Songkran NOT in Pattaya

eboy

13 hours ago, digbeth said:

I miss the days where Pattaya only did the mad Songkran on the 19th only, sure it gets wilder than other places but it's only 1 day you can plan for, 

I'm sure the Muslim majority place like 3 Provinces down south frown against this sort of thing so you'll be safe there 

There has aways been extended water throwing in the Pattaya area......not sure I recall any days it was only the 19th. It would start on the official holidays for Songkran and usually consist of drunk gangs of childish farangs at particular bars, having fun tinged with malicious intent. I do recall things used to die down at sunset back then, so popping back for a change of clothes was of some benefit......

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

There has aways been extended water throwing in the Pattaya area......not sure I recall any days it was only the 19th. It would start on the official holidays for Songkran and usually consist of drunk gangs of childish farangs at particular bars, having fun tinged with malicious intent. I do recall things used to die down at sunset back then, so popping back for a change of clothes was of some benefit......

That would be soi 7 or 8 bars, nobody would set up water buckets in front of the shops in most other area, South Pattaya and walking street would still be dry, coming from the dark side you could do yours shopping at Carrefour then or Tesco in North Pattaya without being bothered 

On 3/25/2024 at 9:02 PM, Pattaya57 said:

I found that to survive Songkran you have 2 choices. Lock yourself in your condo or go all in and enjoy yourself with water guns blazing.

Other option of getting pissed off if people spray you is not really an option

Oh don't make a fool of yourself old man please !

You could always hit them with ya walking stick , lock yourself in the condo GrandDad with a good book about the Psychometrics of Ageing 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Oh don't make a fool of yourself old man please !

You could always hit them with ya walking stick , lock yourself in the condo GrandDad with a good book about the Psychometrics of Ageing 

Do you think 57 is an old man that needs a cane?

I'm speaking from experience. When I got actively involved I loved it and had a great time with wet Thai girls everywhere. 

When I didn't get actively involved I hated it so for me better to just stay home for a week (early morning walks and night time were still okay)

18 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Do you think 57 is an old man that needs a cane?

I'm speaking from experience. When I got actively involved I loved it and had a great time with wet Thai girls everywhere. 

When I didn't get actively involved I hated it so for me better to just stay home for a week (early morning walks and night time were still okay)

I'm sure they love your  heart GrandDad ....not your  baht ! 

On 3/25/2024 at 9:54 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Stay away from the usual water throwing spots, and you never get bothered by it.

And even then, apart from the odd rogue <deleted>, all the water throwing is finished by sundown.

Obviously, I am not talking about the 19th here.

Way too much whinging about Songkran in Pattaya IMO

Totally wrong. A gang of water throwers usually hang out on 2nd road just before Walking Street and drench every tuktuk that goes by. So basically you can't get into central Pattaya unless you walk, while dodging the morons.

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Totally wrong. A gang of water throwers usually hang out on 2nd road just before Walking Street and drench every tuktuk that goes by. So basically you can't get into central Pattaya unless you walk, while dodging the morons.

Ah yes, the Indian community.

Sorry, I forgot about them.