OPINION: If Mr. Trump takes power will more Americans REALLY leave the US this time?

Jingthing

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This article isn't about this but I wonder if President Biden being reelected over Mr. Trump will motivate a wave of super Magas to leave as well? If so where will they go? Russia and Hungary sure but does Thailand have appeal for such extremists?

Did you leave due to Bush?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Did you leave due to Bush?

No. I already mentioned that my move had nothing to with politics. 

I don't know what percentage of Americans have left over the years due to politics but some have and some will later.

Also worth mentioning is that clearly politics is at least a part of the motivation for many.

Follow social media on expatriation and one of the most common reasons of multiple reasons given is to escape the toxicity of political division in the US. That sentiment comes from all types from right to left and the apolitical as well.

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. I already mentioned that my move had nothing to with politics. 

So why do you think people will? They just say it to get attention.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

So why do you think people will? They just say it to get attention.

I am one person.

I already said I am  not predicting a wave of new expats because of politics after the election but its possible.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I am one person.

I already said I am  not predicting a wave of new expats because of politics after the election but its possible.

Lets say 15,000 go to Thailand. It won't affect you. 

• Agree 1

I might go back if Trump is elected. I have no idea why anyone would want to leave unless they lived in a Democrat run city with sky high crime and sky high taxes. But the sensible decent people are moving to places like Taxes and Florida that are gaining population while the Illinoises and Californications of the country are left to rot with illegals and minorities and Dumbocrats.  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know if more will leave.

I do know the ones I meet here are all happy to be out of there.

That's what the poor folk who can't afford to go back say. It's nice having money and oprions.

2 hours ago, retarius said:

I might go back if Trump is elected. I have no idea why anyone would want to leave unless they lived in a Democrat run city with sky high crime and sky high taxes. But the sensible decent people are moving to places like Taxes and Florida that are gaining population while the Illinoises and Californications of the country are left to rot with illegals and minorities and Dumbocrats.  

Well, who knows, Usa midwest might be the place to live peacefully, just duck and hide. 

55 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

That's what the poor folk who can't afford to go back say. It's nice having money and oprions.

It's not a difficult choice between living in a tent city or car in the US, or living comfortably in Thailand.

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This article isn't about this but I wonder if President Biden being reelected over Mr. Trump will motivate a wave of super Magas to leave as well? If so where will they go? Russia and Hungary sure but does Thailand have appeal for such extremists?

I'm curious, what exactly is a super Maga in your opinion? When did patriotism become a bad idea? 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's not a difficult choice between living in a tent city or car in the US, or living comfortably in Thailand.

This is true. But you're talking about a more common motivation -- economics.

While politics no doubt touches everything, I don't consider moving to achieve a decent quality of life to be political in motivation.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:06 PM, MonteD said:

I'm curious, what exactly is a super Maga in your opinion? When did patriotism become a bad idea? 

like those super MAGA types who assaulted Capitol Police on January 6, and put 150+ in the hospital?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/8/2024 at 3:35 AM, Lacessit said:

I don't know if more will leave.

I do know the ones I meet here are all happy to be out of there.

That's because they are in LOS, a far better country in many aspects than the one they left. Thailand does not and likely never will agree that a man dressed as a woman is in fact a female. Nor have they, IMO, bought into "man made climate change", and are not spending millions they do not have to build cycle paths, or allowing millions of illegal immigrants into their country.

19 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Can't post links to social media sites like YouTube. Just Google it

If U tube is the only supporting site, one suspects it's made up. The onus is on posters making a claim of fact to prove it, or it isn't true.

I think perhaps, a more telling figure will be how many consider leaving say 3 years in to a possible second term, when the inevitable campaign for him to remain in office starts to swell!

Personally I suspect that American politics is going to take a very different turn if he is elected this November. Emasculated checks and balances, a subservient and certainly less representative (gerrymandered) congress, and the political mastery of the judiciary will change things...

Once he is back in, it will be very difficult to get rid of him - a line of succession will certainly be established. He will remain a political presence...

• Sad 1

On 3/8/2024 at 6:34 PM, retarius said:

But the sensible decent people are moving to places like Taxes and Florida that are gaining population while the Illinoises and Californications of the country are left to rot with illegals and minorities and Dumbocrats.  

Sadly, even the Dems are bailing those crapholes and moving to Texas and Florida, then trying to duplicate the conditions they just fled.  

On 3/9/2024 at 6:06 AM, MonteD said:

That's funny. You're trying to imply that to be a patriot you need to be MAGA. Just go ahead and drink the Koolade and get it over with. MAGA is a cult and it has nothing to do with patriotism. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If U tube is the only supporting site, one suspects it's made up. The onus is on posters making a claim of fact to prove it, or it isn't true.

Lots of bloggers are only on YouTube. It's not news, just their opinions and stories. Some are amazing. I follow many as they travel around the world. Not made up. But not pure news