OPINION: If Mr. Trump takes power will more Americans REALLY leave the US this time?

Jingthing

35 minutes ago, impulse said:

Sadly, even the Dems are bailing those crapholes and moving to Texas and Florida, then trying to duplicate the conditions they just fled.  

Crapholes? Turn off Fox News. California is a great state. Many are leaving as they look for cheaper places to live. And definitely not moving to Texas or Florida. Not the best places to live. And getting worse due to the state governments there

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Crapholes? Turn off Fox News. California is a great state. Many are leaving as they look for cheaper places to live. And definitely not moving to Texas or Florida. Not the best places to live. And getting worse due to the state governments there

It's a great place but you can't afford to to live there... 

The problem is the idiots fleeing the high cost and not seeing the connection between the policies they voted for and the high cost they're fleeing.  The connection between "compassionate" soft on crime policies and runaway crime.  The connection between "compassionate freebees" and unproductive residents.

• Haha 1

Just now, impulse said:

It's a great place but you can't afford to to live there... 

The problem is the idiots fleeing the high cost and not seeing the connection between the policies they voted for and the high cost they're fleeing.  The connection between "compassionate" soft on crime policies and runaway crime.  The connection between "compassionate freebees" and unproductive residents.

It has to do with the fact it's an amazing state and many want to live there. Simple economics. Higher demand and prices go up. Been happening for decades. Sadly, Faux News spins it divisively. Most Sadly, some fall for it...and actually like it. Americans hating Americans. Tough times in the US

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, both he and Stephen Miller have said that all undocumented people ( ~12 million with DACA) will be arrested, placed in concentration camps, and deported somewhere.

So, uhm, yea a lot of residents (admittedly not "citizens") will be leaving.

The Op-Ed piece is a bit silly. It mentions three people, one of whom already bought a hilltop villa in Tuscany. Maybe don't renounce citizenship too quickly.

5 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Well, both he and Stephen Miller have said that all undocumented people ( ~12 million with DACA) will be arrested, placed in concentration camps, and deported somewhere.

The Op-Ed piece is a bit silly. It mentions three people, one of whom already bought a hilltop villa in Tuscany. Maybe don't renounce citizenship too quickly.

They are all going to be shipped to New Zealand on cruse ships at the same time then turned loose in vast hoards lol just kidding trump ain’t gonna win we will get the immigration bill passed paying for enough judges and field workers to rule on the cases in a timely manner lawfully remanding the migrants to their home countries if asylum isn't warranted 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Steven Miller? He's a total nutter

• Agree 2

On 3/7/2024 at 11:12 PM, Prubangboy said:

Jingting is one of half a dozen posters here who inspired me to post here after a decade of lurking. So I don't want to derail his thread into  just laughing at Trump people here.

-PLUS, so much of their ardor feels weirdly performative. They hold armloads of fairly liberal positions on everything from healthcare to gun control. And then travel, which real republicans never do. Finally, they are very suspiciously Jesus-lite.

I've asked about this dozens of times, and they always turn into Marcel Marceau when pressed. I suspect that they are just lazy faux-contrarians.

Back on topic, ONLY liberals care about Thai culture or cultural anything. Conservatives are truly just here for the cheap noodles and willing women. As I tour Morocco, I am extremely unlikely to encounter a republican.

Liberals in general are more likely to be expats for that reason. Then pretend-conservatives like we find here, and then finally, ex-military who are likely to have some former connection to a place they expat to.

Ill debate you anytime lil fella

On 3/10/2024 at 8:24 AM, bamnutsak said:

I dont think they ever said "concentration camps". Of course thats a loaded term now for the history skimmers who forget how HH Kitchener invented them to cage the pesky Boer so its great to use in any comment about those of us, like Donald Trump, who think all illegals who did not claim asylum at a Port of Entry should be tossed. Nazis! Camps! 

That being said, I find that folks who stand up and screech  to the world that they are leaving a place "if" something happens are generally narcissistic members of the clueless classes who live for social media and think the world (other than their fans) gives a cowflop about them. We dont. If I dont know you I dont care where you live mate or why. Lookatmeeeeee and all the little drones turn to their phones and engage in a mass validation orgy while trolls say lookloookloooklook everywhere. Whoopthefukee and looky, even now Im responding.

Dont ever let a door hit you in the ass. Sorry you are unhappy, Im not.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I dont think they ever said "concentration camps".

Yes, correct. AFAIK.

They just use the word "camps", where undocumented persons will be concentrated to facilitate deportation.

I think we'll fall back to the more acceptable "Internment" Camps. That worked in WW2, but did still leave an indelible stain on our democracy.

5 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Ill debate you anytime lil fella

I no longer engage with TrumpTrash except to mock them. And that mini-urge is on a steep fade.

The greatest poster of all time here, ThaiBeachLover, is the reason why. Maybe I'll get into it, maybe I won't.

But a lightweight you aint fit to kiss his you know what. 

On 3/9/2024 at 4:41 PM, gargamon said:

That's funny. You're trying to imply that to be a patriot you need to be MAGA. Just go ahead and drink the Koolade and get it over with. MAGA is a cult and it has nothing to do with patriotism. 

Ok soy-boy, it’s obvious we have different versions of patriotism. 

Of course they won't leave. Who would take them?

Besides, they'll be too busy whining on here like they did after Brexit 😃.

Roll on November. I'll get my lifejacket ready for those Lib tears. 

17 minutes ago, MonteD said:

Perhaps the understanding of patriotism will negate the different view. 

Patriotism is defined as feeling of love, devotion and a sense of attachment to a country or state and not to a person. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MonteD said:

Ooh. Somebody learned a new word. Who explained it to your high school diploma'd(if you're lucky) educated mind? Like all the MAGA rubes, another simple and unsophisticated low-life. 

Soy boy is a pejorative term sometimes used in online communities to describe men perceived to be lacking masculine characteristics. The term bears many similarities and has been compared to the slang terms cuck (derived from cuckold), nu-male and low-T ("low testosterone") – terms sometimes used as an insult for male femininity by online communities.

Come on over, I'll show you how masculine I am.