Swiss man who allegedly assaulted Thai doctor faces additional charges

snoop1130

12 hours ago, advancebooking said:

He clearly has mental health issues and scary that he owns guns. Surely deportation back to Zurich first class is on the cards. 

Perhaps a little jail time up front as an extra deterrent to him if he is in any way considering a clandestine return. 
First class? A definite no. Perhaps the seat right at the back in front of the toilet with no seat reclining option. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, damian said:

But the relish the locals, including the authorites and press, are taking in beating him to a pulp is truly gut churning. 

I cannot imagine this has been as publicized as it has, and gone on as long as it has, without the authorities (read government) approval. What they are doing, what the game is ... up2Y to figure that out. 

As for our local crowd AN crowd who pile in, denouncing the crud, who somehow think this makes them different than the swiss miscreants. Yes, In their own eyes definitely yes, but I'm thinking the Somchai on the soi does not see it the same way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

because gun ownership is restricted to Thai citizens, Naewna newspaper said this afternoon (Mar. 8).

Maybe Naewna should learn the law before making false claims, since foreigners are allowed  to own and register guns.

http://thailawforum.com/database1/thailand-gun-law.html

https://youtu.be/2qtN6QCqv0Y?feature=shared

Look onwards from 2:13 minute

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stevenl said:

He has probably his house taken away, it wouldn't surprise me if he will be separated from his other possessions including money.

Why would the house that he rents be "taken away"?   Why would his other possessions including money be confiscated?  Sure is some  nonsense posted here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Not sure about that first class. He has probably his house taken away, it wouldn't surprise me if he will be separated from his other possessions including money.

I would seat him in the last row of Economy, the one closest to all toilets, so he can enjoy the 12 hours ride, and being the last one to disembark.

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

a stupid man who's head is to big for his shoulders, 

Literally. He looks like he is looking into the back of a shiny spoon.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said that the Swiss national, whose visa was revoked yesterday, will face charges of illegal possession of firearms and carrying firearms in public.

As my mama use to say, "Stupid is as stupid does."

• Haha 1

Not sure about that first class. He has probably his house taken away, it wouldn't surprise me if he will be separated from his other possessions including money.

Not his house a renter

• Like 2

2 hours ago, impulse said:

That's the problem.  He had a permit.  Years ago, some of my foreign workmates also had gun permits.  Apparently, those permits shouldn't have been issued.  But I hardly blame the guys who had them.  I'd look into who issued them.

Foreigners used to be able to obtain gun licences but the regulations were changed to forbid it a few years ago.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

I cannot imagine this has been as publicized as it has, and gone on as long as it has, without the authorities (read government) approval. What they are doing, what the game is ... up2Y to figure that out. 

As for our local crowd AN crowd who pile in, denouncing the crud, who somehow think this makes them different than the swiss miscreants. Yes, In their own eyes definitely yes, but I'm thinking the Somchai on the soi does not see it the same way.

Bingo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, tandor said:

Correct me if Im wrong...but i read a few days ago here from one of the News feeds, that this guy had kick BOTH women!

You are getting confused with another Swiss tosspot !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronster said:

Not 100% sure but I think non thais can own a pistol if it is registered,bought through the police or documents are submitted through police

Foreigners are not permitted to own firearms and registering/licencing them is not possible, regardless of the intended purpose.  If it was permitted for target shooting every foreigner who just wanted a gun would suddenly take up target shooting as a hobby!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

Have you not seen the photos of what he did to the Thai lady? The Swiss man should be jailed in Thailand where I am sure he will soon regret his actions, once time is done then deport him. To say "even the Swiss do not deserve this" is imo you  justifying his actions.

The photos are of a woman beaten by ANOTHER Swiss tosspot in a different case altogether - this is about the Swiss who kicked the Thai lady doctor who was sitting on the steps outside his rented villa.

• Like 1