Swiss man who allegedly assaulted Thai doctor faces additional charges

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

Once deported, am sure his wife will stay to look after the elephant business, 

They are not married 

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Seems like: Better not dig too deep on how he got that one

As far as i know... and i remember reading it many years ago. As a foreigner you are not permitted to have a gun in your presence, household, or on your person. i may be wrong. 

Foreign Ownership:

Non-Thai citizens are not permitted to own firearms in Thailand, emphasizing local control over firearm possession.

https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-law/are-guns-legal-in-thailand/

Found this when searching online. Clearly it says you can not have access to control a firearm. Meaning it can not be in your household giving you control over it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said that the Swiss national, whose visa was revoked yesterday, will face charges of illegal possession of firearms and carrying firearms in public.

It's not unusual for police to "pile on" additional charges to get an accused to plea bargain. But that's not the case here.

The Swiss citizen lied about the attack knowingly captured on video, lied about being the villa owner, rejected low bail, rejected making an apology, showed no remorse for his attack, and chose jail instead. He wants to go "hard" and the authorities appear to meet his challenge in return. Likely more charges will be brought regardless of whether they are fully investigated, coming with 10 to 20 years jail. Thai authorities do seem to prefer confessions.

It will be interesting to see how supportive the Swiss embassy will be in his defence instead of just having him quickly deported.  

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Link please.

To what? You have the news article above! Should we link to the same page?

Another possibility might be that you did not understand the joke and fun of what you quoted.

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

The link is the OP, and it came from the Thai PBS, whose link is also there.

Yes it says he was "Holding" Carrying them in Public, but When and Where, the women who were assaulted never mentioned He was carrying a gun.

12 hours ago, S Mart said:

I’m sorry but any man that beats up any woman such as this Swiss #2 Coward did should be publicly horse whipped and sent back to Switzerland ASAP. What a worthless human this derelict is. Anyone that defends this coward is cut from the same cloth. Go with him good riddance.

But, what to do with all the Thai man that beats up the woman?

To where to send? Also Switzerland? I think that country will be to small.....

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, zakalwe said:

Not just 1 handgun, but 2 handguns. David does like to double down in everything he does.

His attitude got him to the altitude very quickly, a stupid man who's head is to big for his shoulders, he might enjoy some time in the Hilton to reflect on his behavior, probably banned from LOS for life, Som Num NA

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, thesetat said:

As far as i know... and i remember reading it many years ago. As a foreigner you are not permitted to have a gun in your presence, household, or on your person. i may be wrong. 

Foreign Ownership:

Non-Thai citizens are not permitted to own firearms in Thailand, emphasizing local control over firearm possession.

https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-law/are-guns-legal-in-thailand/

Found this when searching online. Clearly it says you can not have access to control a firearm. Meaning it can not be in your household giving you control over it. 

Not 100% sure but I think non thais can own a pistol if it is registered,bought through the police or documents are submitted through police upon applying to buy and ammo and gun must be locked in separate areas of their property.

It is only able for use of target shooting as the reason , so unless some armed lunatic is trying to shoot someone in your property then a non Thai cannot fire the gun without being in trouble and even a Thai with a registered gun shooting at someone trying to enter their home or shooting at them in their home has to have very good reason for using it . 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, S Mart said:

I’m sorry but any man that beats up any woman such as this Swiss #2 Coward did should be publicly horse whipped and sent back to Switzerland ASAP. What a worthless human this derelict is. Anyone that defends this coward is cut from the same cloth. Go with him good riddance.

NOOO  deportation is to good for him>
1 year in phuket jail an than kicked out

permission to posses the firearm's was signed by......

wait for it

Thalang police official<
whom he originally clamed he did not know anyone there   

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

It's not unusual for police to "pile on" additional charges to get an accused to plea bargain. But that's not the case here.

The Swiss citizen lied about the attack knowingly captured on video, lied about being the villa owner, rejected low bail, rejected making an apology, showed no remorse for his attack, and chose jail instead. He wants to go "hard" and the authorities appear to meet his challenge in return. Likely more charges will be brought regardless of whether they are fully investigated, coming with 10 to 20 years jail. Thai authorities do seem to prefer confessions.

It will be interesting to see how supportive the Swiss embassy will be in his defence instead of just having him quickly deported.  

Wrong man, you are commenting on an entirely different incident not relevant to this thread

30 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

So, not only does this swiss pos violently attack defenceless women from behind, and holds up ambulances in traffic giving them the middle finger, but he's also a gun-nut, carrying illegal firearms

If I was living in a beachfront property in Phuket, I would probably own illegal firearms too.

Edited by Xonax

6 hours ago, webfact said:

‘Kicking’ Swiss Man Hit Again For Holding Registered Pistols
by TNR Staff

image.jpeg

Mr Urs Fehr clasping his hands in a wai and his Thai wife. Photo: Matichon

THE SWISS man whose visa was revoked after he allegedly kicking a female doctor as she sat on the stairs leading from his villa to Cape Yamu beach in Phuket was hit with another charge of holding two registered pistols because gun ownership is restricted to Thai citizens, Naewna newspaper said this afternoon (Mar. 8).

Mr. Urs Fehr, or David, 45, allegedly kicked Dr. Thandao Chandam, attached to Dibuk Hospital, as she sat on the stairs watching the moon on the night of Feb. 29.

After former Democrat Party MP  Mr. Watchara Phetthong urged the Interior Ministry to revoke the licence for two pistols Urs held, Deputy Prime Minister-cum-Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said foreigners do not have the right to hold firearms and this is wrong from the start.

“No need to go to the revocation stage, this is considered as adding another charge, previously he was hit with being a social danger which is already heavy,” Anutin said.

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-03-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Ah. Anutin is on a roll. This one being Swiss. Dirty foreigners.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

If the guns were registered who to. Not him presumably as a farang would not get a gun licence.

But he did get a licence which is now revoked and an investigation is ongoing as to how he got it when as you correctly say foreigners are not allowed to own guns. Police corruption seems likely

4 hours ago, ukrules said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

charge of holding two registered pistols because gun ownership is restricted to Thai citizens

This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of.

He had a permit, was it in his name or his wifes name I wonder? Does it matter?

What if my wife had a gun with a permit - is that mine too?

The permit(s) were almost certainly in his wife's name. If he was dumb enough to keep a handgun in his car, then doesn't matter whether it was in her name or his name, there'll be charges of unlawful carry of a weapon in public and - if the registered owner of the gun isn't in the car at the time - charges of unlawful possession.

If the guns were in the house then it's a grey area: if the house or the rental contract isn't in the name of the registered owner of said guns, then I can see police charging for unlawful possession.

Gun permits don't actually specify the location where the guns are to be kept but it is implied that it will be the registered owner's address as per their ID card/tabian ban, which is put on the permit. Since his wife isn't from Phuket likely that the address on the permits was another province. (As an aside, the penalty for failing to advise a change of address is only THB 500 ...)

The fact that the article talks about carry charges suggests guns were in a vehicle.

Gun ownership by foreigners is a grey area: outside Bangkok it's very challenging and even in Bangkok these days it may not be possible. The key requirement was always to have a tabian ban because that means having a 13-digit Thai ID number and a work permit, so basically meaning people with Permanent Residency.