Two New Zealand Men Arrested in Phuket for Alleged Brutal Assault on Traffic Cop

webfact

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are more likely to only meet the pleasant ones in Thailand. The unpleasant ones have no problem getting it for free in NZ, so why would they go to Thailand? They'd likely have zero interest in temples.

because it does not require much commitment in Thailand to be a punter.

3 hours ago, chessman said:

According to news in New Zealand, the two are brothers and their parents are millionaires.

Yes. They have a sense of entitlement, obviously. Thought they could buy their way out with a bribe, like some sort of mini-Red Bull. Might have worked had it been done in the dark, without video. But this is blasting all over Thailand in every sort of media. 

3 hours ago, george said:

“You guys white people who are supportive of this page, please raise your kids well, don't let them act like these problematic people below... raise them to be a normal one not colonizers or criminals”

“it's time to have visa restriction for western countries... cultural water is hard to elimimiate, likewise white men's behaviors which need to be stopped including their superior complex rooted from their media such as <deleted>ty movie; hangover and their racism...”

How much American media are those people watching? Holy sh*t.

"He is trying to kill us" one of the guys said in the video to the Thai couple. You can see that they were not being aggressive or looking crazy in the video. They had zero interest in using the gun themselves. Hopefully we will see all the CCTV evidence to show what actually happened.  Either way, I bet they will never return to Thailand again.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

At the very least Im hoping for a public  lynching, decapitation , put thru a mincer, made into jam and given free  to all Thai nationals as a  lesson to us  all. Clicks  machine goes into overdrive

Ohh, I guess that's a comparison with the tough treatment thaksin has received. 

2 minutes ago, alien365 said:

"He is trying to kill us" one of the guys said in the video to the Thai couple. You can see that they were not being aggressive or looking crazy in the video. They had zero interest in using the gun themselves. Hopefully we will see all the CCTV evidence to show what actually happened.  Either way, I bet they will never return to Thailand again.

Or they will never leave Thailand again (also a possibility).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Whatever happens for what ever reason you don't do that to a Thai police,an and expect a pardon.

Yes very true, mainly due to the loss of face!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Well I guess the video etc., shows they are just 2 nice guys. 

• Agree 2

"Meanwhile, the millionaire parents of the two suspects, who are brothers, have spoken to the New Zealand press about the situation, which you can read here. In brief, they stated they were shocked by the situation, had obtained the services of a lawyer, and described the suspects as “[b]Just two kids on vacation[/b]”, stressing that both men had families and children of their own who were deeply concerned about them.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/watch-parents-of-kiwi-brothers-arrested-in-thailand-speak-as-video-shows-fight-for-control-of-cops-pistol/6CJNBFDOGFHVDB5IRKHJEICKMU/

General Surachet has informed the press that he has instructed Major General Songprod Sirisukkha, the Immigration Region 6 Commander, to cancel the visas of the two New Zealand men in question and prohibit their entry into Thailand in the future. The Chalong Police Chief, Colonel Eakkarat Plaiduang, revealed that these two individuals are currently being taken to the Phuket Provincial Court today (March 18th).

The two suspects are facing charges related to robbery, assaulting or resisting an officer on duty, and driving without a valid license. Despite allegedly attempting to bribe the police to avoid further charges, their efforts were unsuccessful.

https://thephuketexpress.com/2024/03/18/update-two-new-zealand-suspects-in-alleged-assault-of-thai-cop-to-have-visas-revoked-head-to-court/

The Bangkok Post reported that the Days initially sped up before stopping, allegedly shouting at the police officer who recorded their actions on his mobile phone.

At that point, it was alleged, the New Zealand tourists attempted to block the recording in an altercation that turned physical and led to a shot being fired from the officer’s automatic pistol during a scuffle for control of the weapon.

So what if the cop asked for money?????   You know fine well what happens in Thailand,  take the chance,  or get a license,  don't speed,  wear a helmet, dont drink and drive,  these 2 wasters were speeding,  no helmets,  don't know if they have a license,  don't know if they had a beer,  it's all immaterial,  they didn't stop,  tough sh@t boys,  you going down,  I for 1 hope you get 10 years in prison.  

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Good to see the Kiwi's making the headlines. 

Thailand wants more tourism but they really should filter the tourists, too many lowlife foreigners arriving. 

Glad to see the Swiss disappeared from the news... for now...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo 12345 said:

Should have stopped simple,  to many QUINCY'S on this site,  think you all know it all,  you know FA,  all guessing,  he did this he did that,  I know this for sure,  thai lady took the video,  if you understand thai,  she's shouting to let the cop go.  15 years each,  

And we can clearly hear one guy say the cop attack them... you obviously wish to take the cop's side, as RTP cops are so honest  and trustworthy... law abiding citizens.

Me,.. well I wasn't there.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Aussie999 said:

And we can clearly hear one guy say the cop attack them... you obviously wish to take the cop's side, as RTP cops are so honest  and trustworthy... law abiding citizens.

Had no issues with them. Very friendly.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Either way, I bet they will never return to Thailand again.

Any tourist, wishing to return after a first visit to Thailand needs to get his head examined. Thailand 2024 has very little in common with Thailand 2009 and nothing with Thailand 1980.

So many greater and welcoming places to visit. Even Malaysia has a lot more attraction.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Well where was you !

Do something!!