot dead after he lit a firework. Israel’s use of deadly force is scrutinized

A 12-year-old boy in east Jerusalem lights the fuse of a long firework and hoists it in the air. Then, just before it explodes and illuminates the night sky with a burst of red, he is shot in the chest by Israeli police and falls to the ground.

Halhouli, the youngest of seven siblings, was shot at around 8 p.m. last Tuesday outside his home on a garbage-strewn alleyway, his father said. He was roughly 60 meters (200 feet) from the Israeli police watchtower; video of the incident shows Halhouli pointing the firework in the rough direction of the watchtower, but not directly at it.

https://apnews.com/article/shaufat-israel-palestinians-jerusalem-shuafat-600690541cc356f7648ff6c3a2091004

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I do. I'd like to know if you think the life of an Australian, American, British, German, Palestinian, or Jewish terrorist has any value.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

A Palestinian boy is shot dead after he lit a firework. Israel’s use of deadly force is scrutinized

A 12-year-old boy in east Jerusalem lights the fuse of a long firework and hoists it in the air. Then, just before it explodes and illuminates the night sky with a burst of red, he is shot in the chest by Israeli police and falls to the ground.

https://apnews.com/article/shaufat-israel-palestinians-jerusalem-shuafat-600690541cc356f7648ff6c3a2091004

Edited your post after I replied. 🥴

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

I do. I'd likez to know if you think the life of an Australian, American, British, German, Palestinian, or Jewish terrorist has any value.

Get on topic and cease this nonsense, 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I have never seen a legal book that defines "innocent" or "terrorist." 
I do judge people myself as being "innocent" or "terrorist," as I believe you do.
"Terrorists are terrorists, and babies are babies." Their religion/ethnicity has nothing to do with that. 

Every Country has their own law book and whilst there no laws that proclaim a person as being innocent  but if you don't break any of the laws, then you are indeed innocent 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Halhouli, the youngest of seven siblings, was shot at around 8 p.m. last Tuesday outside his home on a garbage-strewn alleyway, his father said. He was roughly 60 meters (200 feet) from the Israeli police watchtower; video of the incident shows Halhouli pointing the firework in the rough direction of the watchtower, but not directly at it.

They even shoot their own hostages, God knows how many Gazans they have killed as they were holding white flags.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/3-israeli-hostages-tried-only-killed-military-rcna130912

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:
25 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I do. I'd likez to know if you think the life of an Australian, American, British, German, Palestinian, or Jewish terrorist has any value.

Get on topic and cease this nonsense, 

So, I was unable to put words in your mouth because you have no answer to that question.

Just another reminder, I ALWAYS answer questions put directly to me on this and other forums with a "Yes" or "No" answer (or occasionally, "I don't know), followed with more detail if I deem necessary. Just sayin'... 

• Agree 1

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) denied a request from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address the Senate Democratic caucus in a virtual meeting, arguing against approaching discussions on Israel through a partisan lens.

Netanyahu, the right-wing Israeli leader, met with Senate Republicans in a closed virtual meeting on Wednesday. A spokesperson for Schumer said in a widely reported statement that the majority leader denied Netanyahu’s similar request for Democrats.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4546039-schumer-denies-netanyahu-request-to-address-democrats/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Senate Dems push Biden to establish two-state solution for Israel, Palestine

A group of 19 Democratic senators have sent a letter to President Biden urging his administration to establish a “bold, public framework” for a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine. 

https://thehill.com/newsletters/4545838-senate-dems-push-biden-to-establish-two-state-solution-for-israel-palestine/

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, have documented numerous incidents and allegations of human rights violations by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) in the context of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. They have raised concerns about actions and practices that they argue could constitute violations of international humanitarian law and potentially amount to acts of state-sponsored terrorism.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-as-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-in-gaza/

• Thanks 1

“There is no single ‘Hamas,’” Tareq Baconi writes in his book, Hamas Contained: The Rise and Pacification of Palestinian Resistance. “It is an exercise in futility, as well as fundamentally inaccurate and reductionist to try to suggest that the movement is some form of monolithic actor,” Baconi continues. There are, within the organisation, hardliners and pragmatists, religious conservatives and comparative moderates, those who prioritise the armed struggle against Israel, and those, at least until recently, who sought gains through political means.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/21/what-is-the-real-hamas

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, have documented numerous incidents and allegations of human rights violations by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) in the context of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. They have raised concerns about actions and practices that they argue could constitute violations of international humanitarian law and potentially amount to acts of state-sponsored terrorism.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-as-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-in-gaza/

They have raised concerns about actions and practices that they argue could constitute violations of international humanitarian law and potentially amount to acts of state-sponsored terrorism.

That is not contained in the link, why have you put it there?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Again , a report from October 2023 and discussed on here when it was published .

Your report says that Israel MUST be investigated for war crimes

Israel were investigated for war crimes are were not found to be  guilty

Do keep up old chap 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you have a link to back this bit up ?

"They have raised concerns about actions and practices that they argue could constitute violations of international humanitarian law and potentially amount to acts of state-sponsored terrorism."

Or could you or anyone else point out where that is written in the link provided, as I cannot locate that sentence in the link . Where you cheating and adding sentences to links and hoping that no one would notice ?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Now, please don't  provide links by Qatar state sponsored Al Jazeera , that Qatar who gives refuge to war criminals and helps them evade justice for their crimes , and then they accuse others of war crimes . The Al=Jazeera who lies on their news reports and silences anyone who tells the truth 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Why's that, a tad embarrassing for you and the illustrious Israeli military.

But perfectly fine to keep repeating a terrorist attack from 5 months ago as a justification for ongoing war crimes and genocide now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Blinken: US circulated draft UN Security Council resolution calling for ‘immediate ceasefire linked to the release of hostages’

The United States has circulated a draft UN Security Council resolution calling for an “immediate ceasefire linked to the release of hostages” in the Gaza Strip, Secretary of State Antony Blinken says.

“Well, in fact, we actually have a resolution that we put forward right now that’s before the United Nations Security Council that does call for an immediate ceasefire tied to the release of hostages, and we hope very much that countries will support that,” Blinken says.

“I think that would send a strong message, a strong signal,” he tells Saudi media outlet Al Hadath during a visit to Saudi Arabia to discuss the war between Israel and Hamas, sparked by the terror group’s devastating October 7 attack.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/blinken-us-circulated-draft-un-security-council-resolution-calling-for-immediate-ceasefire-linked-to-the-release-of-hostages/

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Blinken: US circulated draft UN Security Council resolution calling for ‘immediate ceasefire linked to the release of hostages’

The United States has circulated a draft UN Security Council resolution calling for an “immediate ceasefire linked to the release of hostages” in the Gaza Strip, Secretary of State Antony Blinken says.

“Well, in fact, we actually have a resolution that we put forward right now that’s before the United Nations Security Council that does call for an immediate ceasefire tied to the release of hostages, and we hope very much that countries will support that,” Blinken says.

“I think that would send a strong message, a strong signal,” he tells Saudi media outlet Al Hadath during a visit to Saudi Arabia to discuss the war between Israel and Hamas, sparked by the terror group’s devastating October 7 attack.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/blinken-us-circulated-draft-un-security-council-resolution-calling-for-immediate-ceasefire-linked-to-the-release-of-hostages/

Note the "immediate ceasefire part". That's not just a pause.

• Love It 1