No Pheu Thai MPs To Skip House Meeting To See Thaksin: Chief Govt Whip

webfact

image.jpeg

NO PHEU THAI MPs would skip a House meeting to see de facto party boss-cum-convict on parole Thaksin Shinawatra in Chiang Mai on the upcoming Thursday, said chief government whip Wisut Chainarun today (Mar. 11).

The chief government whip confirmed he has already instructed all Pheu Thai MPs including those representing northern constituencies to not skip Thursday’s House meeting only to travel to the northern province to see the deposed prime minister in person.

Wisut said he is not expecting any current Pheu Thai MPs to prefer to desert their legislative duties at parliament for that reason though former lawmakers of the ruling party may do so.

Granted parole without an EM ankle bracelet, Thaksin is reportedly scheduled to leave Bangkok for Chiang Mai from Thursday until Saturday to see his relatives and pay homage to a stupa with remains of his forebears in his northern home province.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

De facto Pheu Thai boss Thaksin Shinawatra. Photo: Thai Rath

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-03-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

de facto party boss-cum-convict on parole  

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-03-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

"De facto party boss-cum-convict on parole"

Isn't it time to drop the needless preface regarding articles about or concerning Thaksin Shinawatra?

It's so childish.

Joe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

NO PHEU THAI MPs would skip a House meeting to see de facto party boss-cum-convict on parole Thaksin Shinawatra in Chiang Mai on the upcoming Thursday, said chief government whip Wisut Chainarun today (Mar. 11).

They won't be game to stay away when the BOSS is coming into the Office.

Give up the Big Criminal ex MP Convict Title  

Call a Horse a Horse In his case  just . T,S

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Why? 'De facto party boss-cum-convict on parole' is an accurate title.

He committed real / serious crimes and was convicted and sentenced to jail. It wasn't a kangaroo court in any way. 

I don't hear or see you complaining about all the generals walking around freely, without be charged with the crime of treason, by virtue of stealing the whole of Thailand by way of a military coup.

That is a far greater crime that any that Thaksin is alleged to have committed.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Why? 'De facto party boss-cum-convict on parole' is an accurate title.

He committed real / serious crimes and was convicted and sentenced to jail. It wasn't a kangaroo court in any way. 

Really? Justifying your opposition to his treatment by name-calling is your go-to strategy ?

Just so juvenile.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I don't hear or see you complaining about all the generals walking around freely, without be charged with the crime of treason, by virtue of stealing the whole of Thailand by way of a military coup.

That is a far greater crime that any that Thaksin is alleged to have committed.

To the poster who posted a confused emoji.

Please respond to this post and explain what is confusing you. I may be able to explain it better if you tell me why you are confused.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

And you obviously haven't read the response I've given numerous times to your point, which you have submitted more times than one can count.

One last time:  Yes the generals should be charged tried and punished. 

You are almost correct when you say "Yes the generals should be charged tried and punished".

However they have NEVER been punished, yet Thaksin has, for a far lesser crime.

Now why would that be, and why are you not complaining about that?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

You are almost correct when you say "Yes the generals should be charged tried and punished".

However they have NEVER been punished, yet Thaksin has, for a far lesser crime.

Now why would that be, and why are you not complaining about that?

One more time and I'll frame it as a complaint from society(however some Thai folks don't see the generals actions as a  serious crime). Why Because in the tenure of the generals there was relative calm on the streets in the view of many Thais.

No I won't be engaging you on this point.

Yes the generals should be charged, tried and punished, but I cannot personally do that, maybe you can???

Bye.

• Agree 1