Durability of Chinese EVs

5 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I think there is a higher chance of expensive legacy ICEVs going bankrupt in the next 5 yrs or so.

Which long road trip did you undertake that was a pain due to the lack of charging infrastructure? Or are you just repeating what you heard from equally uninformed ICE owners?

Unlikely that ICE manufacturers will go bankrupt in the next 5 years simply they have more fingers in their pies

EV slowdown they reduced the number of EV's coming off the production line and simply increase other production lines such as ICE including hybrid

One trick EV manufacturers their choices are limited cut price or try and export but export doors are closing soon USA and EU key examples they don't have the option of reducing output as they have no alternative products to sell

Toyota hikes annual profit forecast after Q3 beats expectations

Hikes full-year profit forecast by about 9% to 4.9 trillion yen

Toyota's Q3 operating profit surges almost 76%

Shares close up 4.8% after the announcement

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/toyota-posts-76-jump-q3-operating-profit-2024-02-06/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Plenty of posters with no experience of Chinese EVs, yet they are more than happy to advise you based on their extensive ignorance.

"I know nothing about Chinese EVs but I can tell you the range of an Isuzu MUX if that's helpful" (paraphrased) :clap2:

Plenty of posters with no experience of non Chinese EVs, yet they are more than happy to advise you based on their extensive ignorance.

Haven't seen a single forum member of this forum admitting to owning a Nissan Leaf EV but I have seen plenty of posts from the EV fanboys on this forum slagging off the Nissan Leaf EV yet no one owns one or not admitting owning one

@Maybole Durability of Chinese EVs impossible to answer since Chinese Ev's only available in Thailand in small numbers since 2019 if you want to look at Durability of EVs regardless of country of manufacturer suggest you look at Nissan Leaf and Tesla as both have been in use for the past 14 years not in Thailand but other countries

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Read the article driver stated battery malfunction

Last time I checked the M62 near Manchester isn't in Thailand 

So you’re telling us that that ev have battery actuated braking systems ?

Just now, HighPriority said:

So you’re telling us that that ev have battery actuated braking systems ?

I think your being deliberately obtuse if you read the article they driver stated Battery malfunction was displayed on the screen after that time the brakes failed to work when pressed

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

I’ve never seen you write something reasonable and objective before, are you ok or have you been hacked ?

My post count shows 4,000 it must have taken you weeks to read every single post 

• Confused 1

Just now, vinny41 said:

I think your being deliberately obtuse if you read the article they driver stated Battery malfunction was displayed on the screen after that time the brakes failed to work when pressed

I’m just asking questions… 

I don’t know how ev brakes work, from what you’re saying they are not mechanical like an ice vehicle they must be some sort of battery actuated system… that IS what you’re saying isn’t it ?

Youre not being obtuse now are you ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HighPriority said:

I’ve been around for a while and while I certainly don’t “follow” your particular line of dribble, it does at least seem to be consistent and that’s always a nice thing 👍🏼

But you seem to be a fan of my posts so enjoy there will be more in the future

5 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

To be honest, I find your postings deliberately uninformed and provocative and loaded with diversionary misinformation so I normally just scroll on by but when I see you blatantly posting <deleted> I’ll continue to call you out.

Probably best if you can find a niche I know nothing about.

I am not going to stop posting just for you and as to your opinion of my posts

as Tony Blair once said  am i bothered 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Irish star said:

I drove in an MG I thought I was Fred Flintstone, road noise my god 

Fred Flintstone? Yeah, shame about that but the Romans were much later with leather sandals. Much kinder to the feet!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

I am not going to stop posting just for you and as to your opinion of my posts

as Tony Blair once said  am i bothered 

I certainly wouldn’t expect you to stop posting on my behalf.

It would be nice if you stopped posting crappola, but that’s up to you…

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:
3 hours ago, FlorC said:

My Isuzu dmax from 2007 can get 1000- 1200 on 1 tank , depending on how I drive.

That's great news, fantastic! The bad news is that you are driving around in a noisy, dirty, smelly, uncomfortable, old fashioned, 17 year old pickup truck. Thanks for sharing.

The good news is that after 17 years he hasn't had to spend close to 1 million on a few battery changes

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, BenStark said:

The good news is that after 17 years he hasn't had to spend close to 1 million on a few battery changes

I guess we’ll just have wait and see how that pans out won’t we.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

I guess we’ll just have wait and see how that pans out won’t we.

No we don't, it is common knowledge already that the batteries don't last 17 years, much much less actually, and cost about half the value of the car to replace.

Even the manufacturers admit that, only you don't accept it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

No we don't, it is common knowledge already that the batteries don't last 17 years, much much less actually, and cost about half the value of the car to replace.

Even the manufacturers admit that, only you don't accept it

I don’t know where you get your numbers from, they seem like fools gold to me..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

I don’t know how ev brakes work

Now you know...at least a little bit. Straight from the EOW university, where I teach. You can sit next to LA and CR next time.

Some EVs use an electric vacuum pump, but others use electric motor-driven actuators which assist the driver's brake pedal input.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/motoring/torque-shop-how-do-brakes-of-evs-work#:~:text=Some EVs use an electric,brake pedal and master pump.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Now you know...at least a little bit. Straight from the EOW university, where I teach. You can sit next to LA and CR next time.

Some EVs use an electric vacuum pump, but others use electric motor-driven actuators which assist the driver's brake pedal input.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/motoring/torque-shop-how-do-brakes-of-evs-work#:~:text=Some EVs use an electric,brake pedal and master pump.

So it’s like the vacuume assisted brake systems that we grew up with.

If the ice engine dies you need to push the pedal harder, I’ll try to remember that.