Rayong dog owners seek justice as death toll of dog poisoning hits 36

On 3/11/2024 at 6:03 AM, thesetat said:

My guess is someone got tired of being harassed by them. 

On 3/11/2024 at 3:46 PM, AgMech Cowboy said:

And bitten...

Or constantly aroused from their slumbers in the small hours by the sounds of canine barking and howling.

On 3/12/2024 at 6:55 AM, sirineou said:

Yea I also thought it would add fuel to the inevitable Thai bashing fire as I was writing my response but I thought it was a point that needed to be made, which is why I added  " Or can't afford it" .

As I said we have five resques, and would have more if we had the room. because our heart breaks when we see these abandoned puppies . Dogs have the capacity for love and the  mentality of a very young child, 

Throwing them in the street is like throwing in the street a young child. Who would do that? 

IMO it takes a stone cold heart. I would be highly suspect of any person who could do that. 

The last puppies we rescued , and who turned out to to be the smartest and best dog I ever had in my life. Seriously!! if she was a human she would be a genius, she can think circles around all the other dogs to the point that we laugh. 

Anyway she followed us home and stuck her head troughs a hole in our sliding gate, and sat there looking  at us with this big sad puppy eyes while we played with the other dogs. . Finally I broke down and told the wide, "All right let her in" 

I agree and am an advocate of a goverment subsidized program,  I have seen it done in other countries with similar dog population problem with great success. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/13/health/playing-with-dogs-affects-brain-waves-study-wellness/index.html

30 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

It seems that playing with strings has a sim milar tough confusing

affect 

image.png.c1a52250d32bdc96dac46b56925186ba.png

:cheesy:

Sorry I could not resist , the above  picture was right in the middle of the dog article. I like the guy in the back with the baseball hat. 

"The good news is that after adjusting for variables such as sex, income, marital status, presence of children in the home, and income, dog owners had a 20 percent lower mortality rate than non-owners."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animals-and-us/202402/will-getting-a-pet-make-you-live-longer#:~:text=The good news is that,mortality rate than non-owners.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It seems that playing with strings has a sim milar tough confusing

affect 

image.png.c1a52250d32bdc96dac46b56925186ba.png

:cheesy:

Sorry I could not resist , the above  picture was right in the middle of the dog article. I like the guy in the back with the baseball hat. 

"The good news is that after adjusting for variables such as sex, income, marital status, presence of children in the home, and income, dog owners had a 20 percent lower mortality rate than non-owners."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animals-and-us/202402/will-getting-a-pet-make-you-live-longer#:~:text=The good news is that,mortality rate than non-owners.

Yeah , I just read it .... even there is no prof of extended longevity of pet owners , I am sure that there is a beneficial effect on their mental health .

When i first came to live in Thailand, every night sleep was disrupted by dogs barking in the street. If i had a gun, i might have used it. One night, i heard a gunshot. we got about a week of peace after that. Even Thai's patience snaps. Eventually one dog returned, limping. But they were a bit subdued after that.

On average we would see one dog/bike attack about once a week. Eventually a woman was injured when she fell off; the Puijai baan then ordered all dogs to be locked up at night. Now barking is about 25% of what it used to be. Still get dogs around in the day and too many bins ransacked.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2024 at 3:46 AM, webfact said:

Somjit Palapol, a durian farmer, claims that his 19 dogs were poisoned on March 6, 17 of which died.

Was it a durian farm , or a dog farm that also had durian? 

• 2 weeks later...