British couple in Pattaya tell tales of Britain’s luxurious pet hotel

webfact

"We fell in love with Thailand", they say.

Where have we heard the same refrain, before, over and over again...until....

They change their tune.

(Farang always change their tune.)

THANK GOODNESS, FARANG CAN'T TALK!!!!!!

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In related news, Happy Doggo and Soi Dog Foundation have joined forces to tackle Asia’s stray animal crisis head-on with a colossal campaign.

I've not seen (or heard) any improvement in the pitiful lives of soi dogs.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“We fell in love with Thailand – the climate, the food, the people.”

The order given here is of importance.

I'm really frustrated with Thai people and dogs. They have a really cruel indifference to seeing their suffering on daily basis.

Just last week the stray dog which the security dogs took in got hit by a car. It got badly injured and may die. Very sad but did any of them care when it was running around chasing cars? No of course not. Dogs can't survive without people so it's their own fault this happened. They would never let their kids run around the road but they don't care enough about dogs apparently.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Just last week the stray dog which the security dogs took in got hit by a car. It got badly injured and may die. Very sad but did any of them care when it was running around chasing cars? No of course not

It's funny how ownership of a soi dog is a transient thing. A couple of years ago my wife was driving back from the province in a hire car. A dog ran out in front of the car and was struck by the bumper. Luckily for the dog, the bumper did its job by destroying itself and the dog lived to chase another day.

The "owner" of the dog was soon on the scene telling everyone who would listen that it was her poor dog. After the police arrived and concluded that my wife was not at fault, the matter of the damage to the car was brought up. Suddenly it wasn't her dog, she just feeds it from time to time. Her dog that is free to chase cars cost me around 10k baht all in all for a single day, which is probably more than she will spend on it throughout its life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, 17 years and counting. So a pretty pointless post from you, don't you agree?

I totally agree with you Bangkok Barry. (Mother taught me, if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all).

• Thanks 2

No doubt these weirdos will fill their home up with more pets and be feeding soi dogs due to their 'passion' for wildlife and conservation, you can bet your life they are both meat eaters!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

They change their tune.

should we assume from how you distanced yourself from "farangs" in your post that you're not a farang? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

The order given here is of importance.

I'm really frustrated with Thai people and dogs. They have a really cruel indifference to seeing their suffering on daily basis.

Just last week the stray dog which the security dogs took in got hit by a car. It got badly injured and may die. Very sad but did any of them care when it was running around chasing cars? No of course not. Dogs can't survive without people so it's their own fault this happened. They would never let their kids run around the road but they don't care enough about dogs apparently.

Agreed  it's disgusting and I can't stand their cavalier attitude towards dogs. In a situation now because they "love" their dog but too poor to get her fixed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

They change their tune.

I moved here in 2005.

when will my tune change ?

3 hours ago, Woof999 said:

The "owner" of the dog was soon on the scene telling everyone who would listen that it was her poor dog. After the police arrived and concluded that my wife was not at fault, the matter of the damage to the car was brought up. Suddenly it wasn't her dog, she just feeds it from time to time. Her dog that is free to chase cars cost me around 10k baht all in all for a single day, which is probably more than she will spend on it throughout its life.

Exactly the problem. I couldn't bear to have a dog rescue in Thailand knowing how the locals would be working against you in every regard.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Happy Doggo and Soi Dog Foundation have joined forces to tackle Asia’s stray animal crisis head-on with a colossal campaign.

Wow , What in Satans name can they do ,The government of Thailand have a Care factor of Zero what other people think or want to do .

The only thing that's Proven te work is Culling the Vermin and make Animal owners  Register and tag the animals .

If they stray off the property and roam on the Roads A  Catcher takes them in to the pound and the owner can get them back for a FEE They hold them in the pound for a week ,

After that. Put to Sleep Forever.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, roo860 said:

I believe an elephant sanctuary might be up for grabs.

Yes, but there is only one elephant, the rest where hired and would be returning to there owner in Surin !

• Love It 1

A lot of western countries have a great love of animals in general and their own pets. They are looked after properly ( with some nasty exceptions) and there is plenty of free help from vets and SPAs . Nothing like this exists in Thailand, except soi dog , and Thais don’t have this love of animals. I’ve seen some horrific sick dogs wandering the roads and no one gives a damn. They need putting out of their misery immediate. Start on a campaign with advertising to promote sterilization, where everyone who lives in a soi where there are packs of sometimes dangerous dogs  , can contact them and maybe donate to sterilization. Thais are not very good at promoting worthy causes .

13 hours ago, off road pat said:

Yes, but there is only one elephant, the rest where hired and would be returning to there owner in Surin !

To be controlled using metal pointed sticks and made to work for the food, and tethered on short chains. 

13 hours ago, geisha said:

A lot of western countries have a great love of animals in general and their own pets. They are looked after properly ( with some nasty exceptions) and there is plenty of free help from vets and SPAs . Nothing like this exists in Thailand, except soi dog , and Thais don’t have this love of animals. I’ve seen some horrific sick dogs wandering the roads and no one gives a damn. They need putting out of their misery immediate. Start on a campaign with advertising to promote sterilization, where everyone who lives in a soi where there are packs of sometimes dangerous dogs  , can contact them and maybe donate to sterilization. Thais are not very good at promoting worthy causes .

And probably others.

https://wvsthailand.org/en/