American Arrested in Wichit for Allegedly Taking Away Minor from Parental Guardian

webfact

image.jpeg

Wichit – An American man was arrested in Wichit, Phuket City after he allegedly took away a minor under 18 years of age from their parents.

The Wichit Police told the Phuket Express that earlier this week they arrested the wanted suspect, identified only as Mr. Mark, 28, American national.

He is being accused of taking away a minor aged more than 15-years-old but not more than 18-years-old from their parents or guardian for obscenity even if consent was given.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-03-22

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I don't seem to move in the same circles as you and I don't know any 12-15 year old girls married off or sold into prostitution .

18 years old is the age when Thais can get married .

Paying Children/the Parents  for  sex is illegal and just because you haven't been caught, that doesn't make it legal 

You must live in a rose coloured bowl. Open your eyes and if you live in a village take an interest.  Yes it happens a lot. Quite common for a Thai family to let the Boyfriend stay to prevent daughter running away but normally reslts in a pregnant daughter. I remember a 16 year old ran away so not to marry her 50 year old fiancee who had paid the dowry and helped her family out. He got the police involved.  His demand was money back or to marry her younger sister. Yes he was Thai and yes she came back and married him.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 2long said:

This isn't about 12-15 girls.

Maybe, just maybe, the girl was a week or a month before her 18th birthday, and the guy is stated as 28. Is that really so bad? In most western countries it's absolutely fine.

If compared to a guy in his 70s with a young man of 19, I know which one most societies would see as worse.

Waiting for the haters..... 🙄

In western countries, we'd call this statutory rape.

45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That is how the law is worded, that is what matters.

Since when is the law an instrument for justice in Thailand? Are you new here? 😉 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

What are you on about. I am not moving in any circles. Just knows out of hearing from my wife´s village and surrounding villages as well as villages in provinces spread over Thailand where relatives are living.

In almost everyone of those villages there is a girl that has married the Thai traditional way at an age between 12-14 years.

Together with your comment you also wrote "because you haven´t been caught". I sincerely hope you are meaning in general and not pointing that on me. I am not such a guy.

As a last note: What legal things are you talking about? This is Thailand, and the law does not work as it does in your home country. Just get used to it.

12/14 years..................😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

12/14 years..................😂

No, I did not post 0,857 years. What I posted was between 12 to 14 years old girls that are married away with the parents consent by marriage the Thai traditional way, which is something they see as far stronger than a piece of paper. After that the girl usually have their first child when she is 13-15 years old and her future is ruined.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

No, I did not post 0,857 years. What I posted was between 12 to 14 years old girls that are married away with the parents consent by marriage the Thai traditional way, which is something they see as far stronger than a piece of paper. After that the girl usually have their first child when she is 13-15 years old and her future is ruined.

Are you thinking of the Amazon tribal areas.......?........🤭

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you thinking of the Amazon tribal areas.......?........🤭

I think I have been writing what I think of in my posts. Can you read?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

I think I have been writing what I think of in my posts. Can you read?

Yes I can read, you wrote 12 to 14 year olds getting married in Thailand, never heard of it.......:huh:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, freeworld said:

In the Phuket news article they write about an American man aged 68 years old has been arrested.

And the Phuket News article has the same photo as the OP.

We are not permitted to post links to Phuket News.