Quadruple Whiskey & Coke..

56 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Bob,   I'm on my third bottle already and another one will be cracked open real soon ...... I'm listening to Luciano Pavarotti & Barry White - my first, my last, my everything .... brilliant voices  !!!!

image.png.c7ffe39e59666a5d8c19c6a7447ae623.png

I'll be careful walking past Hillside Condo tonight Steven, don't want an empty Leo on my head!🙃🙃

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

pretty much everything.

sadly the peruvian flake is far too expensive out here..

bob.

I want some of that . Good stuff , especially the pink ones ...  ( still remember from my ' high times ' )

Never seen that here in Thailand ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

That’s somewhat different then…

The close Thai friends I have I trust implicitly, just as I do my close non-Thai friends…. Perhaps because it’s clear there is no hidden resentment or underlying (unfounded) judgement (& we also rip the pi$$ out of each other). 

Sure Dicky.....

I'm sure they have a right good laugh at your expense when you do a frank....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Bob,   I'm on my third bottle already and another one will be cracked open real soon ...... I'm listening to Luciano Pavarotti & Barry White - my first, my last, my everything .... brilliant voices  !!!!

image.png.c7ffe39e59666a5d8c19c6a7447ae623.png

Pavarotti and Jones singing Delilah. On YouTube.

I prefer to drink once or twice a mounth on a social outing but nothing more. Excessive or reglar alcohool boozing makes people into brainless veggies, unable to control or to think in their minds. And they don't even realise that they are going to their doom. Sad as most of the falang drunks in Thailand are just lonely souls trying to forget their past in the west.

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

I'll be careful walking past Hillside Condo tonight Steven, don't want an empty Leo on my head!🙃🙃

Which Hillside is that?  I lived in HS4 for a while.   Good days they were. 

2 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

I prefer to drink once or twice a mounth on a social outing but nothing more. Excessive or reglar alcohool boozing makes people into brainless veggies, unable to control or to think in their minds. And they don't even realise that they are going to their doom. Sad as most of the falang drunks in Thailand are just lonely souls trying to forget their past in the west.

What ever.... that's your perception. 

8 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Tried the Captain Morgan Gold from 7-11 a few days ago.   Bitch piss.   

Agreed. Captain Morgan is actually a big step down from Bacardi. Spiced rum is always terrible.

Phraya, the local upsell option is good, but hardly worth 900 baht, and that goes double for the 1,500 baht version.

We like Havana Club 7 year old brown (900 baht at Rimping). There's a no-name brand called simply Guyana Rum with a ship on the label for 700 baht (70 ml) available at a single store in Nimman, and it's very smooth indeed.

If Bob ever makes it to Chiang Mai, I'd love to kill a bottle of it with him.

12 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Bob, or whomever you are....You are full of BS, nobody has a Thai friend. Been around here for 30 years and not one guy I know has a male Thai friend.

I do, 

I need a drink myself. It's been one circus of a week...work-wise. Any good whiskey recommendation/suggestion will be highly appreciated, except for JD and JW haha. No cheap whiskey please.😜Just something this lady could enjoy without going all through 10,000 emotions.😂😂

4 minutes ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

I need a drink myself. It's been one circus of a week...work-wise. Any good whiskey recommendation/suggestion will be highly appreciated, except for JD and JW haha. No cheap whiskey please.😜Just something this lady could enjoy without going all through 10,000 emotions.😂😂

ever tried Lao Kao? 😉 

bob.

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2024 at 2:04 PM, rexpotter said:

Bob, or whomever you are....You are full of BS, nobody has a Thai friend. Been around here for 30 years and not one guy I know has a male Thai friend.

I have 5 Thai male friends 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2024 at 2:04 PM, rexpotter said:

That's because they're jealous of our enormous todgers

On 3/15/2024 at 1:52 PM, giddyup said:

Got to admit I used to love a big piss up, but now at my advanced age 2 beers is all I can manage without a hangover.

Try to alternate a bottle of beer with a bottle of water. The visits to the toilet will increase but so will the number of beers. What's not to like!?

On 3/15/2024 at 1:52 PM, giddyup said:

Got to admit I used to love a big piss up, but now at my advanced age 2 beers is all I can manage without a hangover.

I'm the same. I'm a whisky man and I try to save my first drink until around 9pm, but if my pouring arm gets a bit heavy between then and bedtime around midnight, then I suffer the next day. I'm 80 yoa in June and am trying to resign myself to the fact that this is only going to get worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I'm the same. I'm a whisky man and I try to save my first drink until around 9pm, but if my pouring arm gets a bit heavy between then and bedtime around midnight, then I suffer the next day. I'm 80 yoa in June and am trying to resign myself to the fact that this is only going to get worse.

Consider yourself lucky that you don't have Parkinson's. You would end up with half a pint every time you pour a glass. On the other hand, if you fancy a tug, it can be a bonus.

I know - I'm going to hell....

On 3/15/2024 at 1:34 PM, bob smith said:

that's my tipple for today.

I am pressing the self destruct button.

I am powerless against the booze.

AA wont do anything for me,

nor will telling myself I have a problem.

The sun is shining, the ice is cold, what's not to like?

Tonight I am heading out with a few thai friends.

They said they will give me pointers on how to be more thai.

I will observe them, see what they do and try and copy.

they are all hard drinkers.

bob.

And you will be in the chair

• Confused 1