Govt questions ranking of Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang in ‘Worst Airport’ list by UK publisher

webfact

Just now, digger70 said:

Govt questions ranking of Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang in ‘Worst Airport’ list by UK publisher.

Of course they would, They don't like to be Told that they are not thenbest.

They don't like to be criticized.

Why not let it be .

There seemed very much to be a reaction of shoot the messenger. I expect the day the transport to the new terminal failed was a bad day for the airport!

Clearly defamation. Lock the editor in jail!

Hang on, didn’t a bigwig inspect swampy twice and nothing had changed after his comments?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have found they make up for it with arrivals, and then some. No gate on arrival being a good example. Long immigration queues that have no priority lanes. And my passport never scans!

My PP scanned OK, you must look directly into the camera I realized.

19 hours ago, mran66 said:

Airport users' opinion is obviously wrong source of data for this kind of scoring, especially so if users are foreigners. 

The correct approach to score thai airports is for thai military to decide the score, and senate to vet it, as they know it best as representatives of Thai people

And to for scores of airports in other counties, only thai travelers publicly stated opinions count, assuming those publicly stated opinions are subject to thai laws. 

image.png.f721829d947654122b1eab469e9c1455.png

19 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Buses to and from gates are depends on the airline you fly with and not because of the airport.

The airlines have to pay extra if they don't use busses but the trunk.

The AOT charges for fingerport (trunk) use, it was $1,000 per use a few years ago, don't know how much now. 

18 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

BKK and DMK are not that bad.  Used to fly out of Kabul, Baghdad and Kuwait City back in the 200’0’s and those earned worst airport ratings everyday.

Yes, the World-class tourist destinations of Kabul, Baghdad, and Kuwait City need to get their acts together. 

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

Clearly defamation. Lock the editor in jail!

Hang on, didn’t a bigwig inspect swampy twice and nothing had changed after his comments?

Reckon nothing changed after his first visit, so he showed up unannounced a second time, to see the reality of what is going on. 

I am starting to like this new PM.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

I believe that if you go to the lowest level and walk through the tunnel leading to magic village street food you will pass male and female toilets, just descend around the middle of the airport and you will have to pass through the tunnel.

I know what you mean but that is not the lowest level. Go down one more to where the train arrives.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:38 AM, jacko45k said:

The UK KNOWS bad airports, we got several of them!

Exactly. Manchester airport particularly, imo. The only airport in the world (as far as I know) that charges for baggage trolleys..

<deleted>hole.

The government have been ignoring the huge problem at Suvarnabhumi for years....the immigration is a shambles with thousands of people queuing and half a dozen booths open. Disgraceful. And you want 100 million to visit. They will die of starvation and dehydration as they wait in the queues. If you want people to come make them feel welcome and have adequate staff to serve them. Tourism is a service industry, means that Thailand should make its desires subservient to the tourists, the customers. Piss them off and they won't come. Thailand is no longer cheap. 

19 hours ago, huangnon said:

Exactly. Manchester airport particularly, imo. The only airport in the world (as far as I know) that charges for baggage trolleys..

<deleted>hole.

The walk from the jetway to immigration seems like miles and is absolutely exhausting. But I reserve 'worst' for Heathrow..... and the dreaded "Connections Centre' or whatever it was. 

• Agree 1

What a donkey. Perhaps smiling donkey’s mate? Embrace it, old dude. Why would these airports be on such a list? It would hardly be vindictive. We are not allowed to do stuff like that in the west anymore. Perhaps, shock horror, those airports really are poor? These things are based on criteria like average queue length (lol), immigration effectiveness (lol), facilities (mmm), duty free (lol), gates & buses (lol) etc etc. Don Mueang is ancient and Suvarnabhumi was always unfinished. Neither is a hub and neither is fantastical.