Tinder ad slammed as an insult to Isaan women and Korat cuisine

webfact

In further developments and in the spirit of compromise an image of Pad Mee noodles being eaten OFF the attractive lady with the caption "Delicious" has been released. The ambiguity has satisfied all parties in this spat...

Edited by Chongalulu
  • Love It 1

21 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Take it down, not necessary. Tinder is a big ripoff anyways.

How is Tinder a rip off?

Millions of people use it very successfully.  It's also free.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

“The word ‘delicious’ should only be used about food, but the ad used it about women. That is not appropriate. I personally think that the ad disrespects women,” said Chanyanut Surachat.

No sense of humour, just an old sourpuss.

On 3/21/2024 at 12:30 PM, Tropicalevo said:

Oh no.

'Woke' has come to Thailand  😱

Go back to sleep caveman. Woke means evolved. The term was coined out of resentment by the narrow minded of the progress of most of us making in the direction of humanity, which forces the rest to confront their ignorance, and they don't like it. The rest of us are growing with the times and recognize and respect women and their legitimate issues. And respecting Thai culture and their ways has nothing to do with woke. You clearly don't get that. Respect for the country and its people. It's not your country, it's theirs. Tinder is a huge corporation which cares nothing of the people pouring money into their pockets, cares nothing about the cultures to whom they are marketing. Go back to Soi Cowboy where you don't have to strain your limited brain and nobody cares about your woke, and you can be as disrespectful and crude as you like to women as long as you're filling the pockets of the ladyboys and bar girls there. Go where you're on equal terms in the sleaze and streets and where women think no more of you than cattle to be milked dry. Better yet, go back to the US and vote for Trump. If you're not from the US I'm sure they'll make you an honorary citizen, you fit right in. Go to your KKK meetings. Parade around with the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers waving your confederate flag and your assault rifles. Chain your women to the stove, keep them barefoot and pregnant, republicans love that. Hope you're not married or have kids to spread your narrow mindedness  to. I came here with respect for the culture and thoroughly understand and support these women and all Thai people. The whole world has moved so far ahead of you that you'll never get it or catch up. Maybe that's why you have so much resentment - nobody likes being left behind in the dust 100 years behind the times. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Go back to sleep caveman. Woke means evolved. The term was coined out of resentment by the narrow minded of the progress of most of us making in the direction of humanity, which forces the rest to confront their ignorance, and they don't like it. The rest of us are growing with the times and recognize and respect women and their legitimate issues. And respecting Thai culture and their ways has nothing to do with woke. You clearly don't get that. Respect for the country and its people. It's not your country, it's theirs. Tinder is a huge corporation which cares nothing of the people pouring money into their pockets, cares nothing about the cultures to whom they are marketing. Go back to Soi Cowboy where you don't have to strain your limited brain and nobody cares about your woke, and you can be as disrespectful and crude as you like to women as long as you're filling the pockets of the ladyboys and bar girls there. Go where you're on equal terms in the sleaze and streets and where women think no more of you than cattle to be milked dry. Better yet, go back to the US and vote for Trump. If you're not from the US I'm sure they'll make you an honorary citizen, you fit right in. Go to your KKK meetings. Parade around with the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers waving your confederate flag and your assault rifles. Chain your women to the stove, keep them barefoot and pregnant, republicans love that. Hope you're not married or have kids to spread your narrow mindedness  to. I came here with respect for the culture and thoroughly understand and support these women and all Thai people. The whole world has moved so far ahead of you that you'll never get it or catch up. Maybe that's why you have so much resentment - nobody likes being left behind in the dust 100 years behind the times. 

A bigger load of claptrap, I have not read of late. I can't be bothered to address every ridiculous point, but just to educate you, the confederacy and the KKK were creations of the Democrat Party. You're welcome.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Why do your lot always get so angry if people don't agree with you?

20220528_083453.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My first thought was this woman was paid by someone via tinder to do this.   

Travel Thailand for the sights and food but meet others for a deeper impressuon. 

2 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Wow - that is an amazing piece of fiction Jonathan, but Gulliver's Travels was better.

I guess that wry humour is wasted on you.

Hope that you have a better day tomorrow. :jap:

5 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Wow,that's got to be a world record chip on this guys shoulder.

5 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Go wax your undercarriage....

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2024 at 1:53 AM, Jonathan Swift said:

Every time I see the words "woke means ..." posted by someone defending the term "woke", the definition is different.   
I don't think anyone supporting the "woke" even knows what the word "woke" means.   

On 3/21/2024 at 12:56 PM, bob smith said:

oh yeh?

tell me more mate..

i’m thinking about taking a trip there soon.

bob.

You mean before you leave Thailand?

For good?