Quadruple Whiskey & Coke..

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, rexpotter said:

Bob, or whomever you are....You are full of BS, nobody has a Thai friend. Been around here for 30 years and not one guy I know has a male Thai friend.

so who are the 4 thai males that are taking me out to dinner later?

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Gandtee said:

Even though I think you are a bull*****r Bob, you've just tickled my taste buds and I'm going to down an icy Chang. At ninety I daren't miss an opportunity. Cheers.😉

enjoy it buddy 🍻

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

So you are incapable of making friends with Thai’s & project the same failings onto everyone else ?

Its perfectly believable that many long term westerners have close Thai friends, I do, as do many of my friends.

That said, with the anti-Thai sentiment expressed by Bob in other threads the reality of him having Thai friends is somewhat surprising. 

funnily enough I have many, richard.

most do not know my true feelings toward them, just like I don't know their true feelings toward me.,

navigating a conversation with a thai male is like a game.

sincerity is basically non existent,

it's all ego massage and trying to gain as much face as possible in the short time we have together.

bob.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I'm half way through my first cold bottle of Chang Bob ........   and it's tastes invitingly palatable.......

flip it…. I’m going to have one of those new 6.0 % FullMoon IPA’s then…

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

most do not know my true feelings toward them, just like I don't know their true feelings toward me.,

it's all ego massage and trying to gain as much face as possible in the short time we have together.

bob.

That’s somewhat different then…

The close Thai friends I have I trust implicitly, just as I do my close non-Thai friends…. Perhaps because it’s clear there is no hidden resentment or underlying (unfounded) judgement (& we also rip the pi$$ out of each other). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

That’s somewhat different then…

The close Thai friends I have I trust implicitly, just as I do my close non-Thai friends…. Perhaps because it’s clear there is no hidden resentment or underlying (unfounded) judgement (& we also rip the pi$$ out of each other). 

Sadly, I have yet to meet a Thai man without a hidden agenda/motive/resentment.

Sad but true.

bob.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bob smith said:

so far that is also what I have found.

bob.

You don't type like a drunk. Your replies and posts are all of the game....:Last response for me whoever you are.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bob smith said:

Sadly, I have yet to meet a Thai man without a hidden agenda/motive/resentment.

Sad but true.

bob.

Rephrase- you have yet to meet a Thai male you don’t ’suspect’ of having a hidden agenda…

Understandable if making acquaintances outside of (below) your ‘socio-economic’ status…

… but, building mutually respectful relationships with those of similar socio-economic-educational status (of any nationality) takes time, trust builds over years. 

19 minutes ago, bob smith said:

so who are the 4 thai males that are taking me out to dinner later?

bob.

4 ladyboys , not the same as having 4 male Thai friends even if you think so ...

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

You don't type like a drunk. Your replies and posts are all of the game....:Last response for me whoever you are.

ok, good riddance.

bob.

42 minutes ago, bob smith said:

bob.

In other words they are alcoholics who, like you, don't really know about the other alcoholics that they find themselves washed up next to.

Reason being that, like you (and every other alky in the world) they talk only about about themselves and have no interest in anybody, or anything, else.

Nothing else except, of course, your precious ******* alcohol....how you drink it, how you mix it, when you drink it, how it makes you feel, what you feel like when you can't get it. 

Other people, including other alcoholics, are only there to be talked at...... not listened to.

You talk only about your self-absorbed, self-indulgent, self-loathing, self-pitying, out of control, car crash of a life (as you do on AN) and don't listen.......they talk only about themselves and don't listen. 

That is the essence of "friendship" among alcoholics.

Complete ******* bores the lot of you.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Enoon said:

In other words they are alcoholics who, like you, don't really know about the other alcoholics that they find themselves washed up next to.

Reason being that, like you (and every other alky in the world) they talk only about about themselves and have no interest in anybody, or anything, else.  Other people, including other alcoholics, are only there to be talked at...... not listened to.

You talk only about yourself and don't listen.......they talk only about themselves and don't listen. 

That is the essence of "friendship" among alcoholics.

Complete ******* bores the lot of you.

but alcoholism is a disease..

would you talk the same way to a cancer/aids patient?

I think not.

bob.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

that's my tipple for today.

I am pressing the self destruct button.

I am powerless against the booze.

AA wont do anything for me,

nor will telling myself I have a problem.

The sun is shining, the ice is cold, what's not to like?

Tonight I am heading out with a few thai friends.

They said they will give me pointers on how to be more thai.

I will observe them, see what they do and try and copy.

they are all hard drinkers.

bob.

keep  going youll get there in the end.............