Trump: ‘I don’t know’ if Putin was responsible for Navalny’s death

Social Media

image.png

Trump Questions Putin's Involvement in Navalny's Death, Drawing Criticism

Former President Donald Trump has once again raised doubts about Russian President Vladimir Putin's involvement in the death of opposition leader Alexei Navalny, prompting criticism from Western leaders and political figures.

Navalny's mysterious death in a Russian prison last month has sparked international outcry, with many Western leaders, including President Joe Biden, attributing responsibility to Putin. However, Trump, in a recent interview with Fox News, refrained from explicitly blaming Putin for Navalny's demise.

When asked about Putin's culpability, Trump responded, "I don't know," adding, "Perhaps. I mean, possibly, I could say probably. I don't know." He further speculated about Navalny's life expectancy statistically, suggesting that the opposition leader could have lived for many more years based on insurance data.

Trump's reluctance to definitively attribute Navalny's death to Putin drew scrutiny, particularly in light of Navalny's previous poisoning attempt, widely believed to have been orchestrated by the Russian government. Despite the evidence pointing towards Russian involvement, Trump remained noncommittal, stating, "You certainly can't say for sure."

Critics lambasted Trump's remarks, citing his history of downplaying Putin's actions and their implications for international relations. Trump's initial comparison of Navalny's situation to his own legal battles received widespread condemnation, with former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi condemning his comments as "beneath the dignity of a human being."

Pelosi further questioned Trump's relationship with Putin, suggesting that his unwavering loyalty to the Russian leader raised concerns about potential leverage Putin may hold over him. She criticized Trump's remarks as disqualifying for any future political aspirations, including another presidential bid.

Trump's interview coincided with the final day of voting in Russian elections, widely expected to result in Putin's reelection to another six-year term in a process deemed noncompetitive by critics. Despite the lack of genuine opposition, thousands of Russians mobilized in protest against Putin's regime, highlighting widespread discontent with his leadership.

As Trump's comments continue to stir controversy, they underscore broader tensions surrounding Russia's political landscape and its implications for global diplomacy. The former president's reluctance to confront Putin's actions raises questions about the United States' stance on human rights abuses and authoritarian regimes under future leadership.

Source

image.png

• Confused 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump fan backs Trump backing Putin, bangs on  about ‘lefties’ as some kind of justification for obvious blind spot.

'Leave aside the personal commits about Myself, Putin and Trump.

Do you have an comment about the point that I raised ?

Person A cannot say person B is guilty of murder without there being an evidence as proof .

*I don't like him, so he must be guilty of all accusations" isn't really any proof 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

'Leave aside the personal commits about Myself, Putin and Trump.

Do you have an comment about the point that I raised ?

Person A cannot say person B is guilty of murder without there being an evidence as proof .

*I don't like him, so he must be guilty of all accusations" isn't really any proof 

I made a comment about the point you raised.

You are simply stepping into line.

Accusations of murder and criminality happen all the time. This isn’t a court of law, there is no requirement for a presumption of innocence.

Just as those who hold Putin responsible for this murder are by no means all ‘lefties’.

Its your resort to ‘lefties’ that revealed the basis of your argument.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I made a comment about the point you raised.

You are simply stepping into line.

Accusations of murder and criminality happen all the time. This isn’t a court of law, there is no requirement for a presumption of innocence.

Just as those who hold Putin responsible for this murder are by no means all ‘lefties’.

Its your resort to ‘lefties’ that revealed the basis of your argument.

What is your opinion about the murder ?

Would you say that Putin is without doubt responsible and completely guilty of the crime, or would you say that he probably was responsible ?

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Would you say that Putin is without doubt responsible and completely guilty of the crime, or would you say that he probably was responsible ?

Nick you are stuffing around with an important issue in my opinion. Clearly it is extremely likely it was a government sanctioned death. Nothing is 100 per cent of course.  Look at the facts - clearly fine the day before, body not released in a  timely manner, previous attack etc. I consider it Trump's responsibility to be definitive in his condemnation of the circumstances and secrecy of his death rather than playing the - who knows how he died - game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I’m in agreement with Navalny’s widow on the matter.

Putin’s critics and political rivals have a habit of being murdered, you don’t see a pattern.

Trump has a habit of backing Putin, you don’t see a pattern.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/alexei-navalnys-wife-accuses-vladimir-32163023

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Nick you are stuffing around with an important issue in my opinion. Clearly it is extremely likely it was a government sanctioned death. Nothing is 100 per cent of course.  Look at the facts - clearly fine the day before, body not released in a  timely manner, previous attack etc. I consider it Trump's responsibility to be definitive in his condemnation of the circumstances and secrecy of his death rather than playing the - who knows how he died - game. 

So you also think that Putin probably was responsible for the death, but you cannot say for sure . 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Trump was asked a question and he answered 

Point is he can say an awful lot without saying he definitively 100 per cent knows how he died and who killed him. Put yourself in a position of power and ask yourself if you would be so cavalier and say the same. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Point is he can say an awful lot without saying he definitively 100 per cent knows how he died and who killed him. Put yourself in a position of power and ask yourself if you would be so cavalier and say the same. 

Trump is no longer in a position of power, Biden is now President 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump fan backs Trump backing Putin, bangs on  about ‘lefties’ as some kind of justification for obvious blind spot.

Show me 100% proof then. You can't.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

In a position of power only an idiot would accuse other world leaders of murder without evidence.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m in agreement with Navalny’s widow on the matter.

Putin’s critics and political rivals have a habit of being murdered, you don’t see a pattern.

Trump has a habit of backing Putin, you don’t see a pattern.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/alexei-navalnys-wife-accuses-vladimir-32163023

I see a 2 year war. Stupid Biden is clueless on how to stop it. You are more concerned with 1 death than thousands. That sums up the left in the west. No logic.

• Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Dolf said:

In a position of power only an idiot would accuse other world leaders of murder without evidence.

You are using the extreme comparative argument. I like World Leaders to take a stand in important matters like freedom to vote, freedom to protest and freedom of the press, in such a country as Russia. Freedom to live like we have. The reason for his death is highly likely not to be due to natural causes. It is not about standing on a box and saying - He Did It - but acknowledging such an events importance and significance beyond the sad death of one man. Many world leaders spoke up. Trump has no opinion and seems often to support what happens in Russia. If that's of no significance to you or even a good thing then it makes it easier for me to understand why you might support him. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Agree 1