Tattoos

Gandtee

36 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

females bodies plastered with what to me look like senseless scribble

Don't be so hard on them. These are women with bad memories and they are making "notes to self".

• Haha 2

I guess a big part if we like or don't like tattoos is our upbringing.

I don't remember anybody with a tattoo from when I was young.

I guess the first tattoo which I saw were from some bad guys in some prison movies. So after a while I guess I, and others, associate tattoos with bad guys.

Now I try to be open minded, but for my first impression tattoos certainly don't help.

There are some nice and smart people out there with tattoos. But IMHO they would all gain points by not having tattoos.

With the girls, a little rose on the shoulder or something like that is acceptable. More, if the relationship is short time. I am pretty sure I wouldn't want any long time relationship with a girl with too many or too big tattoos.

Before:

MV5BMjVmMDg1YTctYzU1My00Y2E5LThjNTgtY2Y5

After:

8ad8e5ebe9955110e1ff02787ab2bd91.jpg

• Sad 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess a big part if we like or don't like tattoos is our upbringing.

I don't remember anybody with a tattoo from when I was young.

I guess the first tattoo which I saw were from some bad guys in some prison movies. So after a while I guess I, and others, associate tattoos with bad guys.

Now I try to be open minded, but for my first impression tattoos certainly don't help.

There are some nice and smart people out there with tattoos. But IMHO they would all gain points by not having tattoos.

With the girls, a little rose on the shoulder or something like that is acceptable. More, if the relationship is short time. I am pretty sure I wouldn't want any long time relationship with a girl with too many or too big tattoos.

Before:

MV5BMjVmMDg1YTctYzU1My00Y2E5LThjNTgtY2Y5

After:

8ad8e5ebe9955110e1ff02787ab2bd91.jpg

Gain points in what way?

3 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I agree that tattoos on women are a big turn off.  Seeing older women with blurred tattoos on saggy skin is gross.  Tattoos on men are a useful indicator that the guy is a mutton-head and to be avoided. Guys with good jobs don't plaster themselves with tattoos.

I have several tattoos. Last time I was in France, there was a guy who gave me a look that said exactly what you express in your last sentence. The mid-level manager type with the obligatory corporate attire. I couldn't help but smile at the guy. I probably make at least twice the money he does. Amusing.

And your third sentence works both ways, having tatts keeps these types at bay, the types who judge others on preconceived ideas, which I have never found to be particularly smart.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Gain points in what way?

I am sure you know the concept. Lets say you meet a girl and she tells you she is into astrology. Maybe you think it's bs, then she loses points. Or you love astrology and she will gain points and you will live happily ever after.

Not that I have some real or imagined score for people. But obviously I like some more than others, etc. That's the principle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The good news is it looks like tattoos are dying out. In Windmill...as an example, the new ladies coming through would be tattooed up, now most have none 

I didn't count, but I think now more Nana girls have tattoos than years ago, IMHO it's sad how they mark "themselves" like that for the rest of their lives. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

He is certainly successful and he takes the trouble to be well dressed. But he doesn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer.... his wife probably helps him along in that respect. 

To be fair that's the stereotypical view of him, watch a couple of documentaries about him and you may change your view. He has an incredible drive to do well and always encourages youngest to work hard and fulfill their potential. He's an ambassador for the sport.

Oh, he also took his turn in the queue to pay his respects to the late Queen when others used their status and pushed to the front.

You dont need to hold a degree to be clever or a role model. I'm just highlighting the poster's ignorance over tattoos and 'mutton heads'

11 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Guys with good jobs don't plaster themselves with tattoos.

Only 'mutton heads' would make statements like that.........

Capture.JPG

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

I’ve got a tattoo on my Willy.

you can’t see it though..

bob.

The tattooist must have had good eyesight. Did he use a magnifying glass?😉

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Guys with good jobs don't plaster themselves with tattoos.

Although I can't claim to have a PhD in Space Physics, I do have an MSc in Space Science from University College London (UCL). I also have tattoos and I worked for 15 years as a rocket scientist.  Is that not a good job? 🙂

Edited by simon43
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1