Biden projects a vision of strength that’s been missing from his presidency

Social Media

He must have had a huge infusion of Red Bull (or some drug) before making this appearance which was very uncharacteristic as Americans have noticed a steady decline in his mental and physical condition during the past three years. This was the most partisan State of Union speech I have heard in my lifetime and it was delivered by an angry old man. Very disappointing but not really surprised.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Searat7 said:

He must have had a huge infusion of Red Bull (or some drug) before making this appearance which was very uncharacteristic as Americans have noticed a steady decline in his mental and physical condition during the past three years. This was the most partisan State of Union speech I have heard in my lifetime and it was delivered by an angry old man. Very disappointing but not really surprised.

What happened to sleepy Joe? That talking point has been replaced by allegations of excessive partisanship.  When he said he'd stop bills that restricted abortion was that partisan as well?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Despite what Trump and Fox News are claiming,  statistics are showing a declining crime trend in the U.S.

Violent crime is dropping fast in the U.S. — even if Americans don't believe it

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/12/1229891045/police-crime-baltimore-san-francisco-minneapolis-murder-statistics#:~:text=In cities big and small,own analysis of public data.

Crime in America is down, rudely interfering with GOP narrative that it's out of control

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2023/12/20/crime-murder-violence-down-biden-fox-news/71974355007/

There are lies,damn lies and statistics,politicians are trying to tell everyone that crime is down(just like unemployment),if crime isn't reported the numbers go down,numbers are always fiddled to suit the agenda of the ruling party.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, candide said:

Despite what Trump and Fox News are claiming,  statistics are showing a declining crime trend in the U.S.

Violent crime is dropping fast in the U.S. — even if Americans don't believe it

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/12/1229891045/police-crime-baltimore-san-francisco-minneapolis-murder-statistics#:~:text=In cities big and small,own analysis of public data.

Crime in America is down, rudely interfering with GOP narrative that it's out of control

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2023/12/20/crime-murder-violence-down-biden-fox-news/71974355007/

Tell NY's gov. that.

11 minutes ago, cmjl said:

There are lies,damn lies and statistics,politicians are trying to tell everyone that crime is down(just like unemployment),if crime isn't reported the numbers go down,numbers are always fiddled to suit the agenda of the ruling party.

So cities and states are lying about crime to help Joe Biden?

Sounds like Conspiracy Theory to me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Tell NY's gov. that.

I am certainly not claiming that there are no problems in the NYC subway. However, it's not representative of the general trend in NYC ( see Danderman's post) and in the U.S. ( see my post).

Sorry guys! Trump and Fox News are lying again!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Powerful speech.

If this  Biden shows up at the debates, he will wipe the floor with trump, 

In fact I am sure trump will find an excuse not to participate , as he did with the republican debates 

IF Biden is way ahead in the polls, he won't debate Trump. No reason to.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

IF Biden is way ahead in the polls, he won't debate Trump. No reason to.

There are a few things I don't like about biden/ Ukraine is one. But he is the only viable option. 

I would also suggest that if he is way ahead in the poles, he would not,

But Biden is a fighter, I think he would  relish the idea to take trump out on the woodshed, like he did last time they met. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Why does biden always scowl and squint his eyes? I tried watching the speech but it's painful listening to joe talk.

In this regard he's no different to any human being.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

This was the first ever SOTU where the opponent in the general election was known by the incumbent president. So, Biden could hone his attacks specifically at Trump.

Sorry you didn't understand that.

Or, rather, the people sending you the talking points didn't tell you.

I did understand that as most people would, nothing magic in that point, very straight forward. You way under estimate the populace. 

By the way your words "sorry you didn't understand that" could be seen as insulting. That doesn't win me and I suspect large numbers of other voters.Too smart for your own good.

In debates both candidates teams can build pictures of strong / weak points etc., linked to current events / activities etc. Nothing different here.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Approaching the election date I seriously doubt that either Biden or the unhinged fascist will be way ahead in the polls.

Trump "demanding" debates is a bluff.

He's scared <deleted>less without one of his bountiful diapers of actually debating Biden as Trump's mental decline has been dramatic and rapid.

I've never had any doubt that fightin' Joe Biden wouldn't debate Trump but I do think once concrete proposals are made Trump will come up with excuses why it is rigged. 

my guess is that Trump will slowly sink in the polls until after Labor Day.

and then the news will report that "Trump is catching up", while the seasoned politicos explain that Trump really isn't catching up.

The "catching up" will mostly be reported by journalists who have never covered a presidential campaign before. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/9/2024 at 11:11 AM, Social Media said:

In his recent State of the Union address, President Joe Biden strategically projected an image of strength and vigor, aiming to dispel concerns about his age and demonstrate his readiness for a potential reelection campaign in 2024. The 81-year-old president seized the opportunity to present himself as a forceful leader, leveraging every word and gesture to convey a sense of robustness and authority.

LOL.

Amazing how perception varies depending on the amount of support one has for Biden.

I watched it all, and IMO it was a slightly pathetic attempt to present himself as a forceful leader.

IMO it was like seeing a small dog chasing a moving car that could crush it if it got too close to the wheels.

I do so hope that he agrees to debate Trump, without his ever present teleprompter.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Did you actually watch the speech, or are you just posting talking points your internet friends sent to you?

I did watch the entire speech, despite an overwhelming boredom with doing so, and I agree with the poster you are attempting to negate. I had much sympathy for the GOP that had to sit through it, without openly laughing at it.

NB, the Speaker didn't rip up the speech in a public display of petulance.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So cities and states are lying about crime to help Joe Biden?

Sounds like Conspiracy Theory to me.

Did I say that? What I said was that most politicians use terminological inexactitudes to suit their own ends and it doesn't matter whether they're Democrats or Republicans in the US (the same thing also applies to the rest of the western world)

13 minutes ago, cmjl said:

Did I say that? What I said was that most politicians use terminological inexactitudes to suit their own ends and it doesn't matter whether they're Democrats or Republicans in the US (the same thing also applies to the rest of the western world)

So, you don't think the national, state and local crime statistics are fake?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, steevjee said:

LOL, if you are trying to promote Trump as a better leader then you are indeed a foolish and unintelligent member of the Human Race

If being anti joe and his border and bidenomics fiascos is considered as promoting trump... then so be it... joe has failed the American population for 50 years   

• Like 1
  • Confused 2