Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Visa Runs - 6 seater van for 3,700 baht (Cambodia Visa Run)

bbi1

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

And you need to make your way to the bus terminal on Theppasit Rd, Jomtien to be able to take that bus. I'd rather not waste an extra few hours which includes going to the Jomtien bus terminal, buying a bus ticket then having to wait a few hours till the bus leaves due to so many other people also wanting to take the cheap bus.

Then you need to do the same at the airport to come back to Pattaya and I've seen the queues for the bus line to buy a bus ticket to Pattaya at the airport. It's ridiculously so long.

I'd rather just pay the 1k each way and get a comfy car to and from the airport door-to-door, without all the hassles, all the people and all the time wasted. That's what I keep doing each & every single time I need to make a trip to the airport or from the airport to Pattaya.

Hang on, your not going by air so youd rather all day in the flying coffin than waiting for the bus, ( by the way you can book). I have used it many times, never had to wait more than 1 departure. More bitching APU! 

4 hours ago, Fujionrye said:

Jomtien bus to the airport is 150 baht

As I said earlier, I'd rather spend 1k for a comfy car to take me door-to-door without wasting hours just waiting to get on the Jomtien bus and sharing it with 30 other folks.

2 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

Got a mate staying in Pratumnak - he pays 2,600 thb for border bounce - all in, including pick up / drop off and lunch.

Books on Line app.

Good price. Is it a 6 seater van?

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Hang on, your not going by air so youd rather all day in the flying coffin than waiting for the bus, ( by the way you can book). I have used it many times, never had to wait more than 1 departure. More bitching APU! 

If I'm going by air for a border bounce, I have to get a 4:30am car to the airport and arrive back around 10pm at night. Imagine the nightmare of trying to be cheap and spend a few extra hours waiting for a bus at Jomtien and at the airport on the way back. No way it could be done in a day stuffing around with the cheapo 150 baht bus both ways.

• Sad 1

On 3/14/2024 at 10:20 AM, bbi1 said:

For the people that have used them in the past, why are they now completely not booked out and don't even have anyone booked in for next week, not even one customer for nearly all of next week?

I'm guessing here, but could it be as simple as the time of the year?

High season is over, the snowbirds depart. Tourist visa and visa exempt entries can be extended, so only people who want to stay longer than 90 or 60 days need to embark on a border run. Some prefer to make it a real holiday by air.

18 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Who says you need to be an old to retire? Plenty of younger folks who can retire without working.

How does one retire if never having worked? 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, bbi1 said:

As I said earlier, I'd rather spend 1k for a comfy car to take me door-to-door without wasting hours just waiting to get on the Jomtien bus and sharing it with 30 other folks.

Sure, but did you know you can take a bus? From Jomtien? For 150 baht? 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Fujionrye said:

I like to close my eyes and pretend I'm sitting in a comfy car driving to the airport and not sitting on bus full of smelly people.

I guess that's what you had to do when you can't afford the 1k for a private car to the airport and 1k for a journey back.

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

How does one retire if never having worked? 

I should've been more specific. I meant without having to work illegally in Thailand, because they've already worked in their home country and saved enough to live on in Thailand, but can't get a retirement visa due to age discrimination.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I should've been more specific. I meant without having to work illegally in Thailand, because they've already worked in their home country and saved enough to live on in Thailand, but can't get a retirement visa due to age discrimination.

Thais with a decent job retire at 60, Thailand is being very generous allowing farangy's to retire here at 50., I would have thought...🤗

1 minute ago, transam said:

Thais with a decent job retire at 60, Thailand is being very generous allowing farangy's to retire here at 50., I would have thought...🤗

Didn't the Philippines allow anyone to get a retirement visa at 35 years old? As far as you have the money, who cares what age you retire at.

11 hours ago, bbi1 said:

You probably can't get a marriage extension in some cases due to gender discrimination. It is what it is. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You probably can't get a marriage extension in some cases due to gender discrimination. It is what it is. 

Rightly so. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2024 at 11:11 AM, bbi1 said:

Costs 1k to the airport & 1k back to Pattaya by a private taxi service. That's 2k spent. Add the cost of flights, visas for neighbouring countries, etc. and it's easily double a van trip. I know, I've done the flying trip a few times in the past.

So you can NOT afford to retire in Thailand... 555

4 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

I just got the info - 9 seater V.I.P.

Friend was very happy with the service.

What's VIP about a 9 seater? That's the standard packed like a sardine van.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

What's VIP about a 9 seater? That's the standard packed like a sardine van.

No idea.

I personally don't use border run services / agents in Thailand, nor have any vested interests in either.

I drive everywhere myself and make my own way here, as I have done for many Years.

Depending on means and perspective, one might ask what's V.I.P. about any minibus ride, regardless of seating configuration.

You asked me a direct question, and I'm reiterating information that I went out of my way to ask my friend to send me, so that I could answer you, without agenda.

Is that enough of an explanation for you ?

I do hope so.