Laptop Keeps Wiping Out Writing

Neeranam

Ah, yes it does and that could well be the problem - thanks lot.

Had a similar problem, mouse was hopping all over the place, turned out to be the track pad being dirty/damp, try cleaning it with an alcohol wet cloth :o

Had a similar problem, mouse was hopping all over the place, turned out to be the track pad being dirty/damp, try cleaning it with an alcohol wet cloth :o

Most laptops also have a button to disable the Trackpad completely - you could try that to see if it makes the problem go away.

Then you can tinker with the Trackpad settings - most also have some settings whereby the Trackpad can be disabled while typing.

The user manual is your friend :D

I had exactly the same problem with my acer laptop if I dont have the correct driver installed.. The default windows one skips up highlighting text as you type and so the next letter 'overwrites' the highlighted text and its gone.. Very annoying.

See if the laptop has a specific trackpad driver.

Had a similar problem, mouse was hopping all over the place, turned out to be the track pad being dirty/damp, try cleaning it with an alcohol wet cloth :D

Crossy ol' pal!

You waste alcohol on a cloth?

Woe become you! :o

I had exactly the same problem with my acer laptop if I dont have the correct driver installed.. The default windows one skips up highlighting text as you type and so the next letter 'overwrites' the highlighted text and its gone.. Very annoying.

See if the laptop has a specific trackpad driver.

Excuse my ignorance but could you point me in the right direction as to how to find this out.

Does the lap top have a tracker pad? You may be brushing it, or it may need cleaning.

Regards

Brushing the tracker pad is probably the problem. It happens to me sometimes when I am lazy and typing with my palms resting on the notebook. The proper technique for typing (using a typewriter) is with the palms of your hands raised up and not resting on the machine. I would imagine the same applies to computer keyboards (and notebooks).

Edited by Gumballl