Russian Man Arrested for Drunk Driving in Patong

webfact

3 hours ago, peterpaintpot said:

The police on traffic duty have a duty to remove all drivers breaking the traffic laws from the highways.  But the RTP do not do that!

No, it is not the responsibility of the police "to remove all drivers breaking the law from the highways",  very few offences have the penalty of "removing the driver" from the road. 

9 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

So how is that relevant? Or do you feel the need to post the first few words on as many threads as possible?

Do you support drink driving, because others do it?

Easy to avoid getting done for drink driving, arrange a taxi, but there us always those with their superiority complex, who will be along to defend the drink drivers, blaming xenophobic Thai police.

While there is no excuse for drunk driving, the Thai police allow the taxi mafia to operate with rip-off prices, making using your own vehicle the only viable option for many.. Some of my friends in Phuket have started booking hotels for the night instead of going back home because a taxi costs more than a room!

12 minutes ago, SS1 said:

While there is no excuse for drunk driving, the Thai police allow the taxi mafia to operate with rip-off prices, making using your own vehicle the only viable option for many.. Some of my friends in Phuket have started booking hotels for the night instead of going back home because a taxi costs more than a room!

Yes agree, but at least they are taking responsibility for their actions.

I do the same when attending functions or a night out in Pattaya, cheaper and easier to book a hotel. I know a few local taxis that would be cheaper, but it is far simpler to use a hotel, no stress and no hassle.

I wonder, was he allowed to continue driving after paying the fine, after all that is also allowed if you don't have a helmet or a driving licence, for example.
It's just one question, a lot is possible in TIT.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Yes agree, but at least they are taking responsibility for their actions.

I do the same when attending functions or a night out in Pattaya, cheaper and easier to book a hotel. I know a few local taxis that would be cheaper, but it is far simpler to use a hotel, no stress and no hassle.

Many years ago I would also book a hotel, I live in Rawai go have a night out in Patong easier all round and safer, 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I wonder how many Thai locals got busted in the 3 days?

And what's your point: drunk farangs in traffic are less of a problem than drunk locals

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NONG CHOK said:

My wife told me years ago to never stop when see a traffic accident, especially motor bikes. If there's no witnesses at the scene the motor bike rider will claim the you caused the accident. Next thing you maybe sued for damages even though you were a few kilometers away from where the accident occurred. Also never drive an uninsured vehicle.

My son first visit to Patong about 25 years ago. Let him drive my big bike.  Mbike taxi turn right into Nanai 2 hit someone. My son passing by and stop to help. Yes .... he was accused cause accident. Came back my house with taxi driver and police in town. He in panic. Wanted borrow big money from me. I wandered down, looked at the damage and told taxi driver can get new plastic bits for 2,000 baht. Police agree. 2,000 baht done deal.  

4 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Think it is you that lack the logic or ability. But never let your arrogance get in the way you ignorance.

What excuse do you give for when you drink drive?

Since you do not have any arguments of any value, you then try to make one up.

I never ever drink and drive.

But do not let that fact get in the way of your desire express vitriolic comments....

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Second that, what he said is complete cobblers.

If you care to educate yourself, please go park at Ha Yaek Chalong, and look at all the Thais going through the traffic without a helmet, while all the foreigners get stopped or chased for not wearing a helmet.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Since you do not have any arguments of any value, you then try to make one up.

I never ever drink and drive.

But do not let that fact get in the way of your desire express vitriolic comments....

So you choose to defend drink driving, because you claim Thai’s never get stopped, so it must be ok for everyone!

Just another ill informed Thai bashing troll

Bye 🤡

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

My apologies, since it might not be true in all parts of Thailand.

But as it relates to the Chalong police station zone of authority, it is absolutely true....

As my son and many others can vouch for, totally not true.

21 hours ago, Hellfire said:

The next morning I read about possible consequences, which I luckily avoided and which included things like prison time and deportation,

Not to mention that you could have killed someone eh?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2024 at 6:46 AM, norfolkandchance said:

I try to beat him on the first response to a thread but he gets ahead every time.

Yes he seems to "at it" 24hrs a day, qnd i don't condone DD anytime!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Not to mention that you could have killed someone eh?

Anybody driving a car can kill someone, not only those who are drunk. I , personally, would never drive drunk if I felt that being drunk makes me a worse driver. Still, I agree that it is irresponsible behavior and this is why I avoid doing so for many years already.

On 3/23/2024 at 3:35 PM, Peterphuket said:

I wonder, was he allowed to continue driving after paying the fine, after all that is also allowed if you don't have a helmet or a driving licence, for example.
It's just one question, a lot is possible in TIT.

my friend got caught drunk by the police, paid a fine of THB 10.000,-- and was allowed to carry on driving. When he asked for a receipt the policemen replied that there is no more control on his way home. TIT

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/23/2024 at 6:07 PM, Georgealbert said:

So you choose to defend drink driving, because you claim Thai’s never get stopped, so it must be ok for everyone!

Just another ill informed Thai bashing troll

Bye 🤡

Thai's get also stopped, but police does not take any action about Thais driving over red lights, which is even more dangerous and more common than drinking and driving.