Swampy Arrival late las night

17 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Well, point taken, and I have flown Biz class on longer flights (Oz to BKK etc) but hardly worth the cost on a 2hr flight from Hong Kong.

Plenty of reasonable French red and white wines available on EK in cattle class.

Wasn't it immigration cattle class you were complaining about? Avoided if you fly business. 

14 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Wasn't it immigration cattle class you were complaining about? Avoided if you fly business. 

No it was the special  "Priority" line for the aged, disabled, families with small kids etc that I was commenting on.

3 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Thanks for your comments.

Note that is was the checking of boarding passes whilst DE~planning, at each aircraft exiting door which greatly slowed things up.

I had never experienced this before!

oh that seems strange. I wonder what purpose that could serve.

8 hours ago, sikishrory said:

oh that seems strange. I wonder what purpose that could serve.

It was explained earlier in the thread that the flight carries on to Dubai so they're checking no-one gets off that shouldn't.

11 hours ago, treetops said:

It was explained earlier in the thread that the flight carries on to Dubai so they're checking no-one gets off that shouldn't.

Yes that's correct, however this flight has always carried on to Dubai and I've never seen this procedure before (over many flights from Hkg to Bkk.

As I mentioned earlier, one cabin crew mentioned that Thai Immigration had requested this so that no pax roll up to Immigration without their boarding pass. Which seems to have replaced the TM6 on airport arrivals.

On 3/24/2024 at 1:20 AM, gargamon said:

Stop your whining and fly business class. No lineups in VIP line. 

At current rates and fares I'd say its around 100.000 Baht extra to fly Biz over Economy London Bangkok return

In the interim you enjoy landing 20 metres in front of me and I'll happily wait 30 minutes in the normal queue with my 100k 😁

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1