HTMS Chonburi moored at sea after accidental weapons discharge

snoop1130

Has the navy’s commander-in-chief, Admiral Adoong Pan-iam lost his job yet? I think this would be expected in most nations that were not absolutely dominated by their rather pathetic armed forces. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Navy has relocated HTMS Chonburi out to sea, from the naval base in Chon Buri province, after a jammed artillery shell was accidentally discharged into HTMS Khirirat, which was docked nearby.

Oooop's tor-teeee 

Maybe time to clean up yet another hive of money wasting if not money destruction. The aircraft carrier was a total waste of money, now they start nuking their own boats and I just hope, it does not culminate in a battle where the new submarines without engines start launching torpedoes against each other. 
Yet another governmental part which should be closed, everyone sent home and the arsenal sold off as scrap metal. Latter revenues to be used for better education, social welfare of the underprivileged etc. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Navy has relocated HTMS Chonburi out to sea

Considering the warship HTMS Sukhothai that sunk due to high winds and strong waves, the HTMS Chonburi would be best moved to dry dock.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Can someone please explain how a shell which is jammed, can be fired?

Can someone please explain from where this 'jammed shell' statement came? I did see any mention in the original reports.

17 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Can someone please explain from where this 'jammed shell' statement came? I did see any mention in the original reports.

Here you go:

The following is in bold print below the picture in the OP.

"The Navy has relocated HTMS Chonburi out to sea, from the naval base in Chon Buri province, after a jammed artillery shell was accidentally discharged into HTMS Khirirat, which was docked nearby."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Muhendis said:

Here you go:

The following is in bold print below the picture in the OP.

"The Navy has relocated HTMS Chonburi out to sea, from the naval base in Chon Buri province, after a jammed artillery shell was accidentally discharged into HTMS Khirirat, which was docked nearby."

Thanks. I must have been wearing the wrong spectacles.🙄

• Thumbs Up 1

Minor correction.

HTMS Chonburi moored anchored at sea after accidental weapons discharge

Unless, of course, there was a mooring buoy handy.

Skipper is due for court martial tomorrow.

• Haha 1